• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

BjnrHc7CcAA3To-.jpg

Even if United sacked Moyes in the summer, I'd still say they had a lot more patience and will for the manager to succeed than a team like Chelsea.

Being supportive during the games is right, in my opinion, I don't like situations where the crowd turns on the manager or team like that, I feel like it can make things worse.

That's because the turd that is David Moyes is balancing on Alex Ferguson's purple nose.

Salvadora

Perhaps Sagna leaving would be for the best.

Would give us the fresh set of impetus
Zioey3m.png
needed to buy a RB who adds another attacking dimension.

Word.
He can leave if he wants, Wengy will find a suitable replacemente who actually can make good crosses.

Sagna's crossing is the best in the league of the rightbacks. Get a horse attacking them instead of the 3 donkeys you have lumbering about in training every day, and someone else entering the box at the right time, and you'll see.

Blablurn

BayernGAF are so weird haha

no one is saying Bayern is a bad team, they're clearly the best team in Europe. And will continue to be so with Pep at the helm.

Boring to watch is another thing altogether though. Jupp's football was more fun to watch, at least in my opinion.

you're weird!
and beautiful

dc89

If Arsenal lose Sagna and buy someone like Coleman then they've done pretty well out of that deal imo.

City would also profit from a deal like this. Another experienced right back who could provide cover for Zaba. Richards is just too injury prone.

We've got a quality young right back in Maffeo. So an older right back would fit the bill.

Carbonox

There is an advert on TV of a granny twerking. I want to wash my eyes out by going to watch a football match between the real El Classico's Stoke and Norwich.

That's because the turd that is David Moyes is balancing on Alex Ferguson's purple nose.

I don't often agree with you but this time you're right.

No manager on the planet would be given this sort of latitude by any other big club.

It is only by the grace of Fergie and the fans' loyalty to Fergie that Moyes has been allowed to get away with this.

Meier

If Dzeko goes this summer (and I still think he will), it won't be to another Premier League team. The club will just take less than his value (a la Tevez) if need be and sell him to an Italian or German club.

City would also profit from a deal like this. Another experienced right back who could provide cover for Zaba. Richards is just too injury prone.

We've got a quality young right back in Maffeo. So an older right back would fit the bill.

Maffeo won't make it at City.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ah, fuck that then. Levels have become too expensive for me to waste them on Faith, just to get Dark sorcery I'll never use :(

I pumped up my faith to use Heal and never used it loool.

yeah, don't. Just focus on what you're good at.

Sounds like something a Pep Hater would say.
I like Pep. Or at least the person he pretends to be
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
AM I RIGHT VIVA
There's less dynamic now, which most certainly is less entertaining for many. Saves me a lot of nerves though.
That's one way of putting it.

Beckenbaur said it best:
Franz Beckenbauer has laid into Pep Guardiola's tactics at Bayern Munich. "We're going to end up being unwatchable like Barcelona. The players will start passing the ball back even on the goal line"

Covering the match as a guest pundit on 'Sky Deutschland', Beckenbauer outlined how he believes the game should be played. "I have a different vision. If I had the chance to shoot from distance, particularly up against a tight defence, I'd take it. That's the most efficient way [to play], though it's 100% up to the players", he added.

Blablurn

i wonder where this idea of "bayern being boring" is coming from. im sure u r just reading jupps comments since i remember plenty of people saying "i barely watch bayern except CL" :p

edit:

yurt pls. nobody quotes beckenbauer

Jack cw

There's less dynamic now, which most certainly is less entertaining for many. Saves me a lot of nerves though.

Wat? How is that? How can we be less dynamic when we actually run more and play at a way higher pace? I dont know what all you guys remember from last year, but apparently only the two games against Barca, where we played simple counter attacking with 2 defending lines pressing in midfield. Most games we did were vertical attacks through the wings and it worked but we were never in charge of the opposition in midfield and taking complete control. Its boring when only one side is playing but that isnt Bayerns or Peps fault. We score more goals, concede less, create more chances and decreasing chances for the opposition. I really dont get what the point is. Its exiting football with some of the most amazing goalscoring creations. What should Bayern do then? Play less dominating on purpose to entertain some minorities? Its up to the opposition to find a way against Bayern, not ours.

EDIT:
That bullshit Franz Beckenbauer statement is hilarious.
We score more goals from out of the box then under Jupp. He should better get his facts straight...

LegoArmo

No manager on the planet would be given this sort of latitude by any other big club.

It is only by the grace of Fergie and the fans' loyalty to Fergie that Moyes has been allowed to get away with this.

I guess we'll see how deep that loyalty runs. £100m deep?

FootballFan

I got 100% on it last night, playing as a hero. Really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it bruv. It's quality. Looks stunning too.

Anyone here playing MGS: GZ?

Despite the price I think it's the best MGS game I've played, gameplay wise.

Finished it the yesterday. Loved it.

Gameplay is tight. I really cannot wait for Phantom Pain.

Bjfbgm0CEAEoVbA.png

Damn.

Wonder what it looks like with penalties included

@Penaldo and @Ibra(pen.) would rocket past Suarez. #FootballFacts

Howdy guys!

http://worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/barkley.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Does Barkley actually go past even 1 player in this gif? As in, does he get challenged even once? It's a good goal and he is a good player, but...yeah.

[quote="Jack cw, post: 105853676"]Funny thing is, that Barca is the only club I would like to win, if we doesnt :D[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/biim2.gif

Salazar

I fucking hate complicated libraries.

Just put the books on the fucking shelves, and put them back when I'm done.

Librarians got to make things tricky.

jtb

Banned
how quickly we forget how awful Arsenal's defending was just a season or two ago. Sagna is a good player. stability has been good for the club and the squad this season. the problem isn't Sagna's crossing, the problem is that he's always crossing to a single target in the middle, where he's shorter and outnumbered against the defenders. Giroud's not even a good aerial threat.

basically Giroud is shit and we shouldn't blame that on Sagna

Elchele

i wonder where this idea of "bayern being boring" is coming from. im sure u r just reading jupps comments since i remember plenty of people saying "i barely watch bayern except CL" :p

edit:

yurt pls. nobody quotes beckenbauer

aside from the first 20 minutes, the match against Hertha was pretty boring tbh. I could only count like 8-10 interesting matches from Bayern in the Bundesliga this season.

Last season every game was a pleasure to watch, even after we won the Bundesliga.
It is nice to see the team still winning and all, I'm happy but I can't ignore the fact that we are not half as fun as we were last season.

I don't know if there are any Moyes loyalists here. I wouldn't want him to make the big spend in the Summer, if I were a Yernited fan.

Even worse, I actually enjoy watching Everton football now with Martinez's system going well.

LegoArmo

Isn't Pellegrini like 70 already? I don't think he'll be too focused on youth. Oh, he's 60, for some reason I thought he was much older.

Still don't think youth will have a chance to shine at City, at least not on any significant level.

Jarnet87

We lost to City on purpose. Now Bayern will completely underestimate us and Moyesus will pull off the upset. he is the new Benitez. Rubbish in the league, European genius.

Believe.

Meier

Maffeo won't make it at City.

He's really young -- I have to admit I'd never even heard of him until these posts and I try and follow the youth team. Whether or not he does remains to be seen, but he won't sniff the first team for another 3-4 years at an absolute minimum (he's 16 and joined us this summer from Espanyol).

I'd be happy to get Sagna as a deputy for Zaba. He could really use a break. Club icon or not, sell Richards this summer while we can.

Jack cw

aside from the first 20 minutes, the match against Hertha was pretty boring tbh. I could only count like 8-10 interesting matches from Bayern in the Bundesliga this season.

Last season every game was a pleasure to watch, even after we won the Bundesliga.
It is nice to see the team still winning and all, I'm happy but I can't ignore the fact that we are not half as fun as we were last season.
You mean games like a 4-3 against Gladbach or 3-2 versus Stuttgart or 1-0 against Bremen or 1-1 against Nürnberg or the glorious 0-2 against Arsenal and 1-2 against Leverkusen or 1-3 agains Borisov and the both draws with Dortmund or the boring matches in Frankfurt were we scored one goal?
We struggled more than this season and the games were more thrilling not because Bayern played from out of this world, but because we scored either very early or very late and all attacks were performed quicker through the wings. We played without a CAM, beacuse we lacked that option completely. Breakthroughs and play through the middle were nonexisting. Your memories appear to be only based on Juve and Barca.
I meant the match itself. Essentially we keep the opponent entirely in their half, with few exceptions. Look, I don't find it boring, I really like the way we're playing, but I can understand why some - more specifically neutral observers - might appreciate a different style.
Sure, but we have like 80 games a season, with many injuries, suspensions and fatigue. We cant win every game with 6-0 and hattricks from Dante or Rafinha. Its about success and effiency and from a tactical point of view, Bayerns current matches are orgasmic.

Blablurn

i hate the name of mainz' keeper. karius... what the fuck. you're neither a roman emporer nor a teeths disease. what the fuck is this your name. MAKES MY ANGRY

Elchele

You mean games like a 4-3 against Gladbach or 3-2 versus Stuttgart or 1-0 against Bremen or 1-1 against Nürnberg or the glorious 0-2 against Arsenal and 1-2 against Leverkusen or 1-3 agains Borisov and the both draws with Dortmund or the boring matches in Frankfurt were we scored one goal?
We struggled more than this season and the games were more thrilling not because Bayern played from out of this world, but because we scored either very early or very late and all attacks were performed quicker through the wings. We played without a CAM, beacuse we lacked that option completely. Breakthroughs and play through the middle were nonexisting. Your memories appear to be only based on Juve and Barca.
Sure, but we have like 80 games a season, with many injuries, suspensions and fatigue. We cant win every game with 6-0 and hattricks from Dante or Rafinha. Its about success and effiency and from a tactical point of view, Bayerns current matches are orgasmic.

I was only talking about the Bundesliga. Our performances in the CL this season are laughable considering the amount of talent we have in our squad, don't see us winning it if we continue to play like that

Jack cw

I was only talking about the Bundesliga. Our performances in the CL this season are laughable considering the amount of talent we have in our squad, don't see us winning it if we continue to play like that

Again, our perfromances last year until the quarter final were even worse. 2 defeats in a worse group and a worse Arsenal compared to this years. We really shined against Juve and Barca. Dortmund was a mix of luck and fate but wasnt our best game. Its amazing what memories are in peoples minds with 2 great legs played in CL. This years team is equally determined to win the CL as last years.

Salazar

Bradley Cooper as Indiana Jones ?

He will forever be the beta flatmate to J Garner in Alias. Beta flatmates don't get to roger Alison Doody with the cross of Coronado.

Meier

Was looking through the posts from the summer about Ferna's signing. Would love to quote a whole bunch and serve some crow and pat myself on the back but I'm happy just knowing how great of a signing it turned out to be. He won't end up in the Team of the Season because there are some more glamorous midfielders to choose from, but he really deserves to be. Yaya is definitely there and could see Silva being considered.

One thing I was reminded of when looking at old posts.. where the heck has Manager been? Over 2.5 months since he last posted on GAF. Hope you're okay, buddy!

Was looking through the posts from the summer about Ferna's signing. Would love to quote a whole bunch and serve some crow and pat myself on the back but I'm happy just knowing how great of a signing it turned out to be. He won't end up in the Team of the Season because there are some more glamorous midfielders to choose from, but he really deserves to be. Yaya is definitely there and could see Silva being considered.

One thing I was reminded of when looking at old posts.. where the heck has Manager been? Over 2.5 months since he last posted on GAF. Hope you're okay, buddy!

Did you think Jovetic would be a good signing?

Salazar

Eh, talking about glamour being taken into account - whenever Ferna pulls some Charlie Adam type ankle-tap body check shit, it gets praised as "breaking up play".

Meier

Did you think Jovetic would be a good signing?

Definitely especially since a good part of his transfer fee was based on incentives. I still think he will be or can be a good signing in the long term despite this year being a throw-away due to the fitness issues. We'll probably have a better idea about his future with the club by January 2015.

Eh, talking about glamour being taken into account - whenever Ferna pulls some Charlie Adam type ankle-tap body check shit, it gets praised as "breaking up play".

Sometimes you gotta be an enforcer. Better to do that than come in from behind or throw elbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom