• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

So you guys want your national team to succeed as a result of other countries developing your players and not because of American developed talents? Fair play to you. Might as well just take the next step and naturalize a bunch of Brazilians to take you guys to the next level.

Keep America pure eh?

Salvadora

The good managers aren't pussies.

What would deter them is if they don't think they'll have the requisite amount of money to do the job.

It seems that at least one manager would. Beyond that, not so sure.
It's possible the Mourinho's of the world might look at the club and think of the lack of short-term success and baulk at it. No Champions League Football is a negative too.

Although, you could paper over that by spending tons of money.

justjohn

Fingers crossed for olympiakos in the next round. This is probably one of the toughest last 8 I can remember. Apart from olympiakos of course.

IceCold

i4zkWQ8Zbd04O.gif

Only athletes that are grown in country are respectable? A lot of Argentinians still like Messi.

He was born in the U.S. and moved with his family and trained in Germany with the club he signed for at a young age...
Julian Green moved to Germany when he was 2. He is without a doubt a product of German football. Personally, I want the Russian national team to be representative of Russian football. In the hypothetical scenario that Ronaldo impregnates his girlfriend and the kid becomes a world class player player in 20 years living abroad the whole time, I certainly wouldn't be foaming at the mouth at having the kid potentially represent Russia.

I have no problem with Julian Green himself. If he truly self identifies as American the more power to him. Although I'm still skeptical that he'd pick the US if it was equally difficult to break into the US national team as it is for Germany.

It's the sentiment from the fans who who consistently seem to foam at the mouth at the potential foreign developed players with loose footballing links to the US representing them.

Who the fuck cares about international football anyway, people can play wherever they want and I wouldn't give two shits. National pride is such nonsense, if Julian Green thinks he can get into the WC by playing for the USA then god bless him.

TrueBlue

I'm so conflicted.

I love the CL, and even against the best teams in the world, you always feel that just maybe you can pull off something spectacular.

At the same time, I don't want us to be stretched too thin for the league run-in. I care more about the league in truth, and I don't think we have the squad to win both.

Scum

Is everyone THAT excited for VR or is it simply because Sony is making one and because it's GamingGAF?

When are pulga and Yurt back?

I'm so conflicted.

I love the CL, and even against the best teams in the world, you always feel that just maybe you can pull off something spectacular.

At the same time, I don't want us to be stretched too thin for the league run-in. I care more about the league in truth, and I don't think we have the squad to win both.

Tonight's game felt like a friendly for some reason. Buildup, atmosphere, performances, reactions. Nobody cares. The Villa game had a greater sense of importance than tonight's :s

L1NETT

Who the fuck cares about international football anyway, people can play wherever they want and I wouldn't give two shits. National pride is such nonsense, if Julian Green thinks he can get into the WC by playing for the USA then god bless him.

Bingo

Free movement of peoples, national borders blah blah de blah mean hot dang nowt

SPOILERS DUDE HOLY MACARONI CHEESE

Is everyone THAT excited for VR or is it simply because Sony is making one and because it's GamingGAF?

I'm not really excited for Sony VR, unless it also works for PC. Oculus rift though? Give it to me, now. Yeah it might never be a huge hit, but I could see a lot of games supporting it and that would be enough to justify it. I already want to just do some euro truck simulator in it.

Elchele

what's the deal with canada and bagged milk?

that exist pretty much everywhere I have been to. I prefer the carton, tho. Bagged Coca-Cola is the best, tho

refresco-bolsa20130807.jpg

You know what? I hope all this works out for Green.

:lol nice edit.
Klinsmann continues to fuck us over. Hope he made the right decision and not a childish decision just with the hope of getting a call up for WC. The traveling for CONCACAF qualifiers is going to hurt his club career most likely

Moyes is done.

The problem is, Giggs is next.

[IfMG]http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/26/article-1306406145631-0C1C29F900000578-485502_636x350.jpg[/IMG]

what's wrong with Giggs?
aside from being a cunt

TrueBlue

Tonight's game felt like a friendly for some reason. Buildup, atmosphere, performances, reactions. Nobody cares. The Villa game had a greater sense of importance than tonight's :s

True. Exactly the kind of win we needed really. Comfortable, and we didn't have to try too hard.

Best to go into the Arsenal game with a bit of confidence and freshness.

Bricking it hard for that game.

King_Moc

Banned

I am! More interested in the Oculus Rift though as I don't think Ps4 has the specs to pull it off and maintain a full on next gen graphics upgrade.

I think Sony's offering will be trunks purely because I don't think consoles have the hardware to pull it off. Oculus will deliver a better product but I imagine all this stuff is still a ways away.

Scum

I'm not really excited for Sony VR, unless it also works for PC. Oculus rift though? Give it to me, now. Yeah it might never be a huge hit, but I could see a lot of games supporting it and that would be enough to justify it. I already want to just do some euro truck simulator in it.
And that's just it. If it was anyone else, it'd be "Trollololol. Doomed!!! Dead on arrival!". These consoles just can't handle it.

Oculus Rift, pls. Shame Sony VR like bukkake.

danwarb

José Mourinho;104916137 said:
I think Sony's offering will be trunks purely because I don't think consoles have the hardware to pull it off. Oculus will deliver a better product but I imagine all this stuff is still a ways away.
Latency is important for VR, if you don't want to throw up. I can't see it working so well with a console. If you buy Oculus, you've probably got PC enough to run a proper 3D mode for most games.

LTWheels

@tancredipalmeri: New problems for Barcelona? Spanish authority decided to enquiry over Villa transfer from Valencia to Barcelona, according to tomorrow AS

bud

rijkaard's done with his managerial career. says he doesn't feel like doing it anymore.

only ever performed with barcelona.

TrueBlue

Vladimir Putin likes this

In all seriousness, Europe and the UK might wish to start considering sanctions against everyone's least favourite Russians.

They know how to get a result. That it's not pretty, they have no history or genuine support is becoming as boring as it's irrelevant.

You can't even beat them with the illegitimate funding from dodgy sources anymore. City win on that front.

Bottom line is they are our only competitive force in Europe. Fair play to the chavs for that.

Gotta love comments on the Guardian.

jesalr

Having not really watched a ton of European football until recently, could anyone explain Van Gaal's managerial style? I've heard some extremely vagueness about it, but not really heard a ton about exactly how he likes to play football.

Fingers crossed for olympiakos in the next round. This is probably one of the toughest last 8 I can remember. Apart from olympiakos of course.

The only team I "fear" is Real.

Bayern couldn't beat us in 120 minutes earlier this season, Lolcelona, PSG money bags aint got shit on Romans, Diego Costa wouldn't dare dump out of the CL when we're going to buy him in the summer, Dortmund got a lot of injuries and United? Olympiacos? Fuck it, give us both teams at once on the pitch and they still wouldn't be able to beat us.

In all seriousness though, only team I would like to avoid is Real, the rest I wouldn't be that bothered about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom