• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

If Moyes would be a poster on NeoGAF he would be even worse than Blablurn.

ibpWDxRwrjtjkE.gif

(weird, worked fine for me but re-hosted)

Meier

Moyes won't leave of his own accord, he'll have to be pushed. He left a very comfortable job at Everton to manage United. If he fails here where does he go? No big club will touch him and he obv can't go back to Everton so the cushier jobs are gone too. And I can imagine him not being up for rebuilding another floundering team ala Everton 10 years ago.

Agreed. He'd need a buyout of £20m (at a minimum, he has over £25m left on his deal) to leave IMO. Would be stupid to take anything less.

Seedorf could get sacked if he lose against Lazio and Fiorentina

I find that hard to believe. Again, as I said yesterday, Seedorf is Berlusconi's choice and has been our manager for two months, sacking him in 10 days would be seen as the president's mistake and Berlusconi definitely doesn't want that (he wants to keep the Pato-Tevez deal the last known fuck up from his part).

Unless Seedorf manages to lose every single match until the end of the season (and I think that's pretty impossible to do), he'll be our manager at least until next Christmas. At least. Imho he'll last until June 2015.

Clegg

Agreed. He'd need a buyout of £20m (at a minimum, he has over £25m left on his deal) to leave IMO. Would be stupid to take anything less.
Well according to Viva there is word going around that his contract can be broken of he fails to make the CL or fails to reach the QF any season he's in the competition. So any payout he receives will probably be substantially less than £20m

Feorax

The credit I would give Moyes over the Hodge is that he seems at least aware that it's going tits up. Hodgson seemed to think things were going pretty well until we binned him.

Meier

Well according to Viva there is word going around that his contract can be broken of he fails to make the CL or fails to reach the QF any season he's in the competition. So any payout he receives will probably be substantially less than £20m

Interesting. He probably assumed that these things were a foregone conclusion when accepting that if there is any truth to it. Sounds a bit like wishful thinking or pandering from a journalist though.

Clegg

Interesting. He probably assumed that these things were a foregone conclusion when accepting that if there is any truth to it. Sounds a bit like wishful thinking or pandering from a journalist though.
I think those sort of clauses are pretty standard these days.

The Llama

I think those sort of clauses are pretty standard these days.

Yeah, even Pardew's contract had a clause that if he's fired he only gets 1 year wages.

The problem for Moyeschester United is that they may not have thought to put in a clause like that since they just assumed it would all be fine. But honestly, who knows. Its pretty much impossible to say. Even Chelsea never put those clauses in, and I think Di Matteo is STILL being paid by them.

SfOyD9c.gif

Guess I'll be cheering for United against Olympiakos then.

Jarnet87

Had Fergie done the right thing and hired The Special One like he was supposed to, United would be at worse in 4th spot, and in a great position to advance to the quarters. Do the right thing Fergie, call for a press conference and beg Mourinho to come to Old Trafford.

Arsenal are monitoring Hamburg attacking midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu.

The 20-year-old, who has been likened to Mesut Ozil, has earned rave reviews in Germany following a number of impressive displays.
He has already been capped by the Turkey national team and is set to play a key role in their Euro 2016 qualification campaign.
And Gunners spies are making regular checks on Calhanoglu's progress with a view to a future move.
Hamburg would demand around £15million for the youngster this summer, with Liverpool also keeping tabs on their player.

Bundesliga GAF is he any good?

How long are we gonna pay him to sit on the injury table.

It's actually making me depressed to carry on talking about him

Stop it

Stop pretending Manchester United exist anymore

You will tell your bodyhairless chubby grandchildren about the suffering brought to you by Moyes and the destruction of the club you held so close to your heart

subtles

Rodgers has been forced to pull out of the Liverpool Half Marathon with a knee injury - but will be there to officially start the race. Echo

Get well soon Brendan. :(

Wilbur

Banned
You will tell your bodyhairless chubby grandchildren about the suffering brought to you by Moyes and the destruction of the club you held so close to your heart

There's a good chance my sperm has died due to the relentless kick in the balls this season has been

Who will carry on my legacy

Who will tell the tale of the pale orc

Blablurn

Arsenal are monitoring Hamburg attacking midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu.

The 20-year-old, who has been likened to Mesut Ozil, has earned rave reviews in Germany following a number of impressive displays.
He has already been capped by the Turkey national team and is set to play a key role in their Euro 2016 qualification campaign.
And Gunners spies are making regular checks on Calhanoglu's progress with a view to a future move.
Hamburg would demand around £15million for the youngster this summer, with Liverpool also keeping tabs on their player.

Bundesliga GAF is he any good?

How long are we gonna pay him to sit on the injury table.

he is probably one of the best talents in the bundesliga right now....
and he extended his contract like 2 or 3 weeks ago

FuturusX

Moyes should stop making excuses in his press conferences. The only real talking in football is done on the pitch. They need to win all three upcoming games or look something approaching victory in the City game.

He should sound like he has a plan to win beyond we'll try harder and our luck will turn.

Going from a shambles to competent in three days is a tough, however.

Jack cw

he is probably one of the best talents in the bundesliga right now....
and he extended his contract like 2 or 3 weeks ago

Maybe buy out clause? And I guess his contract isnt valid for the second division. But Arsenal should get Draxler too. Both are great talents that have serious Özil potential.

arkon

There's a difference between criticizing something and lambasting it from every angle for all it's worth. Reading Jack's post(s), he comes off as a man that hates Kojima as a creative and the series' direction. Why does he suffer through them? For every aspect he complained about, someone loved the game for that very reason. Why expect Kojima to tailor the game to his whims at the expense of others?

Kojima and Metal Gear are flawed. I agree with that. I enjoy them nonetheless for the spirit they embody and the uniqueness in what they bring.

I'm all for discussions about a game, positive and negative, but my initial post was about the sense of entitlement. Because you paid a few hundred dollars for his life's work, you expect to be able to dictate what you want in return.

I haven't played the latter installments of Final Fantasy XIII. I do hope to in the future, but I just didn't like the direction the games were going in. I played every installment prior. It's that simple.

Where does Jack say he expects the game to be tailored to his whims? Or that he expects to dictate what he wants based on paying for previous instalments?

Mastadon

Banned
Hope he gets his shit together for the Man City match. It'd be fantastic if Moyes' biggest contribution this season was to help Liverpool win the title.

Wilbur

Banned
Hope he gets his shit together for the Man City match. It'd be fantastic if Moyes' biggest contribution this season was to help Liverpool win the title.

We're gonna get fucking thumped. If we beat them or drew and handed the onus back to Chelsea I'll be delighted, but I can't see it at all.

The Llama

REALLY need the Moyessiah to help us out. Really don't think it'll happen, though. But damn would that be glorious...

Barzul

Liverpool aren't winning the league. You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Just like I want Arsenal to win it, but the FA cup really is our realistic chance for a trophy. Think City pips it in the end, they have no more distractions like CL and FA Cup.

Splatt

It's not Moyes's fault Fergie left him with a squad of old farts who don't give a shit
and the disembodied spirit of Kagawa

Same thing happened to Inter after Mou left, and Rafa had to make do with an old squad of players who won everything the season(s) before. We all know how that ended.

Fry

Liverpool aren't winning the league. You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Just like I want Arsenal to win it, but the FA cup really is our realistic chance for a trophy. Think City pips it in the end, they have no more distractions like CL and FA Cup.

I know we won't. But it's fun to be challenging for it.

And it' also exciting that we can make a pretty big impact on the title winner, since we play Chelsea and City, at home.

Also, I just want 3rd, new players and Suarez.

Mastadon

Banned

Just being in the conversation is enough for me. I expected 5th this year, so anything else is an absolute bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom