• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Tom Williams @tomwfootball
L'Equipe says PSG at "real risk" of Financial Fair Play punishments. UEFA accountants concerned by Qatar Tourism Authority sponsorship deal.

L'Equipe also says that UEFA accountants found PSG directors "a bit haughty" and "less convincing" than their Man City counterparts.

L'Equipe says PSG at "real risk" of Financial Fair Play punishments. UEFA accountants concerned by Qatar Tourism Authority sponsorship deal.

L'Equipe also says that UEFA accountants found PSG directors "a bit haughty" and "less convincing" than their Man City counterparts.
PSG fail at being an oil club. We're kicking them out of the club.

Blablurn

tumblr_n30mueeVA21rckmiao1_500.jpg

tumblr_n30wpzfHQA1s6646qo2_250.gif
tumblr_n30wpzfHQA1s6646qo4_250.gif

tumblr_n30sl9GmHG1qgmhjro3_250.gif
tumblr_n30sl9GmHG1qgmhjro7_250.gif

tumblr_n30lyc0VmJ1ro94ojo1_250.gif
tumblr_n30lyc0VmJ1ro94ojo4_250.gif

tumblr_n30ih2FinD1rrboavo1_500.jpg

In the last four months we won more titles than Arsenal in the last 7 or 8 years? No idea when their last cup won. It was some random cup competition right?

Blablurn

looool

Anyway, I cant believe people are even daring to critisize pep for playing... boring? The heck. We're scoring beautiful goals all the time. I seriously don't understand what else you want? We even won a title under pep now? And it doesn't matter if we win the CL or not. The league title is the most honest titles as those guys like to say. He proved himself by not even losing one game so far. I'm just grateful that he came to us and took over Jupps team. Not many years ago we lost games like those in Mainz and Berlin. And now it doesn't even look like the other team has a chance. That's probably the best Bayern team I've ever seen. Seriously. I'm watching the games since almost 20 years now and I can't remember such a strong Bayern team. Really grateful. Based Pep.

Jack cw

I can't wait for the Bayern game now.

Will be fucking hilarious.
If Bayern have respect and mercy, its going to be only a 3 or 4 goals difference. But I fear this is going to be a beating for United. If they play with the same slow pace and planless tactics like yesterday then this might end very bad for them.
looool

Anyway, I cant believe people are even daring to critisize pep for playing... boring? The heck. We're scoring beautiful goals all the time. I seriously don't understand what else you want? We even won a title under pep now? And it doesn't matter if we win the CL or not. The league title is the most honest titles as those guys like to say. He proved himself by not even losing one game so far. I'm just grateful that he came to us and took over Jupps team. Not many years ago we lost games like those in Mainz and Berlin. And now it doesn't even look like the other team has a chance. That's probably the best Bayern team I've ever seen. Seriously. I'm watching the games since almost 20 years now and I can't remember such a strong Bayern team. Really grateful. Based Pep.
Absolutely. All the Pep hate is so daft and childish. We are on a new level and with him we are favourite in all competitions for the years to come. Never thought a german club could play that role, but it was hard work, like this championship. We are scoring more goals, have more chances, more dominance, run more, concede far less goals and the most important thing: We have a variety in playstyle that I havent seen before. From tiki-taka to Heynckes attack-football, box to box play and incredible counters. This Bayern is the closest that ever came to voetbal total.

qindarka

Banned

Is the world ready for Ibra and Cavani to lead the line for Mourinho next season?

$200

Banned
No one here is talking about the Asian Cup draw?

Group A: Australia, South Korea, Oman, Kuwait.

Group B: Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea.

Group C: Iran, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain.

Group D: Japan, Jordan, Iraq, Winner AFC Challenge Cup.

dc89

Of course they are less convincing, City have one of the most ambitious projects in world football going down!

City have always said, since the takeover, that they have a really good relationship with UEFA and they have worked with UEFA to be compliant with FFP. We've not stuck our head in the sand about it. We have nothing to hide.

sohois

City take their window dressing seriously. PSG barely make token efforts to look like they are complying, I wonder if the Qataris feel they can just get bribe their way through anything like they did with the World Cup?

Linius

No one here is talking about the Asian Cup draw?

Group A: Australia, South Korea, Oman, Kuwait.

Group B: Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea.

Group C: Iran, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain.

Group D: Japan, Jordan, Iraq, Winner AFC Challenge Cup.

Not many people from those countries who post here, so that's why I guess :p

Looking at these countries I'd say South Korea, Japan and Australia are prime candidates to win this cup.

qindarka

Banned
City take their window dressing seriously. PSG barely make token efforts to look like they are complying, I wonder if the Qataris feel they can just get bribe their way through anything like they did with the World Cup?

Perhaps they're counting on FFP being challenged in the courts.

If Bayern have respect and mercy, its going to be only a 3 or 4 goals difference. But I fear this is going to be a beating for United. If they play with the same slow pace and planless tactics like yesterday then this might end very bad for them.
Show us no mercy pls. We deserve whats coming for appointing this turd as manager.
/

http://www.howmanypremierleaguemedalshasstevengerrardwon.com

#dead

sohois

Perhaps they're counting on FFP being challenged in the courts.

I've seen City fans say that they would challenge FFP if it came down on them, but honestly I really don't see how there is a case. Teams don't have a 'right' of entry into the Champions League, particularly when it is essentially a private competition run by UEFA. They are free to set the rules of entry.

I used to be for FFP, but if all English clubs evade it we might as well cancel the farce altogether.
That's exactly what will happen.

FFP isn't gonna stop any club which already got rich. Will just stop anybody else from joining the party.

Clubs like City are selling spreadsheets for millions of pounds to their subsidiaries. They will sail past it.

In all seriousness, could Bayern hit double figures over the 2 legs against Man Utd if they don't let up?

I think Man Utd will play with much more intensity, and be more defensively attentive, so I don't think it will happen. It could though, if Moyes puts the wrong personnel out there and they're not sufficiently motivated

I don't think that will happen. Both teams know that a lot is at stake, so you won't see Bayern enter the match guns blazing and you will have United do all they can - even if they have to copy e.g. Mainz or Berlin - to prevent from going down.

Again, while United is the clear underdog, I don't think they have no chance. Bayern is susceptible to counters, something that United could and should make use of. Of course things could very well go horribly wrong for United, but double digits? No fucking way. Not even close.

If you can hit 7 against Barcelona, you can hit 10 against Moyeschester United :p

uk7XLmM.png

Easy money. Nearly put Augsburg in it as well :p

pls don't let me down Liverpool

I'm not saying it's impossible, but given how we've played this season in Champions League it seems unlikely.

Do it pls. Even if it would force the board's hand in sacking Moyes, the luls would keep me nourished for months to come. I want the Old Trafford boos to be heard in Maidenhead

I'm quite impressed with the lack of boos so far tbh

Jack cw

In all seriousness, could Bayern hit double figures over the 2 legs against Man Utd if they don't let up?

I think Man Utd will play with much more intensity, and be more defensively attentive, so I don't think it will happen. It could though, if Moyes puts the wrong personnel out there and they're not sufficiently motivated

Parking the bus against this Bayern is the worst United could do. We are not dependant on one player like Messi that is the only one able to work as a bottle opener. Müller, Robben, Götze, Ribery, Kroos and Schweinsteiger are all waiting to run into the last line of defence in order to overload and break them. The teams so far that made us problems were the ones who pressed us high and aggressively, especially putting pressure on our fullbacks. That forced our midfield to position itself way more behind and our wingers and CAM couldnt break through that often. Its incredibly hard though, because the whole team has to run at least 10 miles more than Bayern in order to keep this tactic and you need at least 2 early goals to have a chance for a win. There is always a chance but Bayern is focused and will use every gap United offers.

Do it pls. Even if it would force the board's hand in sacking Moyes, the luls would keep me nourished for months to come. I want the Old Trafford boos to be heard in Maidenhead

I'm quite impressed with the lack of boos so far tbh

This.

Here's the difference between the season Liverpool finished 7th (or somewhere like that) vs United. Liverpool did play some good games that season, I still remember there were games where they seemed to do everything right except they kept hitting the posts or the GK instead of the net. United have had what, 2-3 good games this season where we may have looked like a good attacking team?

It's not that we are losing, it's that Moyes has made us complete sissies.

I think United will do Bayern. Watching United last night it's important to take away a lot of positives from the performance. Moyes' tactical awareness is greater than Pep and that will show over the two legs.

Jimrpg

Pretty much everything went Everton's way today...

- great away win at Newcastle (they really are a shadow of the team they were at the start of the season without cabaye)

- Manchester United losing giving us a 6 point gap with a game in hand.

- Arsenal calamity own goal at the death to draw the Swansea game... meaning Champions League race is open again... when we were at least 11 points off fourth last week. Everton play Arsenal at home plus have a game in hand against Palace and given current form, there's a lot to be optimistic about.

Also I don't agree with people blaming Ferguson for recommending Moyes. This is all down to Moyes. Yeah he was pretty good at Everton, but he could never beat the top sides on a consistent basis DESPITE playing great football against the lower sides, and if you're fighting for the title you need to beat your rivals. I thought he would be able to step up this season, but he clearly hasn't and is way too stubborn to take a clue. I remember when he was at Everton and he used Saha for half a season when he had scored 2 goals in 20 games... it was ridiculous, and he wouldn't consider the other strikers he had - Vellios, Anichebe, Straqulursi... the Straq in the few games he played showed something. In short, Moyes is the most stubborn manager - especially when you consider the other top managers have A LOT of flexibility with their strategy, he doesn't seem to have one. Also he's hopeless with strikers.... all the ones we had showed lots of promise when they arrived to really turn into obscurity towards the end.... Yakubu, Saha, Andy Johnson, Beattie list goes on. He turns them into workhorses that do all the hard running and they are too knackered to score afterwards. When I watch Van Persie play this year I want to cry, guy deserves some decent service, but he gets nothing played to him at his feet.

Can't wait to see Matri's hattrick tonight. It'll be glorious.

--

Oh and congrats BayernGAF, that's what I'd like to see happen to us sooner or later. Dominate a championship like that it's the dream, even better when you're still in the CL and the national cup and have more than a shot to win both of them.

Dark Souls 2 is incredible btw

So much fun just progressing through the game, not knowing what's around the next corner, getting gradually stronger

Not too impressed by the relative lack of interconnectivity between areas compared to DS1, but it's a minor complaint

We have spent 64.6m on two duds so far, why is everyone in the media so confident Moyes will be successful when he spends twice or three times as much in the summer?

Are the Glazers and Fergie crazy enough to let this guy burn that much money?

Salazar

We have spent 64.6m on two duds so far, why is everyone in the media so confident Moyes will be successful when he spends twice or three times as much in the summer?

Are the Glazers and Fergie crazy enough to let this guy burn that much money?

Mata's a good acquisition. Fellaini should follow Moyes when he goes.

Mata's a good acquisition. Fellaini should follow Moyes when he goes.

Don't get me wrong I love Mata, I think he can be brilliant, it's just that he will never be able to play in his full potential in this squad especially when RVP returns and Rooney runs the no.10 show again.

This way we just waste cash and waste a good player playing out of position. If Kagawa is anything to go by, Mata will turn into a flop, and this transfer might damage his career.

Feorax

Don't get me wrong I love Mata, I think he can be brilliant, it's just that he will never be able to play in his full potential in this squad especially when RVP returns and Rooney runs the no.10 show again.

This way we just waste cash and waste a good player playing out of position. If Kagawa is anything to go by, Mata will turn into a flop, and this transfer might damage his career.

I'd say it's pretty likely at this point that Mata won't be going to the world cup. He's played well at times, but contributed very little of importance this season to either Chelsea or United.

The lad has fallen far.

@physioroom: #TS "We're pleased to see (Chiriches) back in training this week & we're looking to drop him back into Fridays U21 game vs AFC at the Lane

Might be a bit much to ask of him to make the weekend against us.

velociraptor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PgWlRgRaN0

Paul Scholes is spot on. This Arsenal team is made of cotton wool. We're garbage, and I think it's all Wenger's fault. His weak mentality rubs off on the players and there doesn't seem to be an ounce of discipline in any of our teams.

Strangely enough, we showed excellent discipline against Barcelona, Dortmund, Liverpool (earlier), and Bayern Munich (away). I know the team is capable of playing well without going gung ho and without a gameplan, but hey, we seem to crumble at the sight of British teams.

SAVE US KLOPP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom