• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Same here. He was great, and even crucial, at the start of the season but he's got no identity in the current system.

He doesn't fit in Ancelotti's 4-3-3 at all.

Honestly attacking midfielders will become a lot less valuable in the future. It's why players like Modric have become so desirable. If you can have 3 midfielders that can defend, pass and create, why add a guy who can only go forward? It's the main reason I'm so impressed with Di Maria this season, he improved his defensive and passing game A LOT.

Isco needs to either become a full false 9 or learn how to defend. If he doesn't do that he won't fit in Madrid at all. It's a shame, the guy has amazing ball handling skills, just needs the right guidance or the right system to work in.

Dark Rider

You guys have a really strong team at the moment and can definitely go all the way. My only beef with Madrid is that they took Xabi. :(

He was always destined to play at Real Madrid.
He was supposed to transfer to Real Madrid when he left Real Sociedad however Real Sociedad acted anal about it and refused to sell him to Real Madrid no matter what and they sold him to Liverpool for less money.

Xabi wanted to play at Real Madird since his Real Sociedad days, ending up in Liverpool was not planned for him.

subtles

Where is your enthusiasm lads? We need to protect the PL Quota.

3-0 win. Nervy, but a win nonetheless. A victory against City and the Moyes revolution begins.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Did you enjoy the match?

I took some videos and photos that I'll upload now.

It was awesome thanks. GS fans were boisterous before the game, but because of the early goal they were more quiet overall than expected. There was a core of them that sang throughout, but it was only on a handful of occasions that their whole section sang. But then we did bloody hell!

There was a wonderful 10 minutes midway through the 2nd half where the GS fans came alive with an incredible bounce. Then we replied to them and I couldn't believe it, the whole Chelsea ground (at least East, Shed and MHL) joined in with our chants.Then GS replied with an even more aggressive bounce loool. Then I couldn't believe my eyes, the whole Shed End Chelsea section did our version of the bounce. And to top it all off MHL told Shed to sing a song, and then Shed told MHL to sing a song.

I went into this game to enjoy the atmosphere of the GS fans but I came out with greater respect for my fellow Chelsea fans. I've often been depressed at the state of the Bridge's atmosphere, but this game showed me that when we want to, we can produce an incredible noise.

In terms of the actual football match, it was boring. I expected GS to put up a fight, and they are fully capable but just didn't turn up. I think they let the whole allure of Chelsea and PL got to their heads. Also the damn early goal, if they just locked up the shop for 10-20 mins then who knows, they might've put on so much pressure. Also Drogba's chance late on could've gave them the platform to apply pressure for the last minutes.

From a Chelsea perspective we should've scored way more. GS gave so much space, we would retrieve the ball and just run at them like it was nothing. MOTM for me was Azpi, he made himself seem like an absolute brick wall.

Turkish football still has a long way to go, but considering the population size and the fact it's evolving into a first world country, I expect to see them competing harder in the next 10 years and believe that I'll see a Turkish CL winner in my lifetime.

Next round I'll happily have the winner of the Olympiakos VS ManU game loool.

confuziz

Banned
Students these days, smh.

Student A did not make test B last week because he wasn't there.

Today he says: I was there, you just lost my paper:lol

Jack cw

jZDHaa3.gif

subtles

I was fortunate enough to try one of the newly released Virtual headsets. I was playing Skyrim at the time and it was brilliant for a while. I honestly can't see myself using one for an extended period of time sadly.

Feorax

Am I wrong to think that the headset looks like shit and that VR is likely just the next gimmick hardcores are craving about? I'm also not sure how comfortable they are for those with glasses.

Probably not wrong at all, no. I'm willing to give it a shot though, the industry won't advance unless people are willing to risk fucking it up by trying something that might first come across as gimmicky.

Jack cw

Am I wrong to think that the headset looks like shit and that VR is likely just the next gimmick hardcores are craving about? I'm also not sure how comfortable they are for those with glasses.

You can think what you want but VR is the next step in gaming and is basically the gamechanger. This is not like half assed waggle controls. I dont if you ever tried out Oculus but that shit is going to be simply amazing and a new kind of experience.

Zabojnik

Yes, you are wrong. Although I kinda wish VR would stay in the hardcore domain and that enough people bought it, so we wouldn't have to deal with ignorant cunts like you.

Jack cw

Motion controls were amazing for swordplay and aiming. They would've been amazing for a shit ton of things, but none were ever tried.

True but that was because neither Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft tried to go beyond waggle. The potential is huge but I dont think the masses would take it. VR is something that isnt mandatory and only aims at enthusiasts, but once the reception is great and more people experience it, it will become something big. The factor for something failing or succeeding is immersion, and that is like a quantum leap with VR. Tech sound good with Morpheus and if they dont fuck up the price, they have a gold mine in their hands.

Jack cw

I'm honestly not sure if people will be willing to buy a helmet (or those glasses) just for VR, just as I'm not sure how many companies will be willing to develop for it/put effort into it, just as I'm not sure if people will be willing to wear it for a longer time.

These are things that we have to wait and see. The time has come for VR, there is a market and the tech is ready. It will stay a niche product for a long time, but that isnt a problem, because word of mouth and the media will sell it and anyone interested will try it out in stores or on demo stations and will mostly be convinced. And most gamers doesnt play for 12 hours straight, so that isnt such a big deal. I understand you are sceptic, but dont be the typical German who is afraid of any change. ;)

Zabojnik

What a compelling argument. Almost as compelling as Juve's performance against Galatasaray.

German humour.

All joking aside, you're not wrong. As amazing an experience as VR can be when done right, I don't see it taking off in a massive way just yet. It's undoubtedly the future not just in gaming, but I think we're still years, maybe a decade away from it becoming a practical and everyday thing. Thing is, I don't think it needs to go mainstream to be successful and prosper and I hope OR proves just that.

One thing it's got going for itself is that developers are super excited about it, unlike with 3D, because they've tried it and know how awesome it is.

subtles

The immersion, as awesome as it was, is only beneficial when alone. There were like six of us in the room but you felt like you were completely alone. :/

Everything seems to be going 'social' now so that was a bit of a bummer.

Jack cw

The immersion, as awesome as it was, is only beneficial when alone. There were like six of us in the room but you felt like you were completely alone. :/

Everything seems to be going 'social' now so that was a bit of a bummer.

Subtles pls. How could six guys look through one Oculus? Local multiplayer has become something thats on the edge of extinction.

subtles

Subtles pls. How could six guys look through one Oculus? Local multiplayer has become something thats on the edge of extinction.
Haha.

There were multiple headsets but we were all in our own space even though we were sitting right next to each other if you know what I mean.

It just felt a bit strange.

ShogunX

What he really needs, though, is the players' backing and the latest leaks out of the dressing room are not exactly glowing for Moyes and his staff, in particular the coach who now goes by a deeply unflattering nickname. Footballers can be brutal sometimes and, behind his back, that coach is apparently being referred to as "fuck off (name)" – on the basis that is so often the first response when they hear his instructions.

I bet it's Neville.

Jack cw

Haha.

There were multiple headsets but we were all in our own space even though we were sitting right next to each other if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean. Was just joking ;)
This is of course something that comes with wearing a headset, isolation is one of the negatives of course, but its a personal experience until we finally have a holodeck that many people could participate at the same time.

bt:
1395193046892.jpg

Well, with Sony having more hardware experience and a way higher R6D budget, it was pretty clear that Morpheus would surpass OR.

Fady K

This is of course something that comes with wearing a headset, isolation is one of the negatives of course, but its a personal experience until we finally have a holodeck that many people could participate at the same time.

bt:
1395193046892.jpg

Well, with Sony having more hardware experience and a way higher R6D budget, it was pretty clear that Morpheus would surpass OR.

Holy shit. I was expecting an inferior experience to OR. OR just seemed to be the premier VR experience from the looks of it.

Fady K

Glad to see you're well Fady. XD

You guys made it through.

Congrats.

Thanks subtles! Now the next round will be as difficult as hell, with the likes of PSG, Atletico, and the might Madrid and Bayern waiting *shivers*.

Congrats to you too, your team is kicking everyone's ass these days in the premier league. I am truly nervous about the anfield trip!

subtles

Thanks subtles! Now the next round will be as difficult as hell, with the likes of PSG, Atletico, and the might Madrid and Bayern waiting *shivers*.

Congrats to you too, your team is kicking everyone's ass these days in the premier league. I am truly nervous about the anfield trip!
I wish you good health, but a little bit of sadness when Chelsea visit! Your team would be pretty strong with a clinical striker but Mou has you winning regardless. I'm sure you'll go far in the CL. I do miss the Chelsea/Liverpool CL nights.

Fady K

I wish you good health, but a little bit of sadness when Chelsea visit! Your team would be pretty strong with a clinical striker but Mou has you winning regardless. I'm sure you'll go far in the CL. I do miss the Chelsea/Liverpool CL nights.

Our strikers can do damage at times but the number of chances they miss and mistakes they commit can be scary.

Liverpool and CFC had a lot of epic clashes in the CL! Awesome that Liverpool will be back in the CL next season, long overdue IMO!

Zabojnik

I'm not even sure if it's the future. I have little knowledge of this, so please excuse the question, but how significant would the effect be e.g. for Civilization? How great would this be for a title like Pillars of Eternity? What about a 2D platformer? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it could be great for many titles, but I'm not sure I see the significance for many other titles.

Well, VR it's obviously suited for first-person games, since that's how you see the world. You can get it to work (to a point) with many current and future FP games and it will obviously excel in titles where sitting in a chair and looking around is basically all you do. Flight/space-sims being the most obvious example. But generally you would want games that are designed for VR from the ground up. The demos people are coming up for OR's developer kit are a great example of the potential of this thing.

As for 2D games, 3rd-person games and the like ... well, at the very least it'll be like you're looking at a giant screen that spreads across your field of view. Total immersion, maaan. And it's not like traditional games have to disappear anyway. There's room for both experiences.

Does he mean OR's developer kit? 'Cause surpassing that is no great feat, tbh. :p

bt:
1395193046892.jpg

Whenever I read stuff like that, I can't help but think of moneyhats.

bt:
1395193046892.jpg

He means the old Oculus Rift. The one that ran at 800p.

This shit doesn't touch Crystal Cove.

Whenever I read stuff like that, I can't help but think of moneyhats.

It's silly, but nothing that a corporate deepthroater like Geoff wouldn't love. First of all, superior to what Oculus Rift? The one prototype developer one released a year ago? I wouldn't expect the playstation VR to be anything but better than that... It was not a consumer edition. The developer version was 1280×800 and the consumer edition will be 1920x1080 (and won't be limited by outdated hardware).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom