• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I wanted us to win that one because it's City, but if losing a few pointless matches to some teams well below us means Moyes is out by the end of the summer, I may well take it

oh how the narrative has changed

stick by your manager, United
KuGsj.gif

Guardian and Telegraph both say Fergie was at the game and received abuse from fans over his appointment of Moyes.

Starting to get ugly now.

:[ I don't like to hear that.

Fergie was (and forever will be) a legend of the club, the failings of the current manager - regardless of appointment, and most of all, the failings of the players, shouldn't detract from that.

Abraxas

It must be odd for United fans, so used to steamrollering everyone.

If Moyes leaves now, he finished at least in the short run. He'll forever be the man that blew it.

Elchele

mPCX6gv.png

Bayern tonight then. A fitting way to win it. Utter dominance.

I'm glad we won the title and we're dominating our matches, but man, do I missed Heynckes' Bayern today. At least I enjoyed it while it lasted.

edit: my little brother just uploaded a pic in instagram wearing a Dortmund jersey. pls

velociraptor

Anyone would be smart to get Van Gaal. He would be perfect for Yanited and perfect for Arsenal.

Any Wenger apologist deserves to be shot in the face.

Every muppet tells me 'BU-BU-BUT YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE ARSENE WENGER. HE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR THE CLUB. STOP BEING SUCH AN UNGRATEFUL FAN!'

Why has Wenger been elevated to an untouchable status?

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm glad we won the title and we're dominating our matches, but man, do I missed Heynckes' Bayern today. At least I enjoyed it while it lasted.

There was something much more cavalier about Bayern last year from the limited amount I've seen personally. As such I found it more enthralling.

Jarnet87

Blame Ferguson. He's the one who did this shit.

I blame him every time I turn on the tv and have to watch this nightmare of a season. I don't care how great a manager he was, he absolutely screwed the club with this decision.

I can't wait to see Rio out there again on Tuesday, spineless cunt Moyes.

I blame him every time I turn on the tv and have to watch this nightmare of a season. I don't care how great a manager he was, he absolutely screwed the club with this decision.

I can't wait to see Rio out there again on Tuesday, spineless cunt Moyes.

Well if we're going to throw the blame squarely at Moyes, is it not fair to say that the guy was given a promotion and has (so far) utterly failed to live up to the expected standard?

I don't want to see people blaming Ferguson because it again detracts from the numerous issues at the club.

Moyes was decent at Everton, the players in the squad were brilliant last year - this year neither have performed as expected.

Elchele

There was something much more cavalier about Bayern last year from the limited amount I've seen personally. As such I found it more enthralling.

it really was a pleasure to watch. obviously the meltdown of pulling a Neverkusen in all competitions the season before made it all more epic, but I'm pretty sure Heynckes' Bayern was the best football so far in this century

Jarnet87

Well if we're going to throw the blame squarely at Moyes, is it not fair to say that the guy was given a promotion and has (so far) utterly failed to live up to the expected standard?

I don't want to see people blaming Ferguson because it again detracts from the numerous issues at the club.

Moyes was decent at Everton, the players in the squad were brilliant last year - this year neither have performed as expected.

Of course he's failed to live up to expectations. At worst most people figured we'd get a champions league spot.

I think it's fair to blame Fergie because Moyes didn't deserve the job. Jose Mourinho was the right man and he was available.He was the only man with the ego big enough to replace Fergie. Everyone knew how much he respected the club and Ferguson, and it was no secret he had always wanted to manage here.

People who asked us to stand by Moyes because SAF picked him should also understand that he also made the mistake of selling Jaap Stam and Pogba, to name two.

The man is fantastic at managing football, but it doesn't mean his word is law.

pulga

Banned
i remember how once we were laughing at moyseh at a pub during a match and this snoopy cunt gets all up in our faces preaching how we should respect moyes because fergeh chose 'im

i howled and howled

arkon

People who asked us to stand by Moyes because SAF picked him should also understand that he also made the mistake of selling Jaap Stam and Pogba, to name two.

The man is fantastic at managing football, but it doesn't mean his word is law.

Never mind the whole mess that precipitated the coming of the Glazers.

it really was a pleasure to watch. obviously the meltdown of pulling a Neverkusen in all competitions the season before made it all more epic, but I'm pretty sure Heynckes' Bayern was the best football so far in this century

Unfortunately, getting shamed by a team from Belarus automatically disqualifies them from that.

Of course he's failed to live up to expectations. At worst most people figured we'd get a champions league spot.

I think it's fair to blame Fergie because Moyes didn't deserve the job. Jose Mourinho was the right man and he was available.He was the only man with the ego big enough to replace Fergie. Everyone knew how much he respected the club and Ferguson, and it was no secret he had always wanted to manage here.

I was hoping for Mourinho but I still can't imagine that he'd have actually gone for it - not with the opportunity to go back to Chelsea. It wouldn't surprise me if there was potential far earlier but it was obvious that he only really had one club in mind if it were possible.

The most painful thing about tonight is that a decent performance would've continued to allay the fears surrounding this season. Now United will likely go to Villa and (hopefully) get a result but after so much inconsistency in the way United play, it's not going to mean much for another couple of matches :[

Wilbur

Banned
i remember how once we were laughing at moyseh at a pub during a match and this snoopy cunt gets all up in our faces preaching how we should respect moyes because fergeh chose 'im

i howled and howled

Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.

Clegg

If Moyes can't get a result against Villa then he's in real trouble.

But even if the decision is made to sack him, he shouldn't be let go before the Munich tie. It woukd do a new manager no good in having his first game be a comprehensive defeat.

K1LLER7

For me, Moyes needed to pull a Brendan this season. Show positive signs that he's trying to build a team that will play a certain style. That he's trying to adapt and implement change to the team. Put his own stamp on the team!
Yet we've seen none of that this season. Its been 1 step forward, 2 steps back all season long in the league and now fans are turning on him.

The players look like they're just going through the motions with no drive. There are some players who look like they couldn't give a damn. Then we have Moyes continuously coming out to press conferences and interviews and spouting the same old nonsense week after week.

Players and Manager need to go. Start with a clean slate and find a strong manager with a clear vision of what he wants with his team. Give him time in the summer to assess and bring in the type of players he wants/needs.

jesalr

Please. Manchester. Stick by Dinosaur Dave. You have to have faith in the man.

Until we fire Timporary Sherwood and hire Van Gaal.

Please, understand.

Clegg

We still have Southampton and Everton to play too.

Be lucky to get 2 points out of those games with the way we're playing.

Go back to jerking off to Hermione and don't come back here again, even football GAF should have some standards.

We still have Southampton and Everton to play too.

Be lucky to get 2 points out of those games with the way we're playing.

Have you seen Southamptons defending? Young could do some stuff man.

pulga

Banned
Go back to jerking off to Hermione and don't come back here again, even football GAF should have some standards.

Have you seen Southamptons defending? Young could do some stuff man.

Do not pity the dead, Emil. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom