• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of papers reporting that Chelsea are willing to sell Lukaku and that Tottenham are very interested. Lukaku, Adebayor and Soldado would be a good set of strikers.

Hope you saved some of that Bale money, cause you need to get your big wallet up.

Mou pls

Help us fuck Pep

pls

Chelsea signed him for 17 mil and he has not exactly gone down in value since. Is Dortmund really willing to spend a shit load of money here?

Jack cw

Some article from FAZ that says Hoeneß didn't tell the whole truth in court and everyone involved in court agreed to an "unspoken" deal.

Wow what a surprise

Milch pls. Deals are the common thing in courts. He'll be out in year anyway, so he cut the best out for him that was possible. I mean whats the point? 5 years or 3 years? Jail is jail.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hope you saved some of that Bale money, cause you need to get your big wallet up.

We've spent like £5m net in the last 4 years, if we wanted to buy a £20m striker we could.

We got £6m for Defoe, we'll probably get slightly more for Livermore and Holtby, a couple of million for Assou-Ekotto and we've almost covered the fee already.

Chelsea signed him for 17 mil and he has not exactly gone down in value since. Is Dortmund really willing to spend a shit load of money here?

Obviously depends how much Chelsea wants. I'd say ~20m for a player like Lukaku is possible. He's one of the most talented young strikers and pretty much guarantees money from a transfer away from us in a few years.

Also depends on whether Gündogan leaves or not this summer and what we'll get for Schieber (lol) but more than ~20m is most likely too much.

Ashes

Banned
As others have mentioned, Everton's season has been aided by both the long standing effects of Moyes' defensive solidity/organisation (which has all but disappeared with us FFS) and RM's more expressive, careless approach. Next season's going to be very, very interesting for them.

When you put it like that, I guess it makes a little more sense. But I am still very surprised. I don't think Moyes being shite at Utd is colouring my objectivity here. I thought Martinez had done a terrific job at Everton and still do.

Milch pls. Deals are the common thing in courts. He'll be out in year anyway, so he cut the best out for him that was possible. I mean whats the point? 5 years or 3 years? Jail is jail.

I don't care how long he goes to prison, he'll just sleep there and stay for the weekend, anyway. I wanna know the whole dirty truth.

Jack cw

Obviously depends how much Chelsea wants. I'd say ~20m for a player like Lukaku is possible. He's one of the most talented young strikers and pretty much guarantees money from a transfer away from us in a few years.

Also depends on whether Gündogan leaves or not this summer and what we'll get for Schieber (lol) but more than ~20m is most likely too much.

Well, apparently better than Ramos. You should really go for Volland though.

If they have any hopes on remaining relevant they should be willing to do that.

Well Pardewinho has been out saying he admires Lukaku too, so not sure why Lukaku would go anywhere else but to Newcastle, to play under his long time idol.

Also depends on whether Gündogan leaves or not this summer but more than ~20m is most likely too much.

Bet you Chelsea will demand a good bit more than that. Especially when Spurs are involved who had no qualms about sending 25mil Valencias way for someone as shit as Soldado. As you said Lukaku is one of the most talented young strikers and he has done well in the PL already at such a young age, he's worth more than that to Chelsea.

I'm all for fucking over Pep though, but don't think it's going to happen here.

Walshy

Lukaku has dropped off a lot since the start of the season, but I still can't understand why Chelsea would sell him.

He's only 20 years old, and in his two loan spells he's got 29 goals in 62 games. It nearly works out as 1 goal every 2 games.

He gives you something different upfront with his physical presence as well, and would be a good second choice to whoever Chelsea plan to bring in the summer.

He isnt manager at Bayern, only coach, so transfers are handled by Sammer/Rummenigge and we just signed Lewandowski, so no striker is needed.

That's not really the point. Don't expect Bayern to go after Lukaku (and don't care about if it's Pep or not who handles transfers), the great Lukaku would fuck you over on the pitch.

Lukaku has dropped off a lot since the start of the season, but I still can't understand why Chelsea would sell him.

He's only 20 years old, and in his two loan spells he's got 29 goals in 62 games. It nearly works out as 1 goal every 2 games.

He gives you something different upfront with his physical presence as well, and would be a good second choice to whoever Chelsea plan to bring in the summer.

He's too young and physically fit to be a Chelsea striker. It's only fair to the rest of the league that we continue with broken or elderly strikers.

Zabojnik

We don't discuss that. There's nothing to discuss that stuff when facts are out there in the whatsapp.

Now I don't want to leak such info out to everyone but...

wibluakokjo.gif

BjbPcsRCAAEGZU6.jpg

qindarka

Banned

I think its because he has been talking a bit too much and may not be happy with being second choice.

Haha, I'm afraid you will never get your "Bayern is involved" headline, because it never happened ;)

Swiss attorneys say that Hoeneß could have used a system that allowed him to launder money, hide corruption and operate fictitious transactions.

That sounds amazing, I wanna know everything, could put it on a whole new level. The fact that German law stopped digging is ridiculous.

Bet you Chelsea will demand a good bit more than that. Especially when Spurs are involved who had no qualms about sending 25mil Valencias way for someone as shit as Soldado. As you said Lukaku is one of the most talented young strikers and he has done well in the PL already at such a young age, he's worth more than that to Chelsea.

I'm all for fucking over Pep though, but don't think it's going to happen here.

But would you really want to sell such a talented player to a, well I don't wanna say rival for the CL spots, but you know, team in the same league?

20m transfer fee + 25m buyback option for 2017. Mou pls

Jack cw

That's not really the point. Don't expect Bayern to go after Lukaku (and don't care about if it's Pep or not who handles transfers), the great Lukaku would fuck you over on the pitch.

Ah, ok, but I dont think that would happen. Its been a long time since a striker fucked us in a game ;)

But would you really want to sell such a talented player to a, well I don't wanna say rival for the CL spots, but you know, team in the same league?

20m transfer fee + 25m buyback option for 2017. Mou pls

No and that's also why I highly doubt Spurs are getting him. Levy can go fuck himself, the fucking cunt. Atletico are interested too though, lets get that Costa.

dc89

I got FFX/X-2 HD this morning. Still need to finish Kingdom Hearts though.
So many games I need to finish which contain oversized shoes and baggy pants.

Jack cw

Swiss attorneys say that Hoeneß could have used a system that allowed him to launder money, hide corruption and operate fictitious transactions.

That sounds amazing, I wanna know everything, could put it on a whole new level. The fact that German law stopped digging is ridiculous.

Then its up to the Swiss to provide the evidence, because there is no agreement between our goverments that could force them to. And its a waste of time and money to set up an investigation team to look into something that is based on speculation. This could actually work the other way around, because it would look like someone tries too hard to damage the club and the person Hoeneß. You dont want him to win some favor.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Mourinho doesn't give a shit about younger, more raw players, certainly not in the CF position. Would Lukaku accept being 2nd/3rd choice at his age and level of talent, when he can move to another big club? I don't think he would and I'm sure Mou would be happy to sell him.

Clegg

Laboured mentioned it already but there defo seems to be something going on at United re transfers. Two provisional deals with players is the word going around the papers.

Mark Ogden also thinks United would be willing to listen to offers for Fletcher.

No and that's also why I highly doubt Spurs are getting him. Levy can go fuck himself, the fucking cunt. Atletico are interested too though, lets get that Costa.

Those deals look always great on paper (using Lukaku for a Costa transfer) but when was the last time one of those actually happened? Can't think of any except the ridiculous Ibra-Eto'o deal lol. But we'll see.

sohois

If Chelsea really did sell Lukaku i don't see them getting more than £25million for him. His performances remain fairly unpolished and there's clearly some unrest there.

I just don't see any desperate clubs coming in with £37mil in the summer.

Laboured mentioned it already but ere defo seems to be something going on at United re transfers. Two provisional deal with players is the word going around the papers.

Mark Ogden also thinks United would be willing to listen to offers for Fletcher.

Fuck you Moyes. I would rather keep Fletcher over Clevershit.

WJD

Laboured mentioned it already but ere defo seems to be something going on at United re transfers. Two provisional deal with players is the word going around the papers.

Would kind of make sense considering our lack of CL football/it being a World Cup year.

But this would make me really sad - I thought he was really good on Saturday too. Fletch :(

Those deals look always great on paper (using Lukaku for a Costa transfer) but when was the last time one of those actually happened? Can't think of any except the ridiculous Ibra-Eto'o deal lol. But we'll see.

Well with Costa's relatively small release clause it's not as if they can afford to be picky. They could accept getting another great striker in as part of a deal or they can get just their 32mil and see if they can find another striker as good for them.

LTWheels

Christ I'm missing the game tomorrow to go on a third date, then I'm possibly missing the Spurs match this weekend...what have I become :(

King_Moc

Banned
Christ I'm missing the game tomorrow to go on a third date, then I'm possibly missing the Spurs match this weekend...what have I become :(

In my experience, girls normally understand that we need to watch football. Well, In the early days at least. I had to miss Chelsea v Liverpool because apparently we had to go and see my girlfriends parents for those specific 2 hours. No earlier, no later.

Westlo

Is that for real? Martinez is only slightly better? I wonder what would had happened had Mourinho kept Lukaku?

Did anybody else get the impression that Martinez was doing a fuck ton better at Everton than Moyes?

Have you watched us play this season? So much better overall it isn't funny, he's won 15 games this year while Moyesus won 16 last year in total. We have the firepower now to turn those Moyes draws into Martinez wins.... We're 54 points after 29 games, we got 63 total last season.... (56 the year before that, 54 before that, 61 before that)

If Liverpool didn't make a massive jump this season we would be right in the mix for CL.... heck as it is we're also only 8 points off Arsenal for a CL spot with a game in hand (Crystal Palace @ home) and we play them @ home. Win that game, pull off a draw against City while City kills them and we're in with a great chance, if the stars align.

LTWheels

In my experience, girls normally understand that we need to watch football. Well, In the early days at least. I had to miss Chelsea v Liverpool because apparently we had to go and see my girlfriends parents for those specific 2 hours. No earlier, no later.

I told her that I'm sacrificing my football to see her. She took it as a complement.

Oh and reading some of Brendan's comments, it looks like There is a place for Borini in our squad next season. Happy with his progression, especially noted how he's become a big game player. Very useful to have as a sub.

Wes

venison crêpe
Apparently Villa sent scouts recently to watch Augsburg's Andre Hahn. Can't imagine him coming to us instead of a higher ranked Bundesliga side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom