• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Bjmkn6aCAAAS91G.png

u wot m8

What exactly are they threatening, I haven't followed it too much. What exactly could (realistically) change now to the worse?

Honest question, because in the official thread I've seen nothing concrete, other than the usual "OMG, I'll have to log in to Facebook to use it" stuff.

You think Facebook see Oculus primarily a gaming product in the long term? I doubt that.

"Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play and communicate."

velociraptor

Fuck off. I hope we don't even qualify to top four anymore. We need to be punished.
It's not going to do anything.

Arsenal have been punished for years. We've lost so many games in the past few years. However, it hasn't changed anything. Wenger has never changes his tactics.

Our build up is atrocious. We have no tempo in our play. And our squad is fucking shit. Giroud can fuck off.

This is all Wenger's fault.

Juicy Bob

Just going to foolishly barge into this thread like a drunken fool into a wild west saloon to randomly declare that Swansea waz robbed by the final whistle.

Clegg

First time this season where we haven't heard sustained cheering for Moyes by the home fans.

The fans haven't turned against him yet, but they're not as vocal in their support for him.

velociraptor

You think Facebook see Oculus primarily a gaming product in the long term? I doubt that.

"Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play and communicate."
Yeah I've lost all interest in OR ever since the announcement. FB is garbage.

Tc91

"We just tried to make it hard for them"

"We need to aspire to be at City's level"

We won the fucking league last year you absolute dipshit. We were at City's level before that goblin fuck came in.

Must have got to the point by now where the money men are figuring out how much of a risk Moyes is to the finances in terms of competition and qualification winnings, sponsorship deals, worldwide merchandise/MUTV-subs, possible wasted transfer fees and wages etc, compared to how much money they'd lose sacking him and paying him off.

This team is going nowhere under him, other than down. The only justification for keeping him around now (let alone letting him waste tens of millions in the summer) is the stupid sense of superiority amongst the club and fanbase which had them trying to convince other fans that they were more patient that everyone else, even to the point that Moyes was given 3 more years in his starting contract than you'd expect any manager to be given, and that's without even considering the huge gamble he was.

The fact of the matter is, sometimes managers need to go for the club to progress. Giving someone free reign and time to drag you down into the gutter just to save a slither of face while everyone is laughing at you is foolish, simple as that.

He deserves to be sacked. He's not got it in him to handle a club of Man Utd's size, it's plain as day. Nobody would look at Man Utd sacking Moyes as anything approaching a hasty decision, evidence of the modern game being too impatient. A man makes mistakes. A moron sticks by his mistakes.

Jack cw

Sacking Moyes is easy but there is no manager on the market that could help the club becoming top level again. The best 5 coaches are tied at their clubs for years and the lack of alternatives makes this topic so hard I guess.

RIP in peace, Oculus Rift.

So what exactly will change about the device and development kits? What part of Oculus Rift is absolutely unique to gaming and would have no use whatsoever elsewhere?

Look, I can't predict the future.

But I don't see branching out as a good thing. Look at the Xbox One.

Leg-End

Must have got to the point by now where the money men are figuring out how much of a risk Moyes is to the finances in terms of competition and qualification winnings, sponsorship deals, worldwide merchandise/MUTV-subs, possible wasted transfer fees and wages etc, compared to how much money they'd lose sacking him and paying him off.

This team is going nowhere under him, other than down. The only justification for keeping him around now (let alone letting him waste tens of millions in the summer) is the stupid sense of superiority amongst the club and fanbase which had them trying to convince other fans that they were more patient that everyone else, even to the point that Moyes was given 3 more years in his starting contract than you'd expect any manager to be given, and that's without even considering the huge gamble he was.

The fact of the matter is, sometimes managers need to go for the club to progress. Giving someone free reign and time to drag you down into the gutter just to save a slither of face while everyone is laughing at you is foolish, simple as that.

He deserves to be sacked. He's not got it in him to handle a club of Man Utd's size, it's plain as day. Nobody would look at Man Utd sacking Moyes as anything approaching a hasty decision, evidence of the modern game being too impatient. A man makes mistakes. A moron sticks by his mistakes.

Preach it.

TrueBlue

This is true, just look at Liverpool.

Sacking Moyes is easy but there is no manager on the market that could help the club becoming top level again. The best 5 coaches are tied at their clubs for years and the lack of alternatives makes this topic so hard I guess.

Yes there is no manager that can live up to the standards the mighty ginger goblin has set.

Any fucking manager will do better than this fuck.

Abraxas

Just make Wenger and Moyes swap positions at the end of the season. Then both clubs can be happy.

I think the problem for Arsenal this year is that we've lost that cheerful pessimism we've had since 08/09. We have been far to upbeat since about game 10 this year, thank god for that Villa loss. Ozil was the worst thing that ever happened to us, and now we need something to make us go into every game expecting an embarrassing loss. There is only one solution.

#MoyesIn.

Meier

Not as good when you watch it again, the defending was fucking shockingly bad.

Oh yeah, the defending was poor, but that kind of energy, pace and dynamism just isn't there for United. Adnan offers some of it but obviously isn't providing that box to box support that Barkley does. United are just so stagnant right now.

TrueBlue

Chelsea easiest run in.

They should win it.

Disagree. It goes without saying that Liverpool at Anfield (or in general, the way they're playing) will be difficult. The other teams could all be in the relegation scrap as well, which means they'll be desperate to get some points.

EDIT: Not saying that we don't have a chance, I'm just not confident so long as it's in the hands of other teams.

This is true, just look at Liverpool.

Yep. Moyes reeks of Hodgson, who himself reeks of Werther's Originals mixed with the stench of negativity, and the whiff of defeat.

We had to sack Hodgson. Had to. And Kenny, as heartbreaking as it was (must have been worse for the old-timers) was taking us down as well after he'd done an admirable job of stabilising us after Royston, even though bad finishing was responsible for many of the defeats suffered under him.

And look at Chelsea. So many sackings that make you think they've been hasty, but they always work out

Madrid are Chelsea, but they do it wrong

Meier

Chelsea easiest run in.

They should win it.

If we beat Arsenal this weekend, I think we've got a great chance. A draw and I'm less confident. Liverpool and Everton away plus Soton at Home are all difficult matches. We have struggled mightily at Everton in years past.

avaya

Anyone would be smart to get Van Gaal. He would be perfect for Yanited and perfect for Arsenal.

Any Wenger apologist deserves to be shot in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom