• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Its close enough to the end of the season where they may as well give him another year.

Oh aye, that's almost a certainty.

He'll be given £150m to splurge on talented players, stick them in defensive drills all day and we'll just end up in the exact same position next season, but without the convenient excuse that our players aren't good enough. The predictability of it all is what makes me so sad.

Clegg

Scholes had a right go at our midfield. Says they lack the balls to try the 50/50 pass. Didn't seem to have much time for Fellaini.

What's going to fuck me off with this whole Moyes experiment we embarked on will be the number of genuinely talented managers we'll miss out on in the process.

What's the bet we end up with fucking Di Matteo or Neil Lennon?

Clegg

I think he could go at the end of the season depending on results. I'm not talking about the Bayern games because we're expected to lose those (which is heartbreaking in its own right) but the games against Everton and Southampton. Very bad results against Bayern may play a factor too.

Abraxas

I think it's the opposite baby

That makes no sense at all.

I think that the main thing for united is to go into the new transfer window with some degree of continuity. Coming from a non-united-fan, you guys need to chalk up this year as a total loss. IF moyes can make 3-5 decent signings, starting day 1 of the window, signings that he wants and the club needs, you have a chance. If you swap now, so see another confused policy next window, a new backroom staff, and the same problems.

Oh aye, that's almost a certainty.

He'll be given £150m to splurge on talented players, stick them in defensive drills all day and we'll just end up in the exact same position next season, but without the convenient excuse that our players aren't good enough. The predictability of it all is what makes me so sad.

It beleieve that moyes is, and has been, incapable of managing good quality technical players. He can only coach hard running donkeys. At everton, i feel. Lik he bumbled into all of his decent players by accident. If Reus goes i'll cry.

LegoArmo

I think he could go at the end of the season depending on results. I'm not talking about the Bayern games because we're expected to lose those (which is heartbreaking in its own right) but the game against Everton and Southampton. Very bad results against Bayern may play a factor too.

I kind of think he could lose every single game and not be sacked.

Wilbur

Banned
What's going to fuck me off with this whole Moyes experiment we embarked on will be the number of genuinely talented managers we'll miss out on in the process.

What's the bet we end up with fucking Di Matteo or Neil Lennon?

Few journos mentioning last night the fact we didn't hold interviews was mad

I think that the main thing for united is to go into the new transfer window with some degree of continuity. Coming from a non-united-fan, you guys need to chalk up this year as a total loss. IF moyes can make 3-5 decent signings, starting day 1 of the window, signings that he wants and the club needs, you have a chance. If you swap now, so see another confused policy next window, a new backroom staff, and the same problems.

It beleieve that moyes is, and has been, incapable of managing good quality technical players. He can only coach hard running donkeys. At everton, i feel. Lik he bumbled into all of his decent players by accident. If Reus goes i'll cry.

Not every change of manager goes as badly as Moyes. Look at all the other teams that changed manager and are doing absolutely fine.

Fear that we'll do another Moyes is not a valid reason not to get rid of Moyes.

It's like staying with an abusive husband because maybe your new boyfriend might also beat you.

Salazar

Scholes had a right go at our midfield. Says they lack the balls to try the 50/50 pass. Didn't seem to have much time for Fellaini.

He's dead right.

They'd rather push it wide to someone whose only option is to circulate it back across the defence. Rafael was garbage last night, but there wouldn't have been much point banging crosses in anyway. We exerted no pressure on their CBs, really. The only times Kompany and Michelle got into trouble were when they came out wide. We should have been squaring them up and giving them problems in front of their goal. Drive a pass on the ground at someone in a position to turn and smack it. It's how you fucking get goals. It's how bog standard five-a-side games are decided. The principle holds.

Abraxas

Not every change of manager goes as badly as Moyes. Look at all the other teams that changed manager and are doing absolutely fine.

Fear that we'll do another Moyes is not a valid reason not to get rid of Moyes.

It's like staying with an abusive husband because maybe your new boyfriend might also beat you.

I get what you are saying. However, who is out their who is, in effect, as good as fergie who seems to be the only one capable of managing the team. If you sack moyes, why would a Klopp or a Löw want to come? The number of top managers is very limited and The team is arse, regardless of the name, and they lack the oil money to instantly correct it. So, most likely you end up with someone just as inexperienced, And likely just as bad. Thats leaving your abusive boyfriend and then going for his shifty brother.

Salazar

If you sack moyes, why would a Klopp or a Löw want to come?

One would expect at least a few of the candidates to be intelligent men. And the thought that flashes across every intelligent mind when considering the Moyes tenure can be paraphrased thus:

I could not, even bending all my powers to that end, do a worse job of it than that slimy, gutless bastard.

Sacking Moyes isn't going to make an intelligent manager with a modicum of self-esteem think "gosh, I'd go the same way. Better stay clear".

LegoArmo

Team's not arse, it's last seasons champions with 2 team of the season players added in. Some players are getting a bit old, but the money's there to replace them.

I get what you are saying. However, who is out their who is, in effect, as good as fergie who seems to be the only one capable of managing the team. If you sack moyes, why would a Klopp or a Löw want to come? The number of top managers is very limited and The team is arse, regardless of the name, and they lack the oil money to instantly correct it. So, most likely you end up with someone just as inexperienced, And likely just as bad. Thats leaving your abusive boyfriend and then going for his shifty brother.

This would be many a manager's dream job. Ridiculous prestige and size. A decent but declining team with huge amounts of money available for re-shaping it. Also can't look worse than the last guy.

Can't think of many managers that wouldn't want it.

No :lol why would it be?

Cause it's Infamous

ibp8j2b5l8UpSp.gif

Anyone here playing MGS: GZ?

Despite the price I think it's the best MGS game I've played, gameplay wise.

I kind of want to play it, the gameplay looks great but no way I'm paying that much for it. Also I do hope the codec screens makes it into the new one.

LegoArmo

Take Liverpool for example, they finished, what, 7th or 8th last season? The team they start most games now, besides Mignolet, were all at the club last year.

That's largely down to the manager, philosophy, tactics. Some individual players have improved, but one bad season doesn't mean the team is shit.

Wilbur

Banned
'Cause you're a shit gamer, you're not at all like us gaming nerds.
<3 The petition, Wilbur. Please use the hair to make a glorious beard that will make you look even more like Tim Schafer.

Infamous is well casual, it's almost impossible to die and I get to blow everything up.

And pls I need more people to sign it to make the dream happen xoxo

pulga

Banned
Infamous is well casual, it's almost impossible to die and I get to blow everything up.

And pls I need more people to sign it to make the dream happen xoxo

were there batteries, puzzle pieces and other shiny trinkets to collect and amuse you

Anyone that will focus on attacking modern football will be an upgrade over Moyes however inexperienced.

I loved inFamous, want to get that Plat.

Infamous 1 was my favourite Platinum. No grinding, no multiplayer nonsense, just playing the game normally, with a degree of skill and absorbing all of the content

The Souls games are great at lulling you into a false sense of security when farming, then you get cocky and impatient when you only need a few more souls to level up, and you nearly lose it all

PES14 and Sly4 in the upcoming PS+ update apparently. Not great, but I'll play both. PES14 demo was okay, a step in the right direction at least, nowhere near good enough for me to spend cashmoney on it though. Perhaps the full game will convince me that Konami could turn a corner in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom