• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

!!!!!

New Batman is next-gen only! Batmobile!

FUCK YES!

Scarecrow is back!
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

GorillaJu

Manchester United's wage bill is about evens with Chelsea? Utd gonna have a nasty little hill to climb back into the CL when these overpaid players are sticking around and recruiting top class replacements will be harder without CL football.

Yen

I hope the next Batman game is different from the rest. Playing through Oranges and I have some serious franchise fatigue.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Puyol's body had retired three years ago anyway

No more Batman for me after the 2nd one. Enough is enough.

Feorax

So Valdes and Puyol leaving at the end of this season. That's a huge amount of experience and leadership taken out of an already sketchy Barca defence.

Has Montoya signed that deal yet?

Zabojnik

Puyol's body had retired three years ago anyway.

HGH will only carry you so far.
Am I doing this right? #barcahatersunite

I think I've only played like 2 hours of the first two Batman games combined. I was just not feeling it.

Elchele

Anyone has pre-ordered a game from the PS Store? Do you get to download it before (without being able to play it) the release day? if so, how many days before?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HGH will only carry you so far.
Am I doing this right? #barcahatersunite

I think I've only played like 2 hours of the first two Batman games combined. I was just not feeling it.

I forced myself through the second one.

If we face Italy in WC, then he HAS to play. We need more guys with his attitude.

Recent articles quote Löw saying that Lahm will be playing DM, which I guess isn't all too bad when the other choices are a half-dead Khedira, a fucked Gündogan, a shitty Lars Bender and an old Schweine. Großkreutz being a great RB is basically saving Löw's ass because not playing Lahm at RB wouldn't be justifiable otherwise.

Actually, when you look at it, we're basically saving Germany's fullback situation in the last few years. Schmelzer is decent, Großkreutz is great and Durm looks very promising. The only thing Bayern has produced recently is Diego Armando Contento.
That was for Jupp :lol

Yen

Recent articles quote Löw saying that Lahm will be playing DM, which I guess isn't all too bad when the other choices are a half-dead Khedira, a fucked Gündogan, a shitty Lars Bender and an old Schweine. Großkreutz being a great RB is basically saving Löw's ass because not playing Lahm at RB wouldn't be justifiable otherwise.

Actually, when you look at it, we're basically saving Germany's fullback situation in the last few years. Schmelzer is decent, Großkreutz is great and Durm looks very promising. The only thing Bayern has produced recently is Diego Armando Contento.

Shweine is one year younger than Lahm m8

hiroshawn

Banned
Ramsey about to sign a new deal worth 100k a week, plus hes is returning from injury. Time for the title push. We always have great form at the tail end of the season.

Yen

Not everyone ages great. Eto'o was still way good in his early forties, Schweine isn't.

Heh. Speaking of Schweinstieger for years I thought he was a fairly overrated right winger or utility player, then is suddenly discovered to be a great playmaker. Was LVG the one who moved him inside (I remember him still being RW at Euro08)?

Mastadon

Banned
Ramsey about to sign a new deal worth 100k a week, plus hes is returning from injury. Time for the title push. We always have great form at the tail end of the season.

You were great in the last 10 games last year, but your run-in was fucking well easy. IIRC, the only decent team you played were Man Utd.

Happy b-day!

Things I learned on GAF today: Big Trouble In Little China, one of the greatest movies ever made, is apparently racist.

I'm astounded that he didn't get the movie and he's now attempting to grab onto anything to stop his thread backfire from happening.

Heh. Speaking of Schweinstieger for years I thought he was a fairly overrated right winger or utility player, then is suddenly discovered to be a great playmaker. Was LVG the one who moved him inside (I remember him still being RW at Euro08)?

Yeah, Schweine was overrated as fuck before 2010 (and kinda is again now). But that's not surprising when there's no proper young talent in a huge football country like Germany. Look at England now, decent players are overhyped way too much. Just like in Germany back then, there was basically Schweine and Poldi, the rest was proper terrible.

And yes, was van Gaal that moved him to CM/DM. Although Schweine was very shite in the first half of that season.

Lewandowski is already back from the national team, injured lol

The doctors from Poland say he should rest on Saturday "to avoid future damage."

Future damage you say?

Lewy
Reus-Micky-Großkreutz

kloppe3kzr.gif

wedward

ramsey, rosicky, mertesacker all signed new deals... Ramsey's doubling his wages? well deserved. he just extended last year—though, apparently not for very long.

nothing on sagna extending I have to imagine he's off in the summer for sure.

also, really odd that Wenger hasn't signed a new deal yet. hope this isn't a distraction in the run-in.

I don't remember him extending last season. I think he was still on the deal he signed in 2012 with the other British players.

Gazidis has confirmed Wenger has extended his contract, just waiting to officially announce it.

Elchele

Schweinsteiger will also play as DM,

Lahm-Schweinsteiger with Kroos upfront

is Schmelzer really better than Contento, tho?

dc89

@City_Watch
Lancenet!: Fernandinho will start for Brazil against South Africa on Wednesday in place of Luis Gustavo. His World Cup dream is alive...

He deserves to play at the world cup. He is awesome.

Razor554

Carles Puyol has so far played 593 games for Barcelona and won 21 trophies with the team.
Hope he gets those remaining 7 matches so he have played 600.

His gestures to Abi were amazing. True captain.

tumblr_llxlmeLkTd1qjt5amo1_500.gif

772287372.gif

bjaelke

Ronaldo and Zinédine Zidane are hosting the Match Against Poverty show match tonight against Young Boys. Their team will also feature Lehmann, Pires, Makelele, Ruud Gullit, Luís Figo, Fabio Cannavaro, Patrick Vieira, Deco, Pavel Nedvěd, Roberto Carlos and Marta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom