• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

I should be really excited about the Manchester derby but with how awful Moyes Utd has been this season I just can't find the hype :/

Kassu

Banned
I'd say the FA Cup was a shoo-in for Arse. They'd have to actively try NOT to win it with the teams that are left..
Wigan could beat us if we play as poorly as we did against Tottenham and Chelsea. And Wigan played well against Man City after all.

Edit: Welcome back Yurt <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I would like to see Con Air but with football coaches playing the roles. I wonder what role Ancelotti, Pep, Mou, Moyes, Wenger, Simeone, Conte etc. would have then.

I'll bite

Wenger

b0wL6QA.jpg

Conte without his wig

tumblr_m33geeogXF1r9r8dq.gif

Kloppo

conair.gif

cameos: Xavi and Thiago Silva

19203.gif
21732-23750.gif

Elchele

finally I'm playing inFamous, seems like a lot of fun but I agree about a bit of lack of modern game mechanics. Specially obvious in the fighting parts, the interaction between your player and the enemies is like going back to ps2-era.

Jack cw

finally I'm playing inFamous, seems like a lot of fun but I agree about a bit of lack of modern game mechanics. Specially obvious in the fighting parts, the interaction between your player and the enemies is like going back to ps2-era.

Dark Souls 2 is actually pre atari era. Still the best games around. Jupp pls understand.

L1NETT

Rev is back on TV! Woop woop. Great show

That and Stewart Lee, comedy is going great guns. Sadly Michael Mcintrye drags it down to unmentionable levels.

Carbonox

Have you started FFX yet, Carbo?

I've gotten to Mushroom Rock Road. I'd forgotten how lobvely the art was in this game.

Not yet, I'm going to Platinum InFamous Second Son before starting it. Just gotta finish Expert mode and that's that done.

I can't wait to fire it up though. Been so long since I've delved in to FFX (used to be an annual thing for me :lol).

"Eriksen now has 5 league goals only Soldado (6) and Adebayor (8) have more for Spurs this season."

That's pretty depressing. No wonder our goal difference is 0.

arkon

Love that second free kick. He's running away to celebrate as soon as it's over the wall. He just knows.

Leeds' honours list on the BBC website is interesting.

•Inter-Cities Fairs Cup winners: 1968, 1971
•League champions: 1968-9, 1973-4, 1991-2
•FA Cup winners: 1972
•League Cup winners: 1968
•FA Charity Shield winners: 1969, 1992

Never won anything before the late 60's/early 70's, never won anything since until 1992. And never won anything since then.

Yorkshire's second most successful football club.

If only we could return to the glory days of the 1920s

Clegg

Not yet, I'm going to Platinum InFamous Second Son before starting it. Just gotta finish Expert mode and that's that done.

I can't wait to fire it up though. Been so long since I've delved in to FFX (used to be an annual thing for me :lol).
Hearing the Besaid Island theme gave me those heavy nostalgia feels.

It's excellent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Eriksen now has 5 league goals only Soldado (6) and Adebayor (8) have more for Spurs this season."

That's pretty depressing. No wonder our goal difference is 0.

Well at least under Sherwood we can score more than one goal a game. Our goal difference is zero because of the 4 terrible hidings and the shockingly bad goal record under AVB. Players like Ade and Eriksen only started doing anything once Sherwood arrived.

Well at least under Sherwood we can score more than one goal a game. Our goal difference is zero because of the 4 terrible hidings and the shockingly bad goal record under AVB. Players like Ade and Eriksen only started doing anything once Sherwood arrived.

True. And like I said before, I'm emotionally torn about Soldado. He seems to be playing very well as a player we didn't want, and awfully as the player we did. As long as he's contributing I guess that's great, but that puts a huge amount of pressure on Ade.

Elchele

anyone here likes The Black Keys? I've been listening to this song "Lonely boy", it's pretty good, is there any other band with that kind of music?

rvy

Banned
The team in white has shit players.

anyone here likes The Black Keys? I've been listening to this song "Lonely boy", it's pretty good, is there any other band with that kind of music?

Nope, TBK has their own thing going.

WJD

Little Black Submarines is a top top tune. I pretty love all of their stuff across all their albums, which can't be said for a lot of bands.

rvy

Banned
NOW IS THE TIME

YES

YES BLUE

YES

NOW WIN

WIN

YES

Can Witsel even speak Russian? He can't.

lol @ Hulk trying to be cheeky.

rvy

Banned
Sovetov is woeful. Their players have absolutely zero idea where they should be on the pitch. Their technique is terrible. Late decisions everywhere.
If Zenit ups the tempo a bit, they crumble.

Comfortable win for Zenit.

iAPuakZ6ceDMo.gif

Hey Tito, r u even trying ur tinko tonka cuenca?

pls

Meier

rvy pls
help me

I downloaded 'Brothers' and 'El Camino', I'm afraid I won't like it tho. hoping for the best

Brothers is my favorite album of theirs. *music hipster mode on* I first saw em touring when Rubber Factory had just come out. *music hipster mode off* Their earlier stuff is a lot "rawer" and bluesier than the newer stuff which is more accessible/commercial. I actually prefer the newer stuff though personally.

Elchele

Brothers is my favorite album of theirs. *music hipster mode on* I first saw em touring when Rubber Factory had just come out. *music hipster mode off* Their earlier stuff is a lot "rawer" and bluesier than the newer stuff which is more accessible/commercial. I actually prefer the newer stuff though personally.

Sounds like I could end up liking their earlier stuff much more then. Is Rubber Factory good or would you recommend other album?

I'm really lost in current music. Last time I was 'discovering' bands was back in 2007/2008. I've been only listening to 60s and 70s stuff since then.

The Llama

I haven't wanted Man Utd to win for a long time.

It is not a pleasant feeling.

Its even more unpleasant knowing they'll likely get destroyed and Moyes will be closer to not having a job :(

That said, they could lose 0-10 and I don't think they'd fire Moyes because they're expecting to lose anyway.

Meier

Just noticed Adnan hasn't scored an actual fantasy point for me that wasn't minutes related since January 1. -_- He isn't even worth the 4.9 at this point. Stupid Moyes.

Sounds like I could end up liking their earlier stuff much more then. Is Rubber Factory good or would you recommend other album?

I'm really lost in current music. Last time I was 'discovering' bands was back in 2007/2008. I've been only listening to 60s and 70s stuff since then.

Rubber Factory is very good. Stack Shot Billy is maybe my favorite song on it. If you've been listening to 60s and 70s stuff, early Black Keys would be a good fit. Very raw.

K1LLER7

Just noticed Adnan hasn't scored an actual fantasy point for me that wasn't minutes related since January 1. -_- He isn't even worth the 4.9 at this point. Stupid Moyes.

He's burnt out. Hope Moyes handles him in the same way Rodgers has Sterling.

Kerzhakov earns a pelanty. AVB redeemed.

Sviat, I'm sorry, you have to live with this avatar until Wednesday because I came up with a brilliant idea. Tomorrow is the derby and to make myself happy and shame you for your Gazprom connections for the next few weeks, you'll get an avatar of our derby winning player. If however we decide to play shit football and lose, you may be a free avatar man under the condition that it's no Schlacke avatar in any way.

Linius

Went ahead and ordered, should be UPS Express so I'll be fine with delivery I'd imagine.

I'll probably hit up Leidseplein pre-game then before I head on down to the stadium to soak up the Atmosphere a bit. What's the Ajax/Twente rivalry like? Should be a big game day.

Haven't seen Air but looked up Escape and it seemed a bit more expensive plus it's more house music which I can enjoy but I can miss out on. Jimmy Woo is 21 and up and seems to exemplify that see and be seen culture - seemed really upmarket and that's not what I'm interested in at all this weekend. I'm interested in hitting Paradiso on the Friday or Saturday night since it seems more hip hop/R'n'B orientated. I'll have a peak at Studio 80 and Sugar Factory.

Paradiso is ace. Besides the night activities they're a great concert venue too.

And the rivalry is nothing special. They occasionally join in the fight for the title the past few years but the supporters groups don't have any grudges as far as I know.

rvy

Banned
Did the commentators die or something? They've been silent for 10 mins, lol.

lol @ the white team's keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom