• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleco

Let's not forget this blatant penalty that wasn't called by the same referee last Clásico match.. It's shitty when the game becomes about the referees bad calls and not the game itself. ugh..

vt1mzVd.png

I guess Madrid have no one to blame but themselves for making Undiano ref the second leg, something that had not happened in years.

What's shitty is a team that only blames the ref when they lose, burying any football debate possible. Better luck next time.

3-4_zps4a40c207.jpg

FootballFan

I guess Madrid have no one to blame but themselves for making Undiano ref the second leg, something that had not happened in years.

What's shitty is a team that only blames the ref when they lose, burying any football debate possible. Better luck next time.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/Danilousa/3-4_zps4a40c207.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

You're a great poster man, you should stick around.

Agree completely.

coleco

I feel bad for him.

Unlike Llorente, he doesn't even have good looks to fall back on.

Come on man, don't tell me Neymar is not good looking. For a Utd fan he should be almost god like, a muse of pure football, a mythical creature of sorts.

1972310_667677673267919_349607286_n.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Messi after the Clasico:

- Top scorer in Clasico history
- Top assist leader in Clasico history
- First player to have hat trick both home and away in Clasico history

Messi and Moyes, breaking records and making history left and right.

16 goals away from being top scorer in La Liga history. Skipped past Raul and Di Stefano last week.

Still only 26. Damn.

The GOAT

arkon

Neymar: Is he only marketable?

Nope, but considering the money they paid for him you'd be expecting a lot more of a return. Still, he's not even completed his first full season in a top european league yet.

Underwhelming to put it mildly.

Plasma

Banned
The whole situation is a bit perplexing, to be fair.

People will put it down to mental softness, but we've shown an ability to play against big teams and not concede an incredible amount of goals before. Like, sure they're away games, but the principle still stands.

It isn't really that perplexing, we didn't change our tactics to contain them we just played our usual way, which is fine against some of the teams lower down the table but not against the bigger clubs. The fullbacks were so high up the pitch that whenever they countered we were caught short, Arteta couldn't cope with the speed of the counter attacks and Chamberlain isn't that great at defending so we were overwhelmed in midfield.

4000 workers to die(or are already dead) in Qatar to have the World Cup there?

That seems such a small price to pay, right? Sepp Blatter to be hanged in the Hague for crimes against humanity?

Let's not forget this blatant penalty that wasn't called by the same referee last Clásico match.. It's shitty when the game becomes about the referees bad calls and not the game itself. ugh..

vt1mzVd.png

Maybe if both teams didn't keep trying to fucking con him every single match, it wouldn;t become a case of talking about the ref?

Salvadora

It isn't really that perplexing, we didn't change our tactics to contain them we just played our usual way, which is fine against some of the teams lower down the table but not against the bigger clubs. The fullbacks were so high up the pitch that whenever they countered we were caught short, Arteta couldn't cope with the speed of the counter attacks and Chamberlain isn't that great at defending so we were overwhelmed in midfield.
While this is all true, individual mistakes have cost us dearly too.

We're nowhere near as good at passing as we used to be.

FootballFan

FF, be honest, have you been impressed by Neymar?

He's been pretty bad in the last few weeks. Overall though I'm pretty happy to have him. He is still 22(birthday last month I think) and it's his first season in Europe. I think he will come good.

Needs to be like young messi though and take those shoulder to shoulder challenges strongly and shoot when he gets the chance.

Clegg

Wenger deserves some of the blame for Arsenal's miserable away performances against the big teams. But like others have mentioned, you can't really fault him for some of the appalling individual errors his players make. Ozil assisted 2 Liverpool goals in that defeat a while back and I remember Cazorla and Gibbs being directly to blame for 2 goals on Saturday.

Wenger needs to take a long look at these problems though. His team was caught out tactically and motivationally.

Wenger deserves some of the blame for Arsenal's miserable away performances against the big teams. But like others have mentioned, you can't really fault him for some of the appalling individual errors his players make. Ozil assisted 2 Liverpool goals in that defeat a while back and I remember Cazorla and Gibbs being directly to blame for 2 goals on Saturday.

Wenger needs to take a long look at these problems though. His team was caught out tactically and motivationally.

I thought in his post match interviews he looked like a defeated man (in general) although I suppose most managers would look defeated after a title rival beats you 6-0.

New contract already signed or not, I think he may well leave this summer, I don't think he will be able to take forwards with the sort of money available to him now. He has done well to keep Arsenal in the CL every year but perhaps he will win the FA Cup and step down.

Salvadora

I thought in his post match interviews he looked like a defeated man (in general) although I suppose most managers would look defeated after a title rival beats you 6-0.

New contract already signed or not, I think he may well leave this summer, I don't think he will be able to take forwards with the sort of money available to him now. He has done well to keep Arsenal in the CL every year but perhaps he will win the FA Cup and step down.
I would disagree with that assessment of Wenger's post-match interview.

Was pretty calmly matter of fact about everything that happened, which made me surprised he didn't do more interviews. This was no Tim "what do you mean?" Sherwood

coleco

He's been pretty bad in the last few weeks. Overall though I'm pretty happy to have him. He is still 22(birthday last month I think) and it's his first season in Europe. I think he will come good.

Needs to be like young messi though and take those shoulder to shoulder challenges strongly and shoot when he gets the chance.

I think it's unfair to ask Neymar to be like young Messi, probably one of the best players ever.

Neymar was essential during the first half of the season, while Messi, Iniesta, Valdés, Alba, Alves were injured, some for long term, like Messi.

He scored against Atlético to win the supercup. He scored and assisted against Madrid on first leg for the win. 3 goals and 4 assists in CL group stage. 1 assist against City. 1 assist, 1 pen+red against Madrid yesterday.

Has a total of 12 goals and 14 assists so far while missing 6 weeks due to injury and suspension. Not to mention his vital role with Brazil NT.

He's not there yet but so far so good for being a 22 y/o newcomer.

feel

Here mate, your tears made you miss the details.

BjglLo6CYAEMek_.jpg
Tears? Please kid take your pathetic misleading frame capture shit elsewhere. I just wanted a fun 90 minutes, was practically neutral except for wanting the Portuguese guys to do well or not embarass themselves (fission mailed, Ronaldo).

Scum

Carlo should be blamed for that shitfest from yesterday. Every-fucking-one, including both sets of fans plus neutrals knew shoving Ramos in the team lineup in El Clasico was fucking daft.

Sales-GAF take it way too seriously. It's like doing maths for fun.

If only they put that much effort into playing games.

Tettey goal is much better than Rooney's

Harder technique, keeper didn't have to fuck up for it to go in
Becks' lob > Rooney's goal.

coleco

Tears? Please kid take your pathetic misleading frame capture shit elsewhere. I just wanted a fun 90 minutes, was practically neutral except for wanting the Portuguese guys to do well or not embarass themselves (fission mailed, Ronaldo).

Kid? I wish :( I would cut my own hand to be a kid again.

I had a fun 90 minutes, and lots of fun after with the bitter tears, but I can understand why you didn't. Also, lol at being 'practically neutral but wanting portuguese guys to do well'.

We can agree Ronaldo was a failure. Bale too.

Here, another misleading frame capture posted in this thread you missed:

Bjf8rdSIQAA7n-R.jpg:large

Circling the fingers brushing Neymar's arm is possibly the most ludicrous thing I've seen in this thread. And I've seen some real nonsense. Posted some myself :p

Arnie

I'm still baffled by the people who thought it wasn't a foul.

Just gone mad and ordered a chinese. Fuck it, I get paid tomorrow and Liverpool are winning the league. If ever there was a time for salt and pepper wings.

Wilbur

Banned
United can't even sell out for their cup final.

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/448183241988534272

The problem with this is, when you look at the tickets still available, there might be two in a block but one at the front and one at the back. And I can't imagine a fucking humongous amount of people like going to the football by themselves; some will, some do, but a lot go with friends and families. So this is a bit misleading.

coleco

Neymar has hollow bird-like bones. You guys are too hard with him. Be careful, he might fall and get you a red card + penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom