• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Retweeted by Tancredi Palmeri
Vicky Vette ‏@vickyvette 3m
@tancredipalmeri ... I get off to your pics every morning xo

WHAT
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Abraxas

Szcznesy cares more about taking pictures than actually playing. He messed up in the Spurs game and was terrible in the Arsenal game. Fabian is too good to be 2nd pick, especially to someone who messes around.

I'll agree that his reactions to high balls in the derby were shaky at best, and that Fabianski is a good keeper, and more than capable against a team like Swansea. Which game do you mean the Arsenal one?
I think Szcz should play, and Arteta shouldn't, his mistakes have been far more egregious, especially for a so called veteran.

Your avatar makes me blush.

LTWheels

There's a new FIFA corruption story up on the Telegraph, about how they tried to sabotage their own internal investigation into their corruption...

Wanted to show my ugly mug after the clasico

- Probably the worst clasico I've seen since the days of Van Gaal and Capello, a total lack of strategy and tactics. Terrible defense by both, especially Barcelona, Seriously stop using Mascherano he is absolutely atroucious in defense; Alves is not what he he used to be 2 seasons ago, he is more like the more experienced version of Rafael now and yes Rafael sucks. You may or may not like Pep|Mou but those are world class managers, they have a deeper understanding of tactics than people like Carletto or Martino.
- Clasico reminded me a lot of the games from the Cruyff era, where Barcelona was able to score a lot, and get scored a lot too. Xavi has been absolutely phenomenal for the recent history at Barcelona but damn, its time to move on.
- On the Real side, Carvajal & Marcelo were terrible, once again the ex-Leverkusen dude proved he doesnt have what it takes to be Real's future #2.
- Ronaldo and Bale, seriously these are the type of games where you need to excel about the rest, but as always they were mediocre, Neymar the same.

calza

I'll agree that his reactions to high balls in the derby were shaky at best, and that Fabianski is a good keeper, and more than capable against a team like Swansea. Which game do you mean the Arsenal one?
I think Szcz should play, and Arteta shouldn't, his mistakes have been far more egregious, especially for a so called veteran.

Your avatar makes me blush.

Yeah bit of a mistake saying the arsenal match. The Chelsea game. A few of the goals he could have done better I think.

I'm not a fan of Arteta anyway, so I don't think he should start.

When is Ramsey back? If he doesn't get any minutes tonight, then is he not playing on Saturday?

Meier

Unsure if the rehosting of this image worked or not.. but this chart shows the difference in points between the two teams before the derby at Old Trafford during the Premier League years.

i1e5QdP9t8IRs.jpg

Abraxas

- On the Real side, Carvajal& Marcelo were terrible, once again the ex-Leverkusen dude proved he doesnt have what it takes to be Real's future #2.

How does he still play for Real? He offers nothing in attack, and he seems like a liability in defense. I suppose one could say that about both back four's, with the exception of perhaps Alba (Wasn"t outstanding, but didn't fuck up).

dc89

Jordi Hiwula scored 4 goals yesterday for City's U-21/EDS. The future pride of England.

We have got some quality young players. Speaking of quality.

Rekik has expressed an interest in remaining at PSV next season on loan, he said that it will be beneficial to his development. I say we go for it, let him have one more season away.

Meier

Rekik has expressed an interest in remaining at PSV next season on loan, he said that it will be beneficial to his development. I say we go for it, let him have one more season away.

Yeah, he really needs to. If NYCFC were playing starting next fall, I think he'd be a prime candidate to be a loanee there as well.

dc89

Yeah, he really needs to. If NYCFC were playing starting next fall, I think he'd be a prime candidate to be a loanee there as well.

Ooh that's a point.

---

Just started The Last of Us DLC. As if my nerves needed any more jittering before tonight.

operon

Dc plz, you know they'll never get near the senior team except to meet home-grown players quota

I love my office sometimes.

njVIK8l.jpg
Hahahahah.

We had an awesome one a few weeks ago where someone sent round an email saying their flask had been stolen from the second floor fridge and that it was a Christmas present so could they please have it back.

They even attached a picture but it was super low res.

Jarnet87

How does he still play for Real? He offers nothing in attack, and he seems like a liability in defense. I suppose one could say that about both back four's, with the exception of perhaps Alba (Wasn"t outstanding, but didn't fuck up).

Their only other RB is Arbeloa isn't it? I suppose they could have played Sergio Ramos at RB and then Varane at CB.

Mastadon

Banned
Hahahahah.

We had an awesome one a few weeks ago where someone sent round an email saying their flask had been stolen from the second floor fridge and that it was a Christmas present so could they please have it back.

They even attached a picture but it was super low res.

Who on earth gives someone a flask for Christmas? Sounds like someone did that person a favour.

Abraxas

Their only other RB is Arbeloa isn't it? I suppose they could have played Sergio Ramos at RB and then Varane at CB.

Varane could be quality one day, but I doubt he's ready for 1st team, but i dont watch enough of him to judge really. Decent FullBacks are in short supply, seems surprising as it is an integral position in modern football.

Roma fans, what happened to Dodó? Seemed in good form at the start of the year, what happened to him?

Jarnet87

Varane could be quality one day, but I doubt he's ready for 1st team, but i dont watch enough of him to judge really. Decent FullBacks are in short supply, seems surprising as it is an integral position in modern football.

Roma fans, what happened to Dodó? Seemed in good form at the start of the year, what happened to him?

Barcelona and Real should have much better defenders, but I guess I don't blame them too much for ignoring their weakness. Both teams play maybe a handful of games where their defense actually comes into play. They can absolutely smash everyone else in the league and in the early stages of Champions League. Gotta keep them fans happy with expensive players who score goals.

Griezmann to PSG should be a done deal according to Spanish papers.

€30m

Yeah, that is beyond nailed on. He said the PSG project is "amazing" a month ago, they want young French talent, and his release clause is "only" €30m. Lavezzi is totally droppable too.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Cavani-sama. Lucas has been coming into his own in 2014, and now they're getting a top left-winger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom