• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

You have to try to resist checking the score too. Pull that off and you might score a goal or two yourself ;)

Oh I don't need to worry about that. We hit it off very well from the first date. Both of us are actually surprised how well. Considering our first date was last Thursday and our third will be tomorrow..

Jarnet87

So after 3 years of standing by Fletcher during his illness and keeping him on the squad in the hopes he could play again, were gonna get rid of him now that he's "healthy" and played some?

Makes no dam sense at all. Its hard to imagine any team spending money to buy Fletcher, given the health risk. On a free I could see SPL teams or lower EPL teams going for him.

Apparently Villa sent scouts recently to watch Augsburg's Andre Hahn. Can't imagine him coming to us instead of a higher ranked Bundesliga side.

Wes, educate me on how Bacuna and Vlaar are doing for your club. Apperently Bacuna is making some noise, if the Dutch Press is to be believed.

Apparently Villa sent scouts recently to watch Augsburg's Andre Hahn. Can't imagine him coming to us instead of a higher ranked Bundesliga side.

Well, I doubt he would earn more money at any club in Germany, so you might have a chance.

All hype aside, Hahn is a rather limited player if you ask me. I doubt he would make it at a big club. I'd stay at Augsburg if I was him.

Edit: Actually, Gladbach would be a good move for him as well.

Ingeniero

Redempetion day for the gunners!
Today we prove how resilient we are and bounce back!
3-0 minimun baby.
Giroud to score first.
#Wenger4life

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes, educate me on how Bacuna and Vlaar are doing for your club. Apperently Bacuna is making some noise, if the Dutch Press is to be believed.

Bacuna has generally been fantastic for us attacking from right back - when he is given the opportunity to do so.

When he isn't adequately protected on that flank and he is left 1 on 1 he is prone to disaster. For instance he handled Hazard really well against Chelsea (except for one moment where Vlaar had to cover him) but got utterly destroyed by Arnautovic of Stoke this past weekend multiple times. You can tell it his not his favoured position, he'd be better used further up the pitch but he's the best we have there right now.

I would say Vlaar has been our most important player this season, despite the praise Delph and Benteke get. He reminds me of how Laursen played for us. A no frills, solid defender. I'm surprised at times how much recovery speed he has. Just seems like a defender most teams in the league would like to have on the team.

Zabojnik

Juve - Parma tomorrow. Pogba and Marchisio are back. I can't believe the last time Parma lost was against us back in November. Dat Suen.

TeddyBoy

I told her that I'm sacrificing my football to see her. She took it as a complement.

Oh and reading some of Brendan's comments, it looks like There is a place for Borini in our squad next season. Happy with his progression, especially noted how he's become a big game player. Very useful to have as a sub.

Congrats on your date!

I really like Borini and I think he's done pretty well with his time at Sunderland, I'm not quite sure how Borini has done as a substitute though since that would be his primary role here. He'd get a good run in the cups as well or in case someone else got injured. Should Borini return and Aspas is certain to be sold.

So after 3 years of standing by Fletcher during his illness and keeping him on the squad in the hopes he could play again, were gonna get rid of him now that he's "healthy" and played some?

Makes no dam sense at all. Its hard to imagine any team spending money to buy Fletcher, given the health risk. On a free I could see SPL teams or lower EPL teams going for him.

We got rid of quite a few players on high wages once we were out of the Champions League to keep the wage bill down, we let them go on a free as well. Fletcher is still a good player, but you've got a lot of CMs and most of them aren't very good.

Zabojnik

It's Marry's birthday today! Happy birthday, you legend. <3

BjkTzthCUAAW5TO.jpg:large

ixjNMf37bojOX.gif

Now go buy a top winger.

fuckin Pokemon.

anyways, i predict (and hope) a City trashing tonight. close to double digits. Arsenal is a non-entity at this point, closer to battling Spurs for 4th than any title challenge.

Jack cw

Looking forward to that Schalke - BVB derby tonight. Time for Schalke to show how wrong Watze is after his recent arrogance attack.

Bacuna has generally been fantastic for us attacking from right back - when he is given the opportunity to do so.

When he isn't adequately protected on that flank and he is left 1 on 1 he is prone to disaster. For instance he handled Hazard really well against Chelsea (except for one moment where Vlaar had to cover him) but got utterly destroyed by Arnautovic of Stoke this past weekend multiple times. You can tell it his not his favoured position, he'd be better used further up the pitch but he's the best we have there right now.

I would say Vlaar has been our most important player this season, despite the praise Delph and Benteke get. He reminds me of how Laursen played for us. A no frills, solid defender. I'm surprised at times how much recovery speed he has. Just seems like a defender most teams in the league would like to have on the team.

Thanks man. Bacuna is young still, were a lot of question marks about him leaving Groningen for such a big league as the PL. But good to hear that he's developing well, wonder if he's under consideration for the World Cup with Van Der Wiel his injury still bothering him.

As far as Ron 'Beton' Vlaar goes, I hope he continues to grow as well, show some leadership on a notoriously bad Dutch defense. Funny how you use the words recovery speed, as I always pictured him as the slowest defender alive :D. Him being decent is already a massive upgrade over dudes like De Vrij and Martins Indi. I assume he'll be starting all of our 3 matches at te WC.

Sometimes teams from lower leagues beat teams from the top leagues.

It's not indicative of the quality of the respective leagues though, Wooden.

Though in this case it's a bit like a pub team beating a club's School of Excellence team.

Please, we beat United that season too with the mighty Wes Brown on their team.

A few years later Aab also drew and won in their group stage matches against Celtic. Danish football is historically bad right now though, but Scottish football is if anything something to compare it to even if Celtic are a good bit above us. Love it whenever Celtic gets drawn against a Danish teams cause it means my Scottish cousin going to the matches and being disappointed each time.

Elchele

Looking forward to that Schalke - BVB derby tonight. Time for Schalke to show how wrong Watze is after his recent arrogance attack.

should be a great match. what a shame it is at the same time as the Bayern match :/
tomorrow is full of great matches too:

HSV vs Freiburg
Frankfurt vs Gladbach
Augsburg vs Bayer 04 (rip)

Jack cw

should be a great match. what a shame it is at the same time as the Bayern match :/
tomorrow is full of great matches too:

HSV vs Freiburg
Frankfurt vs Gladbach
Augsburg vs Bayer 04 (rip)

Well, I guess I'm going to watch the conference then. I hope Augsburg gives Bayer a beating. They didnt even deserve to play Euro League.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea will win the league with or without our help so I want us to squash City like the small time cunts they are

Unfortunately we will get squashed like the small time cunts we are

K1LLER7

---------- De Gea ----------

Rafa - Jones - Rio - Evra

------ Fellani - Fletcher/Carrick ------

Welbeck -- Mata -- Kagawa

------------ Rooney --------------

Would play Fletcher over Carrick. He's played well whenever he's given a chance. He actually plays the ball forwards too.

qindarka

Banned
Chelsea will win the league with or without our help so I want us to squash City like the small time cunts they are

No, we won't unless you and Arsenal help us out. If City win all their games in hand, they'll be 3 points ahead with superior GD, thus needing a 2 game swing.

I'm not even confident of finishing ahead of Liverpool with a trip to Anfield incoming.

Ingeniero

If Arsenal can't win the Premiership, then I'm rooting for Liverpool.
The FA Cup will be enough for us this year, we can challenge for the PL next year with a couple of awesome new strikers.

Hixx

&#8207;@SkySports_Keith 12s
Gus Poyet is set to throw Connor Wickham in from the start against Liverpool tomorrow with the Sunderland boss desperate for a goalscorer.

Giaccherini - Wickham - AJ
Cattermole Bridcutt Ki

PLEASE GUS

FUCK ALTIDORE

Abraxas

Mail seems to think we will drop arteta, szcz and giroud today.

Seems like rubbish, wenger would be mad to do it. Szcznesy has been good this year, and Sanogo isn't ready.

Abraxas

Has Sanogo shown anything interesting ?

Personally, i was expecting him to be a little more physical. In that Bayern first-leg he was full of running, but i can't remember him really troubling the defenders. Seems like a decently hard worker, and i hope that atrocious stoke miss won't haunt him.

calza

Mail seems to think we will drop arteta, szcz and giroud today.

Seems like rubbish, wenger would be mad to do it. Szcznesy has been good this year, and Sanogo isn't ready.

Szcznesy cares more about taking pictures than actually playing. He messed up in the Spurs game and was terrible in the Chelsea game. Fabian is too good to be 2nd pick, especially to someone who messes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom