• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

The problem with this is, when you look at the tickets still available, there might be two in a block but one at the front and one at the back. And I can't imagine a fucking humongous amount of people like going to the football by themselves; some will, some do, but a lot go with friends and families. So this is a bit misleading.

They're properly shite seats to be fair. I've sat in upper North before and it wasn't particularly enjoyable, though that might have been because we were dicked on by Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm still baffled by the people who thought it wasn't a foul.

Just gone mad and ordered a chinese. Fuck it, I get paid tomorrow and Liverpool are winning the league. If ever there was a time for salt and pepper wings.

I got some of these on Saturday; salt pepper and chilli wings. Absolutely sensational. Was stunned how much meat was on them, they were fucking dynamite.

Had them, some satay chicken in peanut sauce, and a duck chow mein. Shit went down a fucking treat.

rvy

Banned
salvio0qx4g.png

my true love

Salvadora

Has anyone here went to a match by themselves?

Would be keen on catching an Arsenal match while I'm in London next year, but there's a possibility it'd be by myself.

rvy

Banned

Would be keen on catching an Arsenal match while I'm in London next year, but there's a possibility it'd be by myself.

What's the problem? I much prefer going by myself than with other people. Especially female company, you're always afraid some shit is gonna happen.

WJD

I haven't but I'd have no problem doing it really. Obviously it's better with mates/family, but if you don't get many chances to go otherwise then go for it. Get chatting to your neighbour and you're all good.

Scum

Messi GOAT > Man Utd CR7 > R. Madrid CR7

The whole situation is a bit perplexing, to be fair.

People will put it down to mental softness, but we've shown an ability to play against big teams and not concede an incredible amount of goals before. Like, sure they're away games, but the principle still stands.
Forfeit the games against Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd.
Earn as much points as possible against the other 15 teams.
Hope for a slip up from one if the top 4.
Finish 4th. CL qualification.
Don't fight for title but make an effort, which means avoiding spending big every season to "keep up".

It's all a business and Wenger likes it that way.

Salvadora

What's the problem? I much prefer going by myself than with other people. Especially female company, you're always afraid some shit is gonna happen.
Just wouldn't want to lessen the experience, that's all.
I haven't but I'd have no problem doing it really. Obviously it's better with mates/family, but if you don't get many chances to go otherwise then go for it. Get chatting to your neighbour and you're all good.
Ta WJD.

I imagine there'd be loads of tourists at the Emirates anyway, so it wouldn't be a problem :p

Wilbur

Banned

I'd have no problem; I'm trying to get tickets for United - Bayern for me and bro, but there's a possibility it's only one. If it is, I'm going anyway.

TeddyBoy

How many million people watched this Classico? Where can I find out?

At the end of the match yesterday, Sky Sports said 400 million people were watching. So quite a few people.

It's taken me 2 days to catch back up on FootyGAF, nearly caught up yesterday but then el Classico...

Happy Barcelona won, I'd quite like to see Atletico win La Liga, would be special.

Arnie

Absolutely. At Anfield if you want a really good seat in the Kop you aint sitting with your mates. It's fine, just have a few pints with them before going in and then give it down the banks when you're in there. You'd be surprised how many people are sat on their own during the match. And it's not as if you're sat nattering away to your mates during the game anyway, just enjoy the view and get involved.

At the risk of restarting that whole argument, you surely can't deny that it's up there with any other European league. Spain, England, Germany, Portugal, Italy would be the main ones.
Arkon pls. Any league without a winter break is shit.
Germany doesn't count, theirs is too short.

Salvadora

I'd have no problem; I'm trying to get tickets for United - Bayern for me and bro, but there's a possibility it's only one. If it is, I'm going anyway.
Would be some experience, that.

Was trying to get over to the Arsenal-Napoli match over the summer there, but it didn't work out. Hopefully there will be a big game on when I'm looking to set it in stone.
Absolutely. At Anfield if you want a really good seat in the Kop you aint sitting with your mates. It's fine, just have a few pints with them before going in and then give it down the banks when you're in there. You'd be surprised how many people are sat on their own during the match. And it's not as if you're sat nattering away to your mates during the game anyway, just enjoy the view and get involved.
Thanks Arnie.

Never done it before and feel a bit guilty for it with me being so close (relatively speaking). Wouldn't even have to worry about accommodation or anything since I've got relatives there.

I guess Madrid have no one to blame but themselves for making Undiano ref the second leg, something that had not happened in years.

What's shitty is a team that only blames the ref when they lose, burying any football debate possible. Better luck next time.

3-4_zps4a40c207.jpg

Nice, insulting Madrid fans with fascist flag.

Yeah, let's talk about football. Maybe someday Barça players will stop ruining matches with dives supported by refs.

Scum

I'm so fucking glad that the World Cup is on this summer. Hopefully the servers can hold to overshadow that shitfest known as E3.

Fucking clasico's

Can't wait for Barca to gift Atletico the league at the end of the season.

operon

Thread is seriously bad for your health at the moment so much salt. Sucks for Madrid fans lost el classico to the GOAT and going to lose isco to brendan in the summer. His touch will transform him.

Blablurn

This thread will combust.

I think I could live with the banter. The only time I was afraid was before the CL final. If ManU wins it's just about you internet people :p But if Bayern had lost against Dortmund it would have been the biggest stigma a german bayern fan could have.

Yen

Just saw the Lego Movie, pretty awesome. Now to eat a packet of bourbon creams and then a punnet of grapes, and quote Lyndon B Johnson saying "shat" in an essay.

Tc91

Just seen the news about the red card.

How the fuck can it get overturned for both players?

Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal-line handball did not deserve a red card.

Are they having a laugh?

LegoArmo

Just seen the news about the red card.

How the fuck can it get overturned for both players?

Are they having a laugh?

I guess because the ball was going *slightly* wide. Fucking stupid decision.

Trying to cheat that blatantly should definitely be a red card, but hey, I don't make the rules.

Jarnet87

If United finished with 75 points it means Arsenal could only take 12 of the remaining 24 possible points for us to get 4th. Arsenal have collapsed, but never enough to fall out of the UCL. It would be a great parting gif from Wenger though.

LegoArmo

So did the top teams get stronger, or the other teams get weaker? 4 teams above 80 points as seems likely is pretty impressive.

dc89

The problem with this is, when you look at the tickets still available, there might be two in a block but one at the front and one at the back. And I can't imagine a fucking humongous amount of people like going to the football by themselves; some will, some do, but a lot go with friends and families. So this is a bit misleading.

I reckon a few of the seats will be down to the fans who didn't go to the Olympiakos game therefore they forfeit their derby day ticket.

Arnie

So did the top teams get stronger, or the other teams get weaker? 4 teams above 80 points as seems likely is pretty impressive.

Hard not to argue against the former when you go through them.

City - No Mancini = better
Chelsea - Mourinho = better
Arsenal - Buoyed by Ozil then carried by Ramsey = better
Liverpool - Brendan Rodgers

you mean there's a life beyond sainsbury's meal deals?
We all must grow up at some point.

elseanio

I mostly sit by myself at the football. Shite when I think of all the people I know who are also there, just that fancards/memberships/season tickets/staggered sales splits us all up.

Jarnet87

EPL bounced back from terrible year last. Fergie saw the signs and like the selfish asshole he is decided that winning one more title was more important then setting the club up for the future. We probably could of won last year without RVP it was so terrible. We finished 2012-2013 with the same amount of points the previous season, 89.

Elchele

Cooked the little fucker with a slice of lemon and a dash of salt and pepper.

Going to taste beautiful tomorrow with some fresh leaves and a trickle of dressing.

#kitchenpsyche

I put some provenzal (parsley and garlic) on it. it tastes so good

Abraxas

Hello FootyGaf,

I've been lurking for about five months, and my account finally got approved. Looking forward to the match day nonsense. Hope this post isn't broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom