• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why does motes hate Adnan :(

He's just a kid, this is what happens to most youngsters thrust into the first team, they burn out. A teenager doesn't have the mental or physical stature to play a full season in the first XI.

Honestly I have no faith in us even getting a draw, I'll take anything that isn't a brutal curbstomp

Us losing my get this Moyes Out business back on track. Plus it might bury Liverpool's title chances for good.

He's just a kid, this is what happens to most youngsters thrust into the first team, they burn out. A teenager doesn't have the mental or physical stature to play a full season in the first XI.

I don't see how he's burned out. He's only started 3 games in two months. He hasn't really had a chance to have a series of bad games to where you can point out to him being burned out.

WJD

we're gonna do them

Like the team. First time Moyes has gone with 3 in midfield? Should give Mata and Welbeck more licence to roam in theory.

pulga

Banned
I think others would back me up and say there was little to no sarcasm involved in the gushing Cleverley received by United fans in here last season.

i remember a time when they believed their shit wes, you're not far off

back then liverpool fans were peddling jonjo

Slizz

At some point it turned into sarcasm, but there was genuine hype for him at one point.

Right when he came up like 2-3 seasons ago the hype was legit, then with decent, almost invisible performances it started to get a bit more sarcastic. Then he'd get a random assist or even rarer a goal and the hype would creep back up, but slowly get replaced to sarcasm. Cue last year when it pretty much turned into full sarcasm including the Newcastle goal.

Wilbur

Banned
At some point it turned into sarcasm, but there was genuine hype for him at one point.

To be fair there was a period where he'd come off two good loan spells with Watford and Wigan, changed the game against City in the Community Shield, and was part of that early run where we beat Arsenal 8-2, Bolton 5-0. He does have good technical skill, he just has absolutely no adventure to his game.

Salvadora

Right when he came up like 2-3 seasons ago the hype was legit, then with decent, almost invisible performances it started to get a bit more sarcastic. Then he'd get a random assist or even rarer a goal and the hype would creep back up, but slowly get replaced to sarcasm. Cue last year when it pretty much turned into full sarcasm including the Newcastle goal.
Adnan-esque gifs of Cleverly were all the rage.

pulga

Banned
Nah, pretty sure it was sarcasm. I even joined in lol.

Btw pulga, 3-4.

btw footballfan your're still 3rd laaaaaawwwwlll

1174915_722226694502915_66901868_n.jpg

Meier

Junior Malanda ends up being a freaking beast in FIFA Career mode. Just scored his first goal for Wolfsburg I see.

Poor Hertha Berlin are already losing. I was hoping they'd do well since John Anthony Brooks is playing today.

WJD

To be fair there was a period where he'd come off two good loan spells with Watford and Wigan, changed the game against City in the Community Shield, and was part of that early run where we beat Arsenal 8-2, Bolton 5-0. He does have good technical skill, he just has absolutely no adventure to his game.

Pretty much. He genuinely improved the way we played at the beginning of 11-12 and, following Scholes' retirement, we were looking for a direct replacement. So when someone from our own academy comes through showing real promise in that same position I'd say we were justified in getting a little carried away. Then the injuries hit and those tongues stuck themselves firmly into cheeks.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Obviously you can only beat what's in front of you but Moyes seems a bit too confident after wins against bottom feeders like Olympiakos, Albion and West Ham. He most be on glue to start Cleverley tonight.

I thought Shelvey could go on to become a kind of Toure-lite, using his physicality to start from deep and burst past the midfield into attack

This was based solely on his body shape.

What an idiot.

Meier

and holy fuck doicare lol

http://i.imgur.com/9jVjGw2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Speaking of doicare. I about had an aneurysm thanks to this game I played in FUT recently. I scored 3 goals despite having 12 on target out of 14 attempts. Other team took just 7 shots, all on goal, all IN goal. -____- Hugo Lloris has not been very good for me.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjTu7uXCIAANVrj.jpg

Salazar

Well at least you got him back from injuries now, it's hard going through the millions of Clev-God posts and links to youtube compilations of his sideways passes

There's one Clev compilation in particular, of a game against Spurs. He was super.

And oi, I just agreed that Clev was important. It was important that he played well and stayed fit. Not my fucking fault he didn't.

Speaking of doicare. I about had an aneurysm thanks to this game I played in FUT recently. I scored 3 goals despite having 12 on target out of 14 attempts. Other team took just 7 shots, all on goal, all IN goal. -____- Hugo Lloris has not been very good for me.

BjTu7uXCIAANVrj.jpg

That's just how it is being City
XzRxIyg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom