• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
X2 is a good movie, top tier as far as superhero movies go. Days of Future Past should be good, even if Singer is not a particularly good director. he seems to get X-Men, at least better than every other director that's been given a chance with the franchise.

the only thing that worries me about Days of Future Past is the X/mystique romance subplot bullshit. I get JLaw's a big star and everything but meh

Grand Budapest Hotel was fantastic. just a really well done, delightful movie in every way. big step up from Moonrise Kingdom.

Arnie

The only two Wes Anderson films I've seen are Life Aquatic and Grand Budapest.

Excited to finally get around to the rest of his filmography.

Didn't know he did Mr Fox.

umf

Elchele

I'm Pirlo.

You are the ball.

Juup is the net.

So nothing happens until Muller destroys you?

8614753388_686ec758d4_o.gif

ixTqtyV5GREx3.gif

you dont even support your coach you fucking toad

pls. Pep is just a stopgap solution until van Buyten takes over

Bet you're already Omieeing me in that thread, Pulga.
ngDCi9a.png

I like little fellas, I would pick you up and give you a hug. Don't expect sympathy from Wes, he would accidentally crush you from just being in the same room. Too big to even notice you.

Jarnet87

The only two Wes Anderson films I've seen are Life Aquatic and Grand Budapest.

Excited to finally get around to the rest of his filmography.

Didn't know he did Mr Fox.

umf

Life Aquatic is incredible, one my favorite films. I can't wait to see Grand Budapest.

Zabojnik

AHAHAHAHAHHA YES RVY-GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dat chemistry between us <3. You know what..you're officially a member of my band with Zabo.

You just know we'll break up after we inevitably lose to Benfica in the upcoming EL final. Football will be our Yoko Ono.

Meier

X2 is great, you are all barmy.

Speaking of movies, looking forward to Noah and Grand Budapest Hotel. Heard the latter is mint.
X2 is one of, if not the, the best superhero movies ever. Show me a better sequence than Nightcrawler in the White House.

Hat tip: You can't. Well, except maybe something from The Dark Knight.

arkon

That guy cleaning the girl's shit in the gym is a real hero. Rest of the thread has just turned into more shit-related stories. What am I reading?

I think Grand Budapest Hotel will be my first Anderson movie. I dunno why, I just never got around to watching any of his films. This one really drew my eye though, dat cast.

faridmon

Never been fan of Superheroes movies... yes, not even Batman and Dark Knight movies.
I love Wes Andersons movie though, even though I found Moonrise Kingdom a bit lacking. Can't wait for Grand Budapest Hotel!

"He becomes someone else in the build-up to matches,&#8221; Eto&#8217;o told BeIn Sport. &#8220;Like any human being, he sometimes loses his mind.

&#8220;He proved it sometimes like when he did it with me [by calling me old] but he takes all the pressure on himself.&#8221;

Eto&#8217;o also touched on his fall-out with former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola &#8211; whom he claims wanted to send him to Uzbekistan.

He said he was shown a &#8220;total lack of respect&#8221; by the Spaniard.

&#8220;Guardiola has never been a great player, he was just a good player. I told him. He didn&#8217;t prove anything when he arrived and he said certain things,&#8221; Eto&#8217;o stated.

&#8220;What hurt me is that they invent things that the press relayed. They wanted to send me to Uzbekistan. I stayed at my place and I told him that he will apologize for that in the future.

&#8220;He gave the number 9 to Henry. Henry was happy. And it was a total lack of respect. I had done a lot for the club.

&#8220;Guardiola has never had the courage to say things in front of me. He passed by the players. Xavi told me they wanted me to stay but I had to talk to Pep. I say never, if you do not respect me, I do not respect you.

&#8220;He shook hands with me when I was at Inter and I played against Barca, but this was just for the cameras and TV. Behind the scenes before the match, he did not greet me.

Xlz1iA4.png

WJD

Finally started A Feast For Crows tonight. From what I've heard I'm not in for a particularly exciting ride.

K1LLER7

Pep selling Eto'o and buying Ibra back then was a crazy move.

------

Also

"Pellegrini believes Yaya Toure is the best goalscoring midfielder in the world. The Ivorian is in the most prolific season of his career and reached the 20-goal landmark for the first time with a hat trick against Fulham on Saturday.

His manager said: “At the moment because of the number of goals he has scored, of course [he is.] But I think that Yaya is not just about the goals he scored. He is a complete midfielder, very good. He gives important assistance as well.”

Yurt, tell him about Vidal.

Abraxas

Does anyone here watch Brazilian Football?

Whatever happened to Pato? He was easily the most promising young striker in Europe, and then he just faded away.

Does anyone here watch Brazilian Football?

Whatever happened to Pato? He was easily the most promising young striker in Europe, and then he just faded away.

I don't. But it's no surprise really that he isn't the player that he looked to be, with the amount of injuries he had. Was almost like Arsenals medical staff were behind the scenes at Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom