• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Hasn't that already gone on James McCarthy and Mcgeady? Cant see Everton spending much unless somebody is sold.

We did sell Anachebie and Jelavic for exuberant amount of monies.
Sadly, I see Mirallas asking for a move if he happens to perform godly in WC

subtles

Best part of old threads is forgotten gifs.

tumblr_mm411yPWns1ruzhcvo8_250.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555134

The retirement thread is pretty good. One post said they should accept a few trophyless seasons under Moyes because he'd be in for the long haul. 1 is too many apparently.

I don't think there'd be that many calling for his head if United were actually playing well - regardless of results.

Fulham game, Stoke game, Olympiakos game, Liverpool game - all recent examples of United playing horribly. The team look scared, there doesn't seem to be any drive or ambition, passing the ball around negatively.

Honestly, if United were playing entertaining football and still looking like they gave a shit then I'd say give him more time too.

I still don't think he should be sacked right away, but it's getting harder to defend.

29 games in and United haven't even started their season. Inconsistency, woeful play and confusing squad selections (why the hell are there so many changes all the time?)

Pennywise

I only doubt Ramos.

And that we actually sign him.

I'm not so sure about it.
Usually Klopp and Zorc are looking for someone with perspective, and alot of those signings that seemed to be fix were false.
Eriksen is one of the countless examples.

Ramos would be only possible if there is another striker who is young and might need someone with experience like Ramos.

Still, I bet they come up with someone else, they had so much time to scout someone and Ramos doesn't seem to fit our current strategy of young players with a decent perspective.

The Llama

I remember being so excited with the Martinez->Everton Moyes->Moyeschester United thing since I figured it weakened both teams. I'm only slightly disappointed that half my prediction was wrong (though tbf it is early).

Wasn't Aubameyang signed as a future Lewandowski replacement? Or what position is he playing?

Don't think that was ever more than the media speculating because he had played that at St. Etienne.

The match against Freiburg made it very obvious. With Lewandowski and Ducksch both injured, Klopp rather played Schieber than Auba as striker. Sure, Reus and Kuba were both out as well but Hofmann could have gotten a chance on the right.

Yen

I saw the news of Ferguson's retirement on twitter and got to inform the class I was in. The schadenfreude was great. Did the same when Thatcher died. That didn't provoke the same level of distress, to say the least.

I'm not so sure about it.
Usually Klopp and Zorc are looking for someone with perspective, and alot of those signings that seemed to be fix were false.
Eriksen is one of the countless examples.

Ramos would be only possible if there is another striker who is young and might need someone with experience like Ramos.

Still, I bet they come up with someone else, they had so much time to scout someone and Ramos doesn't seem to fit our current strategy of young players with a decent perspective.

I don't see a point for Ramos at all. Let's say we sign someone young. It could be a huge talent like Lukaku, who needs to start most matches. That transfer fee + Ramos' is probably way too much, so not happening. Or it could be a cheaper talent that needs another year or two like Batshuayi, which would mean that Ramos is striker number one. But then, I don't get why we wouldn't just stick with Ducksch.

The best thing when Moyes is gone and we have a manager with actual pedigree Moyes with his damaged reputation will be heading towards any number of mid to low level clubs.

Pennywise

I don't see a point for Ramos at all. Let's say we sign someone young. It could be a huge talent like Lukaku, who needs to start most matches. That transfer fee + Ramos' is probably way too much, so not happening. Or it could be a cheaper talent that needs another year or two like Batshuayi, which would mean that Ramos is striker number one. But then, I don't get why we wouldn't just stick with Ducksch.

That's the reason I don't believe the rumor.
It would make sense if we knew about Lewas departure now, but they already had so much time to look for a good replacement.
Zorc is gonna suprise us once again.

arkon

Didnt McClaren flop horribly in Wolfburg?

Yeah. I mean how he was managing in a foreign league (Eredivisie) after flopping the national team job. Obviously he fucked it up with Wolfsburg after that though.

Plus Moyes is apparently a fan of the bundesliga iirc.

Yeah. I mean how he was managing in a foreign league (Eredivisie) after flopping the national team job. Obviously he fucked it up with Wolfsburg after that though.

Plus Moyes is apparently a fan of the bundesliga iirc.

I don't see any club going for him, though.

Oh wait, that's something Schlacke could do.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes, it's funnier that way.

ibsoLrKRqjGpqe.png

Adrian Durham making me laugh again

Spurs now have Sandro; a player who seems to show more care and precision with his hair than his passing. He gave the ball away for Arsenal’s goal on Sunday, got booked, substituted and actually contributed very little else to one of Spurs' biggest games of the season. Candidate for worst Premier League Brazilian ever? Possibly.

Congratulations to Arsene Wenger on reaching 1,000 games this weekend. But it’s an empty, meaningless milestone.

The first 500 games included all the trophies. So the 500 since have been relatively unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom