• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I don't get the AFFC hate at all. I thought it was great.

Probably stems from the fact that people got so attached to the characters in the first three books and that they're mostly absent. After the way book three ends it makes it a disappointment. Everyone wants to know what happened after book 3.

Feorax

Tactical booking incoming for Gerrard, hopefully in the last minute against Spurs. Has a 2-game ban coming up at some point between now and the end of the season, and we'd be idiots to risk said ban covering one of the Chelsea/City matches. Thank fuck Lucas is back.

Well if he gets booked against Spurs, then he misses the next 2 games, which are West Ham away and City at home.

Really, we could do with him getting the booking tomorrow. I wouldn't mind a midfield 3 of Hendo, Lucas and Allen for the Spurs and West Ham games.

Well if he gets booked against Spurs, then he misses the next 2 games, which are West Ham away and City at home.

Really, we could do with him getting the booking tomorrow. I wouldn't mind a midfield 3 of Hendo, Lucas and Allen for the Spurs and West Ham games.

Ah shit, didn't realise City was so soon. Yeah, he'll have to do it tomorrow

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BjhseyZIgAI7ERc.jpg

When you look at the wages it's surprising we are as close to the CL as we have been for the last 4 years. We really need that new stadium, with Liverpool back in the top 4 and United presumably giving Moyes vast sums to spend, next season is going to be even harder :(

Hey bros if I miss the Manchester derby tonight are there any good places for watching the highlights or even an entire match replay?

livefootballvideo.com

Has full matches a few hours after the final whistle.

Please stop quoting that transfer and wages graph. It makes me want a cigarette :p

What's that statistic Moyes has against playing top teams?
Is it even worth me bothering to betray my heart and support Utd for one game?
I don't even have anything red that could be lucky for Man Utd. Maybe I could put on my swimming trunks and goggles and hope it brings luck to Ashley Young.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, so Sagna is going to Inter then..

Thohir [Inter's owner] in Gazzetta: I'm not used to make announcements if a contract hasn't been signed. I'll only say we like Sagna and at this point everything depends only on him.
Thohir: "In Vidic's contract we've included a clause whereby he'll have to be in a position to play at least a certain number of games."
-
Good to see you back Yurt!
Thanks Luci!

pappe

---------De GOAT--------
Rafael----- Jones--- Evans---- Evra
-------Maroon 5----- Carrick-----
Tony----------Rooney-----Mata
---------------Wellberg----------

When Mata was playing in these kind of games he would either be the difference or completely disappear like Ozil. I think Fellaini could have a good game because he does have the ability to win the ball against the likes of Yaya Toure. TBH though it probably doesn't matter who is playing, Man Utd's defence is dreadful and Man City will probably score with every attack.

Wilbur

Banned
Would rather Welbeck out wide and Mata behind Rooney, like he was against Olympiakos. I know he isn't a wide man but if he does what Shinji did the other day and play narrow while Valencia stretches play it would be alright I guess...

wait

we r playun citeh

dc89

Bartomeu (Barca president): "We will invest a minimun of 60 million & a maximum of 120 million on signings this summer. A goal keeper & centre back are a must."

Stay away from Hart & Kompany. Unless you give us £100m EACH!

LTWheels

Bartomeu (Barca president): "We will invest a minimun of 60 million & a maximum of 120 million on signings this summer. A goal keeper & centre back are a must."

Bye bye Renia and Agger. I'll take your millions Barca.

King_Moc

Banned
I've heard some excuses, but for a manager to claim that he's not actually a manager takes the Octopus of Badia

Tactical booking incoming for Gerrard, hopefully in the last minute against Spurs. Has a 2-game ban coming up at some point between now and the end of the season, and we'd be idiots to risk said ban covering one of the Chelsea/City matches. Thank fuck Lucas is back.

I think they get wiped on the second Sunday in April. Might make more sense to try and get through it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
& centre back are a must."

makes sense since Puyol and Mascherano are on their way out

Calciomercato are reporting that Napoli and Barcelona have agreed a deal for Javier Mascherano to be transferred to the Azzurri.

It was reported last week that the player’s agent had flown to Spain to discuss his client’s future and it would now appear to have been resolved.

According to the report, Rafa Benitez’s side are already preparing the necessary documentation needed to conclude the deal.

Confirmation of the Argentine’s move to Italy will apparently be given once the Partenopei have mathematically qualified for next season’s Champions League.

Wilbur

Banned
Imagine Barca buying Hart. His concentration levels are shit already, imagine it after twelve minutes of keep ball and then a quick counter.

TeddyBoy

Barca are going for Ter Stegen, no need to worry about Hart.

Agreeing with LT though, Barca can have Agger for €20m.

Tegris

I think they get wiped on the second Sunday in April. Might make more sense to try and get through it.

I think they are wiped after the games on the second Sunday in April, which would mean that he'd need to get through Sunderland (H), Spurs (H), West Ham (A) and Man City (H) without picking up a booking. Given how many last-ditch tackles he makes playing in his new role, and that he's been booked in five of the last six games, I reckon there's no chance of him avoiding picking up a tenth yellow. If he's going to get tactically booked, it needs to be against Sunderland.

Jack cw

Imagine Barca buying Hart. His concentration levels are shit already, imagine it after twelve minutes of keep ball and then a quick counter.

Wouldnt be such a downgrade compared to Valdez. Anyway, I think that they will go for ter Stegen and try another offer at Thiago Silva.

King_Moc

Banned
I think they are wiped after the games on the second Sunday in April, which would mean that he'd need to get through Sunderland (H), Spurs (H), West Ham (A) and Man City (H) without picking up a booking. Given how many last-ditch tackles he makes playing in his new role, and that he's been booked in five of the last six games, I reckon there's no chance of him avoiding picking up a tenth yellow. If he's going to get tactically booked, it needs to be against Sunderland.

Hmm, yeah, he might struggle with that, particularly city.

sohois

Does anyone remember when Owen was a team captain on Question of Sport for awhile? Sure does seem weird thinking about that now

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lots of papers reporting that Chelsea are willing to sell Lukaku and that Tottenham are very interested. Lukaku, Adebayor and Soldado would be a good set of strikers.

WJD

Is that for real? Martinez is only slightly better? I wonder what would had happened had Mourinho kept Lukaku?

Did anybody else get the impression that Martinez was doing a fuck ton better at Everton than Moyes?

As others have mentioned, Everton's season has been aided by both the long standing effects of Moyes' defensive solidity/organisation (which has all but disappeared with us FFS) and RM's more expressive, careless approach. Next season's going to be very, very interesting for them.

Some article from FAZ that says Hoeneß didn't tell the whole truth in court and everyone involved in court agreed to an "unspoken" deal.

Wow what a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom