• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crespo, eh? So is he really going to be in Seedork's staff next season? And what about Tasso?

God why we suck, can Silvio just die already.
Tassotti might leave apparently. It's probably the best move for him, although I'd like to see him stay and be given much more power and authority within the team. Both Seedorf and Tasso saw what it meant when we had a succesful team, they should reinforce that line of thinking even more.

Kenka

Thats cute. But Leverkusen does not sound as frightening as the top 5 clubs and its not only about the result, its how United would perform. Being dominated completely for 180 minutes when the whole world is watching is embarrassing and taking away a huge chunk of the reputation the club (still) has.
It's just this season.Manchester are virtually the richest football club in the world by a landslide. They will be back with more ambitions.

They have a debt problem that could undermine this rosy picture, though.

Jack cw

It's just this season.Manchester are virtually the richest football club in the world by a landslide. They will be back with more ambitions.

They have a debt problem that could undermine this rosy picture, though.

Really? So the last 2 CL seasons out in the round of the last 16 doesnt count?

Slizz

j7tnOvq.png

The rumors about Drogba returning as some function to Chelsea this summer starting to sound legit, now with Mou and Lampard also commenting on it. Wonder if the club would be willing to sign him as an coach and register him for playing use in case of emergency.

cremino

The things coming out on Seedorf. He called Crespo and asked him to spy on Parma's training last week. Parma moved the training schedule around so that Crespo couldn't know when to move.

Oh and he kept De Sciglio on the bench vs Atletico because he wanted to have him vs Parma. Too bad he was banned for one match.

That's Carlo's offer for his shirt, I think. Anyway, that'd be a nice stabbing in the back from him, hope he doesn't make another move.

Galliani's attack has already begun, I see...Bye bye Seedorf

Which Man Utd players have played to an acceptable level this season (performances as well as goals?)

De Gea
Rafael
Evans
Jones?
Welbeck
Januzaj

Is that about it?

WJD

Which Man Utd players have played to an acceptable level this season (performances as well as goals?)

De Gea
Rafael
Evans
Jones?
Welbeck
Januzaj

Is that about it?

Er... It is actually. Even Rafael has been spottier than usual.

The only players I'd say have actually performed "well" are probably De Gea and Januzaj.

A goalkeeper and an 18 year old.

fucking hell

subtles

We need to know more about Giggs' impact as a coach before we can comment on his season.

His biggest contribution to UnitedGaf might be getting Moyes sacked.

WJD

Evra and Giggs have performed 'as expected', haven't they?

My issue with Evra is that his bad days are absolutely abhorrent. There's been times where he's actually been okay and one of our only driving forces going forward but... Christ when he's bad he's really bad.

rooney obviously

Pls

He's a strange one, as he's been pretty good imo compared to the average PL player, but he's capable of so much more, and can spend entire games at a time doing absolutely fuck all to contribute, and actually being counterproductive.

And he's judged by his massive contract, which he isn't justifying by a long shot.

VR will only take off if demo units are very, very common. They're an unknown quantity.

Guardiola said that match, which had hinged on a Ramires goal on 45 minutes and a Lionel Messi penalty miss after the break, had convinced him he could no longer continue at the club with which he had made his name.

“That was a moment of great sadness — as if suddenly someone had switched the floodlights off,” he told the Audi Annual Report in one of his rare interviews. “We were better than our opponents but in the second leg conceded an unnecessary goal and the next thing we knew we were out of the competition.

“That was a very hard defeat for me. I had the feeling that I was no longer able to reach my team, and if you can no longer reach your players then it is time to move on.”

iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

Jack cw

Guardiola saying the defeat to Chelsea convinced him to leave Barca as he could no longer motivate the team after that.
iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

He also said that his wife is more complicated than Robben. And Robben doesnt understand why he has to be on the bench when Pep explains his rotiation system to him.

Love it :D

Scum

Sony's VR should have been for PC Enthusiasts first. The hardware is there to support it. It will take off but I still think it's nothing but an excuse to sell Moves and PS Cameras.
Motion controls is where it's at. Twenty fucking years of pushing buttons. Time to fucking change that.

Sony's VR should have been for PC Enthusiasts first. The hardware is there to support it. It will take off but I still think it's nothing but an excuse to sell Moves and PS Cameras.

Motion controls is where it's at. Twenty fucking years of pushing buttons. Time to fucking change that.

Fuck motion controls

Different ≠ better

There's a reason we've been pressing buttons for twenty years.

You favor Atlético de Madrid? If they win the league I wouldn't hate on it. It can also help la liga to be more competitive long term, which is good for me as an spectator. However, I want Madrid to expose Barcelona in el clásico.

My Spanish loyalties are all over the place

Favourite team: Valencia
Shirt I own: Atletico
Least favourite team: Real Madrid

I quite like Atletico as an institution, but they are massive cunts on the pitch, probably worse than Real at the moment. And they're far preferable to me than Real, in terms of winning the league. I also don't like Barca at all, but have wanted them to win in the past as it's normally just between them and Real.

I also have no sympathy for Malaga, revelling in their oil-baron takeover and rise to semi-prominence, only to see it go tits-up

Scum

For the love of all that is Holy, Shinji, just leave. Go to a club where your efforts will be appreciated.

Ah, the same logic Platini uses when coming up with ideas for change for change's sake :p

lol

But seriously though, I'd love to see the WiiMote/Nunchuck idea improved upon and flesh out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom