• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Yeah. Each book has a main character, and we'll get flashback sequences for that character as with Kaladin in book 1. Two five-book arcs as well. I'm looking forward to Szeth's book which is going to be book 3 apparently (although Sanderson may change his mind like with book 2).
The thing I'm most interested in is the establishment of the
new knights radiant and how they'll be established.I think Sanderson is setting up his characters to each embody an order of the radiants.
And when you think about it we really don't know the motivations of the antagonist. It's been hinted at but it's all very vague. Then there's the questions about where the Heralds have gone and what role they'll play going forward. That's multiple books worth of stuff.

bud

aI17dGT.jpg

when will it be my time...
A1YXKcN.gif

Meier

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1743603_580015872080248_1239866345_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is amazing. That guy's comics are typically pretty funny.

[quote="Clegg, post: 102980693"]The row over the length of the new South Park game is getting very tedious. Page after page in the OT is now taken up with posters arguing what constitutes RPG length. Some posters even saying they won't buy the game because it's not long enough and therefore not an RPG.[/QUOTE]

How long is the game? It's been in development for a long ass time. As an RPG, I'd expect at least 40-50 hours of gameplay given the circumstances.

Clegg

This is amazing. That guy's comics are typically pretty funny.

How long is the game? It's been in development for a long ass time. As an RPG, I'd expect at least 40-50 hours of gameplay given the circumstances.

There hasn't been any solid number yet because reviews are still embargoed. But the rumours suggest 10-20 hours.

That's a decent length I think. It's written by Stone and Parker themselves so anything longer would be a real drain on their time.

Don't think that's reasonable tbh. Think how much material they'd have to write for a 40-50 hour game.

Slizz

"I refuse to buy a game that doesn't meet up to my standards for length in an RPG, regardless of other interests in it."

Do those people think other people, Trey and Matt, developers etc. care? Lol.

TeegsD

"I refuse to buy a game that doesn't meet up to my standards for length in an RPG, regardless of other interests in it."

Do those people think other people, Trey and Matt, developers etc. care? Lol.

If they're willing to overlook a game on just that merit alone then it's their problem. I can't wait to pick up SoT eventually but still need to get more playtime into what I already have.

Meier

Don't think that's reasonable tbh. Think how much material they'd have to write for a 40-50 hour game.

It's been in development for what, 4 years at least? A 10-20 hour game of any genre after that amount of time feels a little low, let alone an RPG. I think there's an expectation of length that comes with the genre.

I doubt I'll even play it personally, but I can see why someone would feel shortchanged at that length if they're a fan of the genre. If they're just a South Park fan in general, I'm sure they'll be happy with it.

subtles

So I'm guessing they've never played any of the short, sweet RPGs because they weren't 30 hours long?

This has the making of a LTTP written all of it.

It's been in development for what, 4 years at least? A 10-20 hour game of any genre after that amount of time feels a little low, let alone an RPG. I think there's an expectation of length that comes with the genre.

wat

Meier pls.

There's plenty of short but awesome rpg's. Anyone expecting the writing quality of a south park episode with all that unique dialogue and scenarios for 30 hours are insane. Either way I got plenty of long ass rpg's to play right now, I'm happy with anything over 10 hours. If they stretched what is a comedy game like this out over 30 hours it would be horrible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OddMorsel what the fuck man

I liked you better banned

True D
I wanted to punch the screen when he finished the rest of his line to the camera. Who the fuck does that? NO ONE IS AROUND TO HEAR YOU

and he looks like a loser :(

which I guess makes sense considering

GorillaJu

OddMorsel what the fuck man

I liked you better banned

True D
I wanted to punch the screen when he finished the rest of his line to the camera. Who the fuck does that? NO ONE IS AROUND TO HEAR YOU

and he looks like a loser :(

He looks like a loser to me, too. I think the whole point of that scene is that the antagonist you always thought was the mastermind behind this whole thing is actually just one thug in a group of sick degenerates who is probably only recognizable for being particularly brutal and because he doesn't wear a mask.

And he said his line because the two detectives cut him off like three times and then drove off.

Feorax

The @freesuarez1 account is amazing.

I think it's the petition that makes it so good. That and the "my dad said..." Tweet

GorillaJu

The @freesuarez1 account is amazing.

I think it's the petition that makes it so good. That and the "my dad said..." Tweet

Free Suarez ‏@FreeSuarez1 57 分

My dad is a lawyer and thinks because Liverpool has breached Suarez' contract he can legally switch to Arsenal for FREE. #FreeSuarez

Free Suarez ‏@FreeSuarez1 23 分

Notice how ever since Arsenal made a bid for Suarez he's been inactive on twitter and rarely seen out in public. Something smells fishy #LFC

Free Suarez ‏@FreeSuarez1 8 分

If we don't make top 4 this season LFC will have a lot to answer for. Suarez would have won us the league by now. Best lawyer-up @LFC

:lol oh my god.

Salvadora

Free Suarez ‏@FreeSuarez1 57 分

My dad is a lawyer and thinks because Liverpool has breached Suarez' contract he can legally switch to Arsenal for FREE. #FreeSuarez

Free Suarez ‏@FreeSuarez1 23 分

Notice how ever since Arsenal made a bid for Suarez he's been inactive on twitter and rarely seen out in public. Something smells fishy #LFC

Free Suarez ‏@FreeSuarez1 8 分

If we don't make top 4 this season LFC will have a lot to answer for. Suarez would have won us the league by now. Best lawyer-up @LFC

:lol oh my god.
Sounds like it's a parody account.

I doubt I'll even play it personally, but I can see why someone would feel shortchanged at that length if they're a fan of the genre. If they're just a South Park fan in general, I'm sure they'll be happy with it.

I don't see why how long they've been working on it is relevant. That doesn't affect the player.

Not sure the genre is really that important either. You reckon many people are buying South Park: The Stick of Truth because they like turn-based RPGs?

GorillaJu

I wish these racism complaints from players would come up while they're still playing. The FA and the people involved with the league really have no choice but to say "Sorry that happened to you, hopefully it's better now." There's no accountability when the incidents are so far removed. If racism is indeed institutional, which I'm not denying it is, then examples need to be made of the guilty parties when it can still hurt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom