• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Where the fuck is Ramsey? I was under the impression that he shoulda been, by the original estimate, back by Chelsea (or earlier). And he's still MIA.

Don't want to pull the doicare injury card, but we're missing an integral part of the squad and by far our best player. Walcott especially, too.

The bigger problem is not the injury, but the position that it indicates the team is in. I mean for fucks sake, we were told TWO seasons ago that the days of relying on a SINGLE young, prolific and injury prone player was over. The days of "No Fabregas, no win" supposedly ended with the depth we have. And yet, here we are with Ramsey, who has been missing since boxing day, as our second highest goalscorer.

You're right, we shouldn't pull the injury card, and it's a joke that we still rely on that one decent player lifting the whole team. It's a joke for supposed "title-contenders".

Lol only 70 fans celebrating Bayerns championship in Munich city... We are too spoiled. Last year were thousands on the street.

That's most definitely not true.

I remember very well that I made lots of jokes with pics in which you saw like 5 Bayern fans on a street celebrating and the whole traffic not giving a single fuck.

Seen Scholes on Arsenal, and he's spot on.

Is there a clip of him giving it to United. Because that's the one I really want to see.
101 has a short one.

He wasn't as harsh as he would have been in private. But still interesting stuff.

Can't believe this utter shithouse can come our after a display like that and tell us we aspire to be like City. The mind truly boggles.

Wilbur

Banned
Aggregate score of 1-11 against us and City

14-1 when you add in Chelsea
dwgirIQ.png

14-2 when you add in Arsenal

dwgirIQ.png

Ultimatum

Banned
don't worry once you replace ferdinand, evra, carrick, cleverly, fellaini, and rooney then you'll be solid top 3 again

also moyes seems kinda dumb but there's only a couple of managers in the world who could do well with the pile of shit fergie abandoned

Wes

venison crêpe
I think when Mourinho got sacked by Chelsea his last league defeat was by Villa and concluded with a loss in Europe.

Who has Moyes got next? Villa then Bayern.

Just kidding. Villa are not allowed to beat United.

Wes

venison crêpe
What's this nations league stuff.

Sounds dumb.

Something to replace friendlies, make them more appealing:

"All Uefa's members divided into a series of perhaps nine divisions based on their recent results, with promotion and relegation following each round of matches.

The winner of the first division would be Uefa's Nations League champion and win a substantial prize, with the bottom team in each division being relegated in favour of the winner of the tier below."

Neville sounds like he's had enough of Moyes. Doesn't think chucking money will solve anything if the current team isn't doing anything right now. It's too bad he will stick by the managers need time shit.

arkon

I think when Mourinho got sacked by Chelsea his last league defeat was by Villa and concluded with a loss in Europe.

Who has Moyes got next? Villa then Bayern.

Just kidding. Villa are not allowed to beat United.

This season is as good as any to do it in.

Arnie

Stolen from Twitter:

Hodgson after EFC 2-0 LFC: "A result here would have been Utopia."
Moyes tonight: "It's the sort of standard and level we aspire to."

Scum

Moyes should have :-

Kept the backroom staff.
Sold Rooney for £45m.
Transfer listed Evra, Vidic, Valencia, Nani, Buttner and Young.
Gone shopping for a LB, CB, DM/MC, MC and a AM RL.
Retrain Welbeck into a AM LR/ST.
Retired Rio and Giggs.

/FM2014

Neville sounds like he's had enough of Moyes. Doesn't think chucking money will solve anything if the current team isn't doing anything right now. It's too bad he will stick by the managers need time shit.
They're all gonna say that publicly.

Probably cos Froggie is telling them but also cos they all want a shot at the job and don't wanna look like they had anything to do with a potential sacking.

Wilbur

Banned
Hopefully there's Neville videos knocking about. I'm watching Ghostbusters right now.

Something to replace friendlies, make them more appealing:

"All Uefa's members divided into a series of perhaps nine divisions based on their recent results, with promotion and relegation following each round of matches.

The winner of the first division would be Uefa's Nations League champion and win a substantial prize, with the bottom team in each division being relegated in favour of the winner of the tier below."

I'm confused.

what

K1LLER7

Was a big supporter at the start of the season. Funny to see how even he has become less fond of Moyes over the season.

------

GAME OF THRONES April 7th!!! :D

Salvadora

Scholes' comments regarding Wilshere were strange.

He isn't the same player he was at 17, and his whole situation is pretty transparent. Improved immensely as he got older, plagued by long-term injury and has struggled for any kind of consistency since. To put it down to lack of leadership on the pitch is just odd.

jtb

Banned
The bigger problem is not the injury, but the position that it indicates the team is in. I mean for fucks sake, we were told TWO seasons ago that the days of relying on a SINGLE young, prolific and injury prone player was over. The days of "No Fabregas, no win" supposedly ended with the depth we have. And yet, here we are with Ramsey, who has been missing since boxing day, as our second highest goalscorer.

You're right, we shouldn't pull the injury card, and it's a joke that we still rely on that one decent player lifting the whole team. It's a joke for supposed "title-contenders".

the lack of depth is problematic, but I think the bigger problem is a lot simpler: the reason we had a "no Fabregas, no win" mentality is because Fabregas was a world class player. similar thing with RVP. Wenger still has not replaced them. He hasn't even replaced Adebayor ffs. the depth is fine, I think, but the standard of the team is simply not high enough and has probably dropped since then.

Giroud is not good enough and it's safe to say he never will be. He's fucking shit and is the worst first choice striker amongst the top seven by a good country mile. Soldado, Adebayor, Lukaku, fucking Torres; I don't care, Giroud is shit.

Arteta was a good stopgap, he's played well for the club in a tough period, but he's not good enough either. Flamini is a stop gap. Wilshere has regressed and is not good enough. You can play one of those three in a midfield 3 alongside two world class players (I'll consider Ozil world class) but no more. Ox is not a central midfielder and never has been; one good performance against a moribund Milan midfield (a fucking terrible Milan side, outside of Ibra, at that) does not a world class central midfielder make.

Ozil was the right purchase, a long-term solution in a crucial area of the pitch, in the wrong position. Now Wenger or whoever needs to do that in midfield and again up front before he can even contemplate buying another flashy attacking midfielder. Wenger has spent too many seasons papering over the cracks instead of actually providing long term fixes to these problems and until someone makes those purchases, this squad simply isn't good enough to challenge for the title.

Scum

Hopefully there's Neville videos knocking about. I'm watching Ghostbusters right now.

I'm confused.

what

Great film.

He isn't the same player he was at 17, and his whole situation is pretty transparent. Improved immensely as he got older, plagued by long-term injury and has struggled for any kind of consistency since. To put it down to lack of leadership on the pitch is just odd.
Sell him to United.

bobito

Banned

I think wilshere would benefit from someone telling him to pack in all the moaning he does concentrate on his football. But I do get what you mean.

jtb

Banned

Wilshere is immature and lacks discipline. I don't disagree that a leader in the dressing room could help solve those two problems and help Wilshere channel the cuntiness into winning football matches rather than whiny petulance. Wenger has built him up as Arsenal's messiah, good to have players there to bring him back to earth and remind him he's proven fuck all since returning from injury.

Wilbur

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/6wbeSTa.jpg[/IG]

Can anyone actually pronounce that? Bizarre. Would have thought just gone in 43 seconds would have been fine.[/QUOTE]

DJEKONDS

fucking hate newspapers

FUCKIGN HSAT E MOES YZE]

IM DRENABR

BREAKING

SHUT DWON

100∞ IN OPERATON

START SHOFTER

SOFTREWARE

BREAKJJJJJ

TIME AMHCINE BACK UP

WIBLR XDEAD

Salvadora

Wilshere is immature and lacks discipline. I don't disagree that a leader in the dressing room could help solve those two problems and help Wilshere channel the cuntiness into winning football matches rather than whiny petulance. Wenger has built him up as Arsenal's messiah, good to have players there to bring him back to earth and remind him he's proven fuck all since returning from injury.
Well, of course, but I was refuting Scholes' claim that Jacky is the same player he was at 17 and that it's because we don't have leaders.

His demeanor could be solved by Arsene taking him to the side and telling him to man the fuck up. It isn't like we have to play him either.

Wilbur

Banned
Could you imagine that?

They really did put the boot in far more than say, Hansen and Lawrenson do. Far more relevant and recent links to the club as well. Now all we need is Giggs to be caught with Moyes' daughter and we're fucking SORTED

Could you imagine that?
I think that's absolutely what's happening.

Scholes shuns the media for his entire career and then turns up tonight? Maybe I'm just desperate but I think that lot are going to make a play at some stage and this is as good a time as any.

Giggs has already been doing his best.

Wilbur

Banned
I think that's absolutely what's happening.

Scholes shuns the media for his entire career and then turns up tonight? Maybe I'm just desperate but I think that lot are going to make a play at some stage and this is as good a time as any.

Giggs has already been doing his best.

ohshit.gif

How the fuck would ex-United players even launch a 'coup'? :lol.

What Viva said. Plus Nev has a rep as the best pundit around, people listen to his shit.

This is happening.

Giggs as manager. Neville and Scholes as first team coaches. Beckham in marketing. Rooney as ambassador and club owner.

ohshit.gif

What Viva said. Plus Nev has a rep as the best pundit around, people listen to his shit.

This is happening.

Giggs as manager. Neville and Scholes as first team coaches. Beckham in marketing. Rooney as ambassador and club owner.

Excellent.

Phil Neville as Fred the Red too.

Arnie

fucking lol you've lost it lads

Nicky Butt locks Moyesey in his car and Scholes sticks a banana skin on the floor outside Steve Round's front door. Gary gives Phil a scolding and Giggsy takes training.

21 times 21 times man united...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom