• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

"Reflecting on how close he came to joining Stoke in the winter, Cattermole thanked Poyet and chairman Ellis Short for deciding to keep him.

"Obviously there was an interest there at the time," said Cattermole. "It had been talked about for several weeks, though I'd heard nothing.

"And then on the last day of the window news came of Stoke's interest.

"It all felt a bit rushed to me and I had a good chat to the manager - he told me he didn't want me to go and I told him I didn't want to go.

"So then it was only going to be a case of whether those higher up wanted it to happen - it was out of our hands if the chairman decided he wanted the move to happen.

"But the chairman told me later on that he'd said to the manager: "If you don't want Lee to go, then he won't go."

"So that was good to hear, that the manager had the backing of the chairman to keep me at Sunderland.

"Now I just want to concentrate on a massive seven, seven-and-a-half weeks for the club; concentrate on keeping us up so we can start afresh next season and do it right.""

Catterpirlo
iihWQLLqnH60r.png

subtles

Why is Kagawa even still there? Should have handed in a transfer request last summer, and another one this January.

Wasting his career.

He is bound by duty: Bushido. He found honor at Dortmund and was able to move on.

The shame he has endured at United binds him to the club.

Galliani's attack has already begun, I see...Bye bye Seedorf

I really hope they give Seedorf a chance for next season. I don't understand how having him on the bench for a few months with less than desirable results is grounds for sacking, especially with what he's been handed. Everyone needs to realize that whatever happens this season is a wash at this point and that they need to begin planning for next season now. The reports that his job is in jeopardy if they lose the next few games is ridiculous . IMO they've been playing better/more entertaining under him but the problem isn't with the coach. I think Maldini said it best yesterday.

My Spanish loyalties are all over the place

Favourite team: Valencia
Shirt I own: Atletico
Least favourite team: Real Madrid

I quite like Atletico as an institution, but they are massive cunts on the pitch, probably worse than Real at the moment. And they're far preferable to me than Real, in terms of winning the league. I also don't like Barca at all, but have wanted them to win in the past as it's normally just between them and Real.

I also have no sympathy for Malaga, revelling in their oil-baron takeover and rise to semi-prominence, only to see it go tits-up

Atlético are very aggressive and total cunts on the pitch, but they have the charm of the little guy that could. Its really hard to despise an underdog as you said. I've never liked Barcelona and can't root for them, though I acknowledge when they have good performances. Completely agree on Malaga. Don't get their arrogance when all they do is flounder in mediocrity.

Clegg

I kind of want Valencia to do well because I've been to the city a few times and it's lovely. I used to feel the same about Barca but then the football club ruined it. Espanyol all the way now.

L1NETT

Call me nostradamus mcpredictabot, but gotta a sneaky feeling Infamous reviews might be along Killzone lines i.e similar to the others but nowt to shout the house down about.

We'll see though

---

Off to Shrewsbury Saturday. Nice going to new grounds, albeit don't think this one will be that nice.

Scum

Call me nostradamus mcpredictabot, but gotta a sneaky feeling Infamous reviews might be along Killzone lines i.e similar to the others but nowt to shout the house down about.

We'll see though

---

Off to Shrewsbury Saturday. Nice going to new grounds, albeit don't think this one will be that nice.

I want meltdowns over numbers! Do not fail me gaming GAF.

Yen

I've been talking about a few recently. 'Way of Kings' and it's sequel 'Words of Radiance'. Also talked about 'Name if the Wind'. Do any of those ring a bell?

Maybe it was someone else, about post-revolution France. I'm just thinking about the buttload of reading I'll do over the summer.

Jarnet87

Despite short rest, 2 domestic fixtures in 6 days time, and shit form, RVP will still start tonight. Dat champions league RVP form.

We'll see though

---

It would probably be around 8.5, average.

I don't care though. Infamous 1 & 2 were so much fun, and when fans of those games say this is better, I'm inclined to believe them.

In unrelated news; I used to be 'meh' on Arthus Gies, but his last few reviews has been pretty shitty.

Jack cw

We'll see though

Given that Infamous 1 and 2 had pretty great critics, the chance is rather low that we end up an o 6 or 7 title.

Clegg

Maybe it was someone else, about post-revolution France. I'm just thinking about the buttload of reading I'll do over the summer.
Oh, that was about Cardinal Richlieu. Was basically the driving force behind the French monarchy regaining it's preeminence in society. But that was in pre-revolution times. Also a fascinating man as he was high up in the Catholic Church, but did all he could to cull the influence of Catholicism and help Protestants in France.

I wasn't reading just one book on him. Had a couple out from the library.

Yen

Oh, that was about Cardinal Richlieu. Was basically the driving force behind the French monarchy regaining it's preeminence in society. But that was in pre-revolution times. Also a fascinating man as he was high up in the Catholic Church, but did all he could to cull the influence of Catholicism and help Protestants in France.

I wasn't reading just one book on him. Had a couple out from the library.
Nerd!

faridmon

Oh, man. The kids I teach made me a birthday cake which actually moved me greatly. I even received a cute little spider man boxing gloves. Kind became proud of them!

yes, Its my birthday today

Scum

Oh, man. The kids I teach made me a birthday cake which actually moved me greatly. I even received a cute little spider man boxing gloves. Kind became proud of them!

Happy B'Day, farid-chan. Happybirthdaycunt.gif

Fergie

Banned

Happy birthday bro!

Barkley's comments, coming after the Everton under-18 coach Kevin Sheedy criticised the Scot's lack of interest in the youth team during his time at Goodison Park, only add to the growing focus on the United manager.

"Roberto Martínez has come in and given everyone confidence," the 20-year-old told Match of the Day magazine. "He's a positive man and doesn't say anything negative.

"He's similar to David Moyes as they both like to take over the training session and be the main man, but Martínez is more tactical. We do a lot more tactical work which is good for me because I'm young and still learning."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/19/roberto-martinez-david-moyes-everton-ross-barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom