• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ve1eWMd.jpg

Meier

I kinda sorta feel bad for Chris Martin since a divorce is always sad to a certain extent... but being married to Paltrow must have been the absolute worst. She's a nightmare. He's far better off in the long run -- hope the kids are okay though.

Clegg

Paltrow believed that giving a blowjob was the right way for a wife and husband to reconcile.

Seems like the right sort to me.

I kinda sorta feel bad for Chris Martin since a divorce is always sad to a certain extent... but being married to Paltrow must have been the absolute worst. She's a nightmare. He's far better off in the long run -- hope the kids are okay though.
What was so bad about her?

And one of those kids is called Apple. Never gonna be okay.

FootballFan

When did you meet her?

Meier

Watched the first 20 of Yaya's 50+ goals for City. Was reminded of this really tasty goal versus Bayern in the Champions League.

BlondMadeupBluebottle.gif

(longer version showing off the great turn here: http://gfycat.com/ReasonableCheapFlycatcher)

What was so bad about her?

And one of those kids is called Apple. Never gonna be okay.

There are an absolute litany of behind the scenes stories about how she's terrible to work with. Plus, Goop? Come on. She's so fake. Everything about her annoys me to be honest.

Oxx

Bradley Cooper as Indiana Jones ?

He will forever be the beta flatmate to J Garner in Alias. Beta flatmates don't get to roger Alison Doody with the cross of Coronado.

I loved Alias.

I saw a driver at an airport holding a sign with Bradley Cooper on it. I was tempted to hang around and ask him about the good old days.

arkon

Was looking through the posts from the summer about Ferna's signing. Would love to quote a whole bunch and serve some crow and pat myself on the back but I'm happy just knowing how great of a signing it turned out to be. He won't end up in the Team of the Season because there are some more glamorous midfielders to choose from, but he really deserves to be. Yaya is definitely there and could see Silva being considered.

One thing I was reminded of when looking at old posts.. where the heck has Manager been? Over 2.5 months since he last posted on GAF. Hope you're okay, buddy!

I hope I wasn't one of those that was dismissing him. I seem to remember thinking he would be a good signing for you guys. Maybe my memory is faulty though...

I hope I wasn't one of those that was dismissing him. I seem to remember thinking he would be a good signing for you guys. Maybe my memory is faulty though...

What a terrible signing. Sure he's been average to good in the Champions League group stages, but he's like 31 years old, and plays in a tinpot league. Not even Mancini was stupid enough to make a signing like this

Barzul

Just landed a job interview on Friday that I was a bit nervous about. It's the 3rd phase of the application process, for the 2nd phase I had to write code and create reports in some software I was completely unfamiliar with. I had feared I might've screwed that up, but if they still want to interview me, I must have done better than I thought.

Jarnet87

Toure has more goals this season then Carrick's entire United career. Fergie please, why did you turn ever midfielder on our team into a deep sweeper.

Ingeniero

Just landed a job interview on Friday that I was a bit nervous about. It's the 3rd phase of the application process, for the 2nd phase I had to write code and create reports in some software I was completely unfamiliar with. I had feared I might've screwed that up, but if they still want to interview me, I must have done better than I thought.
Be cool mate, just relax, if they called you again they are interested.
Also, you may want to remove Giroud from your avvy, just for good luck.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2014%2f3%2fParma.jpg

SUENNNNNNNNNNNNNN

edit: clarification: Parma's Suen.

usually when there are phases, the interview is just a formality! Best of luck dude ;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can't wait to play them in three hours! Coincidentally, their last loss was back in November to Juve.

jesalr

That's good to know. I already had an initial phone interview and that went really well, maybe I'm worrying over nothing.

You'll be fine if you've made it this far. The last phase interview of an application I had earlier this year was just to make sure you're the sort of person they can work with, and not an absolute arse.

Zabojnik

Can't wait to play them in three hours! Coincidentally, their last loss was back in November to Juve.

It's destiny that they'll lose to us again tonight, thus allowing us to seal the scudetto. Seriously though, we've got to win tonight. If we do, we can afford to go to San Paolo and lose and lose to Roma at Olimpico and still be ahead of them.

BjqKCBuIEAABFfK.jpg:large

Capitano I miss you so <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's destiny that they'll lose to us again tonight, thus allowing us to seal the scudetto. Seriously though, we've got to win tonight. If we do, we can afford to go to San Paolo and lose and lose to Roma at Olimpico and still be ahead of them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjqKCBuIEAABFfK.jpg:large[IMG]

Capitano I miss you so <3[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3450967044015a3d8dba59b2cf42568b/tumblr_n2xzkdbGfK1s6hgjio1_400.gif

in theory, we can lose 3 and draw 1 of our remaining 9 games. And I'm okay with that if it means going further in Inferior Europe.
We're not losing any of those games, don't worry.
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Made a gif of the captions from Youtube of Scholes talking about Arsenal. Hysterical.

http://giant.gfycat.com/ReflectingLightheartedBluemorphobutterfly.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

So that's why he never talks [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3AQmK.gif

GorillaJu

I find it amusing how the concept of art and its value seem completely incomprehensible for parts of GAF.

Anyone that has ever read an exposé (not sure if this is the correct English term) on art, or even "just" literature or music, can understand how incredible paintings can really be.

It's not just Gaf dude. Go to any forum and it'll be the same thing. People will say this:

I guess I just don't get "art"

every fucking time. It's what happens when a person who doesn't have any education behind their opinion feels like they have to still tell everyone how they feel about the topic.

faridmon

I find it amusing how the concept of art and its value seem completely incomprehensible for parts of GAF.

Anyone that has ever read an exposé (not sure if this is the correct English term) on art, or even "just" literature or music, can understand how incredible paintings can really be.

Indeed. I really find incredibly worrying for a forum who pride themselves for being open minded and progressive as GAF and its members to have such enormous ignorance and obdurateness on the subject and, at the same time have an extreme case of cognetive dessonance when argued against

I mean when you have comments like these

drambit said:
I think the same thing about Picasso. To me Picasso's talentless hack shit like Guernica is almost as disgraceful as that 140 mill Jackson Pollock painting.

To answer the question, who the fuck knows.

You start to weep for humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom