• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Who can the club realistically get?

They could get Klopp, perhaps, if he could be convinced that:

a) United are an attractive destination for him and his brand of football/management

and

b) that the Bundesliga is indeed as hopeless as it appears to everyone outside of Germany

But I still think it's a severe long shot and one that isn't likely to take off.

And I don't think the other candidates are at all qualified for a club of United's stature, something that they'll be careful to demand after the Moyes fiasco. They'll look for trophies won and experience in the right areas, rather than some very general, fatalistic search for a Scotsman.

Van Gaal, Capello, Lippi.

My favourite: Di Matteo.

Bumhead

Banned
Just got back from our 3-0 destruction of QPR.

Been a while since I've seen us dominate a team like that. Absolutely toyed around with them and could have been 4 or 5.

Particularly nice to beat such a hopelessly poxy club of overpaid primma donna's managed by Harry Flobberchops so comprehensively. Bunch of supposed Premier League players there (on Premier League money) and not one of them would get in our side on tonight's showing.

Wouldn't have Ravel Morrison if he played for free.

Moyes is done.

The problem is, Giggs is next.

article-1306406145631-0C1C29F900000578-485502_636x350.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Just got back from our 3-0 destruction of QPR.

Been a while since I've seen us dominate a team like that. Absolutely toyed around with them and could have been 4 or 5.

Particularly nice to beat such a hopelessly poxy club of overpaid primma donna's managed by Harry Flobberchops so comprehensively. Bunch of supposed Premier League players there (on Premier League money) and not one of them would get in our side on tonight's showing.

Wouldn't have Ravel Morrison if he played for free.

Great stuff man, delighted for you.

God I hope they don't come back up.

Clegg

Capello plays boring football like Moyes. The difference is that he's a proper cunt and won't take shit from players. Probably too old to be bothered with a full time management job though.

Clegg

If Moyes were to be sacked by the end of this or next week than having Giggs as an interim wouldn't be terrible. So long as it was under the proviso that we'd be looking for a proper manager in the summer.

We have to ditch Moyes now, and once the fans get on his back, he will be cut loose.

But what happens after that, nobody knows. The club has been so reliant on Ferguson and Charlton calling the shots and they got this totally wrong.

wedward

If Moyes were to be sacked by the end of this or next week than having Giggs as an interim wouldn't be terrible. So long as it was under the proviso that we'd be looking for a proper manager in the summer.

I think the squad would play for Giggs, which at this point is the biggest problem for Moyes going forward.

Wilbur

Banned

Should be looking for a proper manager now

Was just saying to Viva, I'm disappointed. As you've all seen with my fucking shit post history, I was in favour of Moyes a lot more than some of the United fans. Really was hoping he'd be up to it, up until the Olympiakos game. But that and the Liverpool game in so short a time... he just isn't up to it. Disappointing, I was rooting for him.

It's getting violent...

http://d2v0gs5b86mjil.cloudfront.net/xc/479335179.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0C55C9EF87BD9652A4741A58D24D3CDD533B9750430B9A2D0&Expires=1395190800&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJZZHJ4LGWQENK3OQ&Signature=DUpIg7WXv3dw4TlqBTy27r40LrqkcFPE5B3mwJPaIcq5VnAUgtN0nIlAijezbWQ~kD70kOxvaqAjaAMkmoRMRaagcTpw8NbcGOEGQHBry4~PNimTyYdBHtM2HkcFNc04EgY64iXgx-1g3kEDac4tWKZ4RjDqT5khzN2dH9erOLqYvzC30C-c5rKGyhY7aQijF1aujWqBQp2mEYOKHBdCXpgLLNzog4hoKPwqanADmJIlqnAA05JRcswefNrFsIQPopoiDgnqocUdxxYmoVJaD8FfAyNCdcFDH3Y6F8iTCunmSoI7DycXuz1ywFItFFk9X2BptxY43cuyGq6Emt--~Q__[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Genuinely felt sorry for him having to do that today.

PR machine is slipping into gear. Moyes is probably naive enough to think its going to propel him.

It's gonna run him flat fucking over

Why are we discussing possible Moyes replacements? He has a six year contract and I for one am firmly backing him to see it out. United are too big, to great a club, to sack him. They give managers a chance. They don't know what it is to be aboard the managerial merry go round. Let us not sully the good name of Manchester by going down this road.

Slizz

Regardless of Moyes being sacked or not, next summer is going to be a crazy one for United. Lots of moving pieces to be sorted.

Wilbur

Banned
Congrats to Chelsea and Madrid by the way. Had my eye on both games. Think Madrid will win it overall, Carlo got dat nous.

PR machine is slipping into gear. Moyes is probably naive enough to think its going to propel him.

loooooool every single picture had a smiling cunt in it, was so fucking orchestrated

How is it sad?

We are well aware of the state the sport is in in the US.
The sad part isn't that the poor quality of the sport in the country. It's the fervor and desperation of the fans for these foreign developed talents.

Says the dude whose country got 2 golds from an American snowboarder and whose athletes almost all train in the US. We developed Rossi and Subotic but didn't get to keep them. Still crossing my fingers on Zelalem and Fagundez.

Julian Green's dad has really been pushing for his son to play for the US. Be happy for a proud papa.

5 Russians representing other countries won golds at those Olympics. Nice try.

Almost all of our athletes train in the US? Hilariously wrong. What sport? Football? No.Basketball? No. Volleyball? No. Hockey? I suppose the NHLers, but they were all still developed in Russia. Track and Field? No. Wrestling? No. etc.

Arnie

I have no idea who's said it tbh.

Viva mentioned it on twitter.
Just read the Guardian article.

I'd be horrified as a United fan reading that. Not only are the coaching staff woefully out of their depth but the players are disrespectful enough to dig a bigger hole by acting like petulant cunts.

Also interesting how the article mentions that players are perturbed by Giggs' change in behaviour and attitude since becoming a coach. Seems to suggest that just sacking Moyes and promoting him won't work for the whole 'morale boost' thing.

And that's all Giggs has. He's got less experience and managerial acumen than Tim fucking Sherwood.
van gaal is available after the summer.
Stop gap.
Van Gaal, Capello, Lippi.

My favourite: Di Matteo.
None of them are viable solutions for a club like Manchester United.
Moyes is done.

The problem is, Giggs is next.

article-1306406145631-0C1C29F900000578-485502_636x350.jpg
Exactly.

Fucking hell if Giggs takes over I'll laugh. Honestly it's better to just let Moyes slug it out than promote that gimp.

wedward

The sad part isn't that the poor quality of the sport in the country. It's the fervor and desperation of the fans for these foreign developed talents.

Almost all of our athletes train in the US? Hilariously wrong. What sport? Football? No.Basketball? No. Volleyball? No. Hockey? I suppose the NHLers, but they were all still developed in Russia. Track and Field? No. Wrestling? No. etc.

Don't get what is sad about that. We don't have great talent. A talented player can possibly play for the US. We get excited.

K1LLER7

If/when he's gone from United, hope he finds a managerial role suited to his level.

He's just not capable at the top level.

Hopefully the next manager has the bottle to make changes and gets the team playing his way. Will have a lot of pressure on them too.

Slizz

So we are supposed to not be excited one of Bayerns top young talents is deciding to pick the US his dads nationality to play his international football for?

The German-American contingent has been growing exponentially and its been benefiting everyone for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom