• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Bi9tpMlIcAAOE4X.jpg

Gotta love Maldini. He's not doing himself any favours by saying stuff like this though. I guess it's safe to assume that he and Galliani did not part on good terms, lol. As long as Adriano remains in charge, he's locked out of a managerial role.

Turok_TTZ

Cristiano Ronaldo, you do Real Madrid proud.
I hated your ass for being a prick on the pitch, but I see you truly are one with a heart of gold off it. If any hate lingered, it is completely gone now. Please continue to be an example for our felllow madridistas to follow and lead madrid to glory.

yet another of many good deeds from CR7. I have a newfound respect for him now. sorry if old but I feel it warrants attention.

Herr K

Banned
Gotta love Maldini. He's not doing himself any favours by saying stuff like this though. I guess it's safe to assume that he and Galliani did not part on good terms, lol. As long as Adriano remains in charge, he's locked out of a managerial role.

Galliani should leave for his own sake. It does him no good to shit on a club and his image at the same time, just for the heck of it.

lol, that counts draws. call me up when you get the longest winning streak in Europe, breh.

1. 29 Benfica
2. 28 Dinamo Zagreb
3. 25 Celtic
4. 22 PSV Eindhoven
5. 17 Inter
6. 15 Real Madrid
6. 15 Bayern Munich
7. 14 Arsenal
7. 14 Bristol City
7. 14 Preston North End
7. 14 Manchester United
7. 14 DC United
8. 13 San Lorenzo
8. 13 Reading
9. 12 Barcelona
10. 11 Roma

sohois

Anyone noticed that resident gambling baron, Hiroshawn, was banned? Seems he went a bit nuts in that party reporting thread.

I'm not sure if was even a full member yet so he may have been permed

LTWheels

This summer, I think we only really need to spend our money on two big signings, rather than spreading around the cash.

We have made quite good use of the loan system this year. Our squad will be much more robust next season with Borini, Assaidi, Wisdom, Suso and Ibe all having improved.

I would be quite happy if we seriously went for only Shaw and Lallana.

FootballFan

This summer, I think we only really need to spend our money on two big signings, rather than spreading around the cash.

We have made quite good use of the loan system this year. Our squad will be much more robust next season with Borini, Assaidi, Wisdom, Suso and Ibe all having improved.

do u want to buy alex song

pls

TeddyBoy

Anyone noticed that resident gambling baron, Hiroshawn, was banned? Seems he went a bit nuts in that party reporting thread.

I'm not sure if was even a full member yet so he may have been permed

I noticed this too, he just made it past 300 posts and became a member before he was banned, so hopefully not permed.

Yeah I agree, I don't want to see us pull a Spurs and sign too many players, a few of great quality is much better.

Ours players out on loan can help give us a decent starting budget for the summer. I see Borini, Wisdom, Suso and Ibe having futures with us, Reina and Assaidi will be moved on and I think Alberto will go to Spain on loan. Aspas will be sold too with Borini returning. Kelly, Coates, Johnson and another CB will be sold most likely.

Shaw is a player Rodgers would love to have as he has the potential to be the perfect left back in the future, but he is a Chelsea fan which will make it complicated if Chelsea get interested.

Lallana isn't happening, we enquired only for him to turn us down, he used to be an Everton fan and he doesn't like the idea of playing for Liverpool.

Actually, our new additions have mostly been decent posters. Walshy and Teddy especially.

Thanks Mastadon :)

LTWheels

Shaw is a player Rodgers would love to have as he has the potential to be the perfect left back in the future, but he is a Chelsea fan which will make it complicated if Chelsea get interested.

Lallana isn't happening, we enquired only for him to turn us down, he used to be an Everton fan and he doesn't like the idea of playing for Liverpool.

Well we are in a different position to where we were last season. There is a difference from joining a club that was 8th and not too far ahead of your team, to what we can offer this summer. There is also uncertainty around Southampton now with what the own wants to do with the club and Cortese.

I also think the fan of sides thing is often overstated.

"He is a Galatasaray player, we know he is a free agent and we know he finishes his contract at the end of the season," Mourinho told Sky Sports News. "But we think it is not the right moment to speak about him.

"I think it has to happen one day. When, I don't know - as a player, as a coach, as an ambassador - next year, in four or five years, in 10 years - I don't know."

Sounds like the Drogba returning as striker coach might be true... At least Mourinho wanting it.

Feorax

I can't see us gettting Shaw. We won't pay more than £25 million for a fullback, which is what Southampton would ask for and Chelsea would pay.

I reckon someone like Ricardo Rodriguez would be a more realistic target for us.

I'd also have Schniederlin over Lallana all day given our squad needs right now. No better presser of the ball in the league.

Edit: looks like AVB to Zenit is official.

bud

the only job avb can hope of getting after he gets fired for the third time in a row is that of manager of... rio ave.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Two year deal for AVB loooooool

Even Levy gave him 3. No excuses for him now, he's in a joke league and he's finally got Hulk again, if he can't succeed under these conditions then it's safe to say that one season with Porto was a fluke.

he won't be there tmw? I was hoping for Remuntada
Maybe he'll be in the stands? He'll will us to victory from there.

Two year deal for AVB loooooool

Even Levy gave him 3. No excuses for him now, he's in a joke league and he's finally got Hulk again, if he can't succeed under these conditions then it's safe to say that one season with Porto was a fluke.

Is it a joke league if Spurs still wouldn't be able to qualify for CL there?

If Liverpool signed those two they'd be missing out on their best opportunity to position themselves near the top of the league in 20 years.

And Shaw is going to Chelsea.

Liverpool need a squad now.

They're actually going to have to compete on more than one front next season.
Yep. But not just that.

You don't slog your way back into the CL and then play it safe. Not that Shaw and Lallana aren't good, but they could do much better if they wanted.

Sure they will be aiming for much better. Hopefully Ian Ayre gets to work.

Rodrigues is a good option for LB. Moyes has been scouting him too. But Moyes will be no more. Whipeeeee.

Mastadon

Banned
Liverpool need a squad now.

They're actually going to have to compete on more than one front next season.

Yeah, although like LT said our depth will be better next season when we have players like Assaidi, Borini, Suso, Wisdom, Ilori, Robinson etc all coming back from loan.

Granted none of them are world beaters, but they could play a part in domestic cup competitions and allow us the strengthen other areas with genuine quality.

Yep. But not just that.

You don't slog your way back into the CL and then play it safe. Not that Shaw and Lallana aren't good, but they could do much better if they wanted.

Rodrigues is a good option for LB. Moyes has been scouting him too. But Moyes will be no more. Whipeeeee.

I want Moreno pls.

Plasma

Banned
How good is The Wolf Among Us? I was thinking of getting the episodes that are currently available.

I absolutely adored the Fable comics, surprised I didn't get this sooner.

I only learned about it a few threads ago :(

So far I'm enjoying it more than the new Walking Dead, if you can hold on though I'd recommend waiting until all the episodes are out. The release schedule for the episodes have been pretty sketchy, over four months between the first and second episodes and nearly two months have passed since the second one came out.

Yep. But not just that.

If I was Liverpool I would buy a midfielder. Lucas is injury prone and Gerrard is getting old. Someone that will just boss everyone around.

My random musings on the AVB hiring:

Positives:
-certainly means we're going to spend good amounts of money in the summer, no way AVB would have agreed to join otherwise
-Strong likelihood now that we don't sell Hulk in the summer
-being a polyglot will certainly help him communicate with our group of foreign players. Something Spalletti failed to do. Might even attempt to learn Russian. Again, something Spalletti never bothered to do.
-will be motivated to restore his reputation after the perceived failure in England. Still young so there's a chance he could learn from past mistakes.

Negatives:
-Dangerous time to take over. Need to get a grip on the team soon or we risk missing out on CL next season. Would severely hamper us on the transfer market.
-Dat fucking high line
-potential disaster of squad conflict given both AVB's and our current squad's history

Jack cw

That sucks. He obviously needs time to play to develop his skills even further, but Gladbach? Well, at least there he'll get the time I guess.

It does make sense. We did that with Lahm, Alaba and Kroos. Shaq is equally talented and if he plays like 30 games a season he might become the next Ribery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom