• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of those games that would be great on shrooms.

Played it for 30 min one day when I had a head ache and nothing could cure it, i enjoyed it then, was a good distraction that didn't require too much attention.

Journey however is GOAT.

Suen

It's shit
You hate on JRPGs yet you play Pokemon. Fuck off.

Played it for 30 min one day when I had a head ache and nothing could cure it, i enjoyed it then, was a good distraction that didn't require too much attention.

Journey however is GOAT.
Journey is a really good game. Enjoyed it very much, don't get people who said they cried though, like you have to be very emotional then.

Elchele

it's an incredibly beautiful, serene experience.

see bud, I don't believe you. But you made me laugh a lot in the condom thread.

It's shit

thanks

You hate on JRPGs yet you play Pokemon. Fuck off.

JRPGs are shit. Old school pokemon games are great tho

Journey however is GOAT.
so no
thanks

Yen

I'm quite looking forward to Cosmos, I like NDT. I hope because it is an American production there isn't any Jesus-y or 'merica stuff, though I can't imagine NDT would be up for that.
When I was really young I wanted to read book after book on space an' shit, then I read about Heat Deaths, and Big Crunches and the spontaneity of them and was subsequently terrified by space.

pulga

Banned
I played Journey many times whilst high, and watched others play it whilst baked. One of the GOAT drug-complementing games.

Rez was also good shit.

Wilbur

Banned
2I45Tuh.gif

I can't breathe. Love Leo, his time will come.

Interested to see what McConaughey does from here; had about 9 or 10 really good performances in a row including TD with Interstellar to come; wonder if he'll stick with the really interesting character actor parts, rack up nominations and one or two great performances every year. Or when his hot streak will end.

Hixx

Guy needs to retire already

Did I ever post in here that he also got his face smashed in on a night out in Newcastle purely because he played for SAFC? Smashed eye socket, was out for months. Never played anyway, like.

Not had much luck!

Batigol

Banned
Did I ever post in here that he also got his face smashed in on a night out in Newcastle purely because he played for SAFC? Smashed eye socket, was out for months. Never played anyway, like.

Not had much luck!

Every time I try and write something genuine it sounds like a pun

Carbonox

2I45Tuh.gif

I can't breathe. Love Leo, his time will come.

Interested to see what McConaughey does from here; had about 9 or 10 really good performances in a row including TD with Interstellar to come; wonder if he'll stick with the really interesting character actor parts, rack up nominations and one or two great performances every year. Or when his hot streak will end.

I'd like to think he will stick to these character actor roles as these are what sell him as a tremendous actor (and what I personally enjoying seeing) but I think he's earned some rest from the serious shit, should he choose to go down that path and I doubt people would lay in to him for it. I don't think many would hate him if he chose to shit out another romcom somewhere or whatever.
pls do not mccccy

Still, Interstellar's where it's at now and I'm just as interested to see how he does as how the rest of the film will be.

This 'McConaissance' though, I wonder what other well-known actors out there could do with something like this. Obviously a shit ton but who would come to mind as really needing a revival of sorts that blow people's minds.

Wilbur

Banned
Delighted Brad Pitt has an Oscar as well, even if it wasn't for acting. I think he's underrated as an actor, he's a bigger celebrity than he is a respected actor but he's got some great performances.

Hixx

New episode of the Walking Dead is the legit worst episode of TV I have watched in about two decades. I mean, they would take away weekly awards for "Best at filling 40 minutes with FUCKING NOTHING" but this was a special case in nothingness.

It was like a televisual representation of Tommy Miller.

Mind I was in bits when Beth gave Daryl the finger. Was only half paying attention but still

middleffinger2tp9y.gif

can't remember what she said but my amazing lip reading skills have deduced it is "it's just a game".
wtzgU.gif

bud

pitt in 12 years is aldo raine all over again. i was so weirded out by that performance.

he's a great actor otherwise, though. i love him.

Wilbur

Banned
pitt in 12 years is aldo raine all over again. i was so weirded out by that performance.

he's a great actor otherwise, though. i love him.

I think he's great in Basterds but yeah pretty terrible in 12YAS haha!

But Se7en, 12 Monkeys, Killing Them Softly, True Romance, Snatch, Burn After Reading and Tree Of Life are all really good performances, and Fight Club and Jesse James are incredible.

I think he's great in Basterds but yeah pretty terrible in 12YAS haha!

But Se7en, 12 Monkeys, Killing Them Softly, True Romance, Snatch, Burn After Reading and Tree Of Life are all really good performances, and Fight Club and Jesse James are incredible.

whats in box
ixaByTZZCBL15.png
ixaByTZZCBL15.png
ixaByTZZCBL15.png

Morgan Freeman was better in it.

But the only role in that movie deserving an Oscar is Kevin Spacey for that dialouge in the car, makes me hard everytime.

ok, Doctor Cox from scrubs could get one too.

Yeah she's very pretty.

But her character is just... I don't get why she's there anymore.

Having watched the show up until mid of season 3... Can't that be said for all of them? Truly all horrible characters.

L1NETT

Vincent Tan offering players illegal bonuses is madness. Bloke needs to sod off back to Team America

--

And Arkham Knight? Fuckity fuck yes. gimme gimme gimme.

--

Agree on Morgan Freeman. Most one note performer since Michael Mcintrye.

Morgan Freeman's best performance is the Lego movie

I wonder if I can even find that fucking movie without danish dubs here. Want to see it. Listened to an interview with one of the Lego guys about how they were approached about the movie, was pretty interesting. Then he spoilt me... Cunt.

Wilbur

Banned
I wonder if I can even find that fucking movie without danish dubs here. Want to see it. Listened to an interview with one of the Lego guys about how they were approached about the movie, was pretty interesting. Then he spoilt me... Cunt.

You'll be able to download it soon enough, will probably be out on blu ray by May

But I understand that you wouldn't want to listen to that awful Viking language for two hours
Uus4Plt.png

But I understand that you wouldn't want to listen to that awful Viking language for two hours
Uus4Plt.png

Seeing as Lego is Danish I would like to think about it as the original voices

Actually I wouldn't, cause fucking hell most Danish voice actors are terrible. Not Germany voice dub terrible, but pretty bad.

Wilbur

Banned
Seeing as Lego is Danish I would like to think about it as the original voices

Actually I wouldn't, cause fucking hell most Danish voice actors are terrible. Not Germany voice dub terrible, but pretty bad.

I can't watch dubs at all, it's just horrifying. #subsoverdubs

latest True Detective ep was pretty underwhelming

I really liked it. Said more in the OT, but loved the changes Woody and MM made to their characters over 2012, and the fact it wasn't surprising or didn't have twists out of left field just means that everything they've set up they execute really well.

I really liked it. Said more in the OT, but loved the changes Woody and MM made to their characters over 2012, and the fact it wasn't surprising or didn't have twists out of left field just means that everything they've set up they execute really well.

I think people felt it was underwhelming because they expected and wanted action. I loved the episode.

jtb

Banned

it was just one long exposition dump. boring. also, I'm not a fan of this redemption angle for Marty.

Wilbur

Banned
Jtb, you didn't feel sad when
Marty was eating his TV dinner alone :'(

And yeah wooden, the Oscar stream I was watching last night was a German one and they showed trailers for nominated films in the breaks. Was funny hearing like, Joaquin Phoenix who had a sweet little voice in Her being dubbed over by a deep guttural hellish GERMAN

Also, re; Leo. Just me who thought he was better than waltz in django? Should have been nominated and won last year :(

jtb

Banned
Liverpool will finish above you, accept

never.

honestly, I just haven't really been able to get on board with either Marty or Rust. they're just insufferable characters to me; they're not people, they're caricatures. which wouldn't even be that much of a problem if the show actually followed its own premise of being a detective show, instead of going off and telling us about MEN being MEN and how hard it is to be a MAN.

edit: let me just put it this way; instead of being a great detective/cop/noir-ish show, it's settling for being an average cable drama

Elchele

never.

honestly, I just haven't really been able to get on board with either Marty or Rust. they're just insufferable characters to me; they're not people, they're caricatures. which wouldn't even be that much of a problem if the show actually followed its own premise of being a detective show, instead of going off and telling us about MEN being MEN and how hard it is to be a MAN.

edit: let me just put it this way; instead of being a great detective/cop/noir-ish show, it's settling for being an average cable drama

not even bla could respect your opinion

Carbonox

never.

spaghetti in my vagina

jtb

Banned
honestly: compare True Detective to a Seven or even a Prisoners, and I can't imagine ever picking a True Detective. (and that's not even touching a legitimate classic like Chinatown or Zodiac)

Wilbur

Banned
Jtb you are definitely out of the good taste club

Prisoners ending was dick. Fuck Melissa Leo I don't like her at all.

#teamjtb.

I do kind of enjoy True Detective, but it's nothing more than a pretty good show to me. I'm kind of happy there's going to be a huge ass break in the show now, just so this thread can stop collectively cumming about it. I don't like that, stop it. I'm going to try and give Hannibal a proper try now, which means falling asleep on the couch to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom