• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

The possibility of Portsmouth being relegated and having to play Eastleigh next season is looking increasingly likely.

Can't see Hampshire police letting the game be played at Eastleigh's ground so would probably move it to St. Mary's. Probably get the record attendance for the Conference.

I see Wooden's local zoo has been killing innocent animals again

Fucking animals.

Dumb ass lions, bet they would have killed us too if they got the chance.

ibp8j2b5l8UpSp.gif

Wilbur

Banned
The possibility of Portsmouth being relegated and having to play Eastleigh next season is looking increasingly likely.

Can't see Hampshire police letting the game be played at Eastleigh's ground so would probably move it to St. Mary's. Probably get the record attendance for the Conference.

God my club may be in relative hell but thank fuck we aren't Portsmouth. Such a quick fall.

Jack cw

PES14 and Sly4 in the upcoming PS+ update apparently. Not great, but I'll play both. PES14 demo was okay, a step in the right direction at least, nowhere near good enough for me to spend cashmoney on it though. Perhaps the full game will convince me that Konami could turn a corner in the near future.

Its a great football game with hilariously bad input lag when it comes to switching players. And you might get annoyed by the delay a player needs to react to your button action. Otherwise its amazing and PS3 is somewhat overstrained with Fox Engine. Dont watch any replays or the match entry because its even worse then Dark Souls Blighttown framerate. Slideshow actually.

Jack cw

Tuesday is going to be glorious. I hope Thiago plays for Kroos.

As if it would make any difference. They are both incredibly good right now and depending how Pep wants to attack United - through the wings with Robben and Ribery then its Kroos with his long digonal passes or through the middle, then its Thiago. Options, such wonderful things.

Blablurn

As if it would make any difference. They are both incredibly good right now and depending how Pep wants to attack United - through the wings with Robben and Ribery then its Kroos with his long digonal passes or through the middle, then its Thiago. Options, such wonderful things.

Yep. Good that van persie is out. the only one i dont trust at manchester.

God my club may be in relative hell but thank fuck we aren't Portsmouth. Such a quick fall.

Yep. Just an endless stream of kicks to the bollocks for their fans. Like they were given the choice between the quick death of being liquidated, and a drawn out torture of constant relegations, financial constraints and punishments, player/staff turnover and the lingering threat of administration shadowing over the club.

Fuck that. Wonder how their basic accounts look.

Its a great football game with hilariously bad input lag when it comes to switching players. And you might get annoyed by the lag a player needs to react to your button action. Otherwise its amazing and PS3 is somewhat overstrained with Fox Engine. Dont watch any replays or the match entry because its even worse then Dark Souls Blighttown framerate. Slideshow actually.

Cheers. Replays in FIFA are shite too. Don't know why they were so intuitive and smooth in PS2 PES, with the saved files that you can manipulate at will, and now they're completely dismal. Rubbish controls, unintuitive editing, dreadful responsiveness

Jack cw

Yep. Good that van persie is out. the only one i dont trust at manchester.

We were able to shut down every world class striker in the last 3 years and while I'm glad VP is out as he is always a threat, I think that Schweini, Boateng, Martinez and Lahm could handle him and Rooney. We should be careful with stupid fouls like our Brazilians do from time to time and avoid any headers in defence with Rafinha.

Salvadora

There's not a chance Moyes gets a second year, unfortunately.
I don't see why it would be out of the question.

He looks to be safe going into the summer and then it's a case of whether or not they take the risk of replacing him mid-2014/15 season when there's a rather large likelihood (like now) of there being no top managers to fill the job. Unless they go for someone like Steve Bruce.

Scum

We were able to shut down every world class striker in the last 3 years and while I'm glad VP is out ashe is always a threat, I think that Schweini, Boateng, Martinez and Lahm could handle him and Rooney. We should be careful with stupid fouls like our Brazilians do from time to time and avoid any headers in defence with Rafinha.

Lahm as DM/MC in CL match? Game's as good as done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Which pass did you mean btw? Surely not City's. Don't be one of those

About to reattempt the Belfry Luna. Will probably have to swallow my pride and go offline for it eventually
Yes!
3AQmK.gif

and Hitcher pls, no one gets stuck in Belfry Luna, it's REALLY easy! Including the boss fight!

It's optional anyway, but you SHOULD do it because it makes the 'real' boss a little bit easier.

Unlike Giovinco though, he can fucking finish. I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but since we're getting rid of Vucinic and Quaglia for sure, while Giovinco and Osvaldo hang in balance ... I wouldn't mind us bringing in two young strikers like Immobile and Gabbiadini.

I'm all for it then
3AQmK.gif
but we might stall his development! You know Cunte..

Blablurn

We were able to shut down every world class striker in the last 3 years and while I'm glad VP is out ashe is always a threat, I think that Schweini, Boateng, Martinez and Lahm could handle him and Rooney. We should be careful with stupid fouls like our Brazilians do from time to time and avoid any headers in defence with Rafinha.

Agreed. Rafinha better not pull off anymore stupid mistakes like yesterdays penalty :/ but i guess lahm will play anyway

Ingeniero

OK let's be realistic.
Which striker can we get for next season to replace Giroud:

- Niño Torres: Mou may very happy to let him go, and while he is not at his best, and probably never will, I am sure he is an upgrade from Olivier, and probably cheap, maybe around £15M.
- Diego Costa: Dream signing, top5 in the world right now imo, probably Real Madrid, City and Chealsea want him too, so it's a very unlikely we will get him. Probably around £50M.
- Luchito Suarez: Same as Costa. Real Madrid may get him for a big ammount, £80M.
- Lukaku: Good choice imo, around £20M.
- Morata: I like this kid, Wenger may too. Madrid may sell him at a high price tho, maybe £30M.
- RVP back, I know he is a cunt and all, but hell we could use him to win the PL, he may not be happy with Moyes and daddy Arsene may talk some sense to him.
- Other choices: Bony, Rooney (why not), Pato, Dzeko.

We may end buying no one, good ol' Wenger, but a boy can dream right.

faridmon

I like Barkley and think he'll be a top top player.

But I've seen some people raving over that goal but he didn't even beat a player, Newcastle managed to beat themselves.

Sure, I agree, but its the effort that counts and the determination was quite strong. He wanted to score that goal!

If Moyes was our manager, he would delegate Brekely to the reserve team for doing something this ridiculous!

Ba—"My agent has spoken to the club about a departure and he has started speaking with other clubs about a contract for next year. I hope we can find the best option possible. I’d like to stay in England. I like other leagues, too. I’d like to try the Italian league"

"That would be the best way to go out the door. If I leave with at least the title or the CL, that would be exceptional."

So Ba seems gone, Eto'o too with his contract being up and all... Then just need Torres off to Atletico or Inter (who are not denying interest in him).

Jack cw

Lahm as DM/MC in CL match? Game's as good as done.
Hehe, he was great actually in group stage, when both Martinez and Schweinsteiger were injured and the higher Lahm plays in midfield the harder it is to beat Bayern.
Agreed. Rafinha better not pull off anymore stupid mistakes like yesterdays penalty :/ but i guess lahm will play anyway

Good. And we should play with Götze on the 9. I want to see what he does to the old man Rio.

Meier

Kind of a funny coincidence I noticed when watching the full highlights yesterday. Didn't think about it during the game.

Garcia for Navas (14 for 15)
Milner for Nasri (7 for 8)
Negredo for Dzeko (9 for 10)

Mastadon

Banned
OK let's be realistic.
Which striker can we get for next season to replace Giroud:

- Niño Torres: Mou may very happy to let him go, and while he is not at his best, and probably never will, I am sure he is an upgrade from Olivier, and probably cheap, maybe around £15M.
- Diego Costa: Dream signing, top5 in the world right now imo, probably Real Madrid, City and Chealsea want him too, so it's a very unlikely we will get him. Probably around £50M.
- Luchito Suarez: Same as Costa. Real Madrid may get him for a big ammount, £80M.
- Lukaku: Good choice imo, around £20M.
- Morata: I like this kid, Wenger may too. Madrid may sell him at a high price tho, maybe £30M.
- RVP back, I know he is a cunt and all, but hell we could use him to win the PL, he may not be happy with Moyes and daddy Arsene may talk some sense to him.
- Other choices: Bony, Rooney (why not), Pato, Dzeko.

We may end buying no one, good ol' Wenger, but a boy can dream right.

Of that list, Costa, Suarez and Rooney aren't realistic. Rooney has just signed a long-term deal on wages you cannot match, Costa will likely go to Chelsea or another big club, and Suarez won't be sold to you (and I'd doubt that he'd want to now to be honest).

Who's the top scorer in Ligue 2 at the moment? He'll be your next striker

Hixx

I like Barkley and think he'll be a top top player.

But I've seen some people raving over that goal but he didn't even beat a player, Newcastle managed to beat themselves.

Remember when Ben Afri scored that goal against Bolton where he literally ran in a straight line for 50 yards and people were saying it was Messi-esque?

We do love to over-exaggerate how good goals are over here.

Tettey's was a cross

I don't see why it would be out of the question.

He looks to be safe going into the summer and then it's a case of whether or not they take the risk of replacing him mid-2014/15 season when there's a rather large likelihood (like now) of there being no top managers to fill the job. Unless they go for someone like Steve Bruce.

Define that one for me.

He's lost the press, players and fans. The only thing the board haven't done is publicly voice their discontent and/or sacked him. Moyes is the only one talking about him being at the club long term.

Yes!
3AQmK.gif

and Hitcher pls, no one gets stuck in Belfry Luna, it's REALLY easy! Including the boss fight!

It's optional anyway, but you SHOULD do it because it makes the 'real' boss a little bit easier.

Pfft, got it done easily in the end. Beat the boss first time as well :D

Had already beaten Lost Sinner. In Huntsman's Copse now, got a choice between 2 pretty daunting fog gates, one across a rope bridge, one below a waterfall. The hints on the floor lead me to believe that the one across the rope bridge is bloody difficult

2FfQDA9.png

I imagine most melee characters at this point in the game look like this, but still looks boss :D

Wish PS3 had a screenshot function.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal "I don't listen to the sirens in Spain, and my family is happy in Turin. I've repeated it several times: I'm happy here," he told FourFourTwo.

"I'm staying at Juventus because president Andrea Agnelli has asked me for the Champions League."

loool good luck with that :(

Ingeniero

Of that list, Costa, Suarez and Rooney aren't realistic. Rooney has just signed a long-term deal on wages you cannot match, Costa will likely go to Chelsea or another big club, and Suarez won't be sold to you (and I'd doubt that he'd want to now to be honest).

Who's the top scorer in Ligue 2 at the moment? He'll be your next striker

Harsh... but probably right.
But Wenger has shown with Ozil that the can be a big spender if necessary, so here is hoping. I can see him throwing £50-60M for a striker after the WC.

Carbonox

OK let's be realistic.

Niño Torres: I am sure he is an upgrade from Olivier

OK let's be realistic.

Diego Costa

OK let's be realistic.

Luchito Suarez

OK let's be realistic.

RVP back, I know he is a cunt and all, but hell we could use him to win the PL

OK let's be realistic.

606b742e_2ns25vs.gif

jtb

Banned
Harsh... but probably right.
But Wenger has shown with Ozil that the can be a big spender if necessary, so here is hoping. I can see him throwing £50-60M for a striker after the WC.

The Ozil signing proves we can attract someone who has already gone to a big club and then fallen out of favor and/or "failed" (depending on who you ask, obviously). Remember, our top target last summer before Ozil and Suarez was another Madrid "failure" in Higuain. In that vein, I'm thinking Dzeko or Benzema are more realistic than the rising stars like Costa.

better to get a washed up star than to overpay for young potential, imo.

qindarka

Banned
Ba—"My agent has spoken to the club about a departure and he has started speaking with other clubs about a contract for next year. I hope we can find the best option possible. I’d like to stay in England. I like other leagues, too. I’d like to try the Italian league"

"That would be the best way to go out the door. If I leave with at least the title or the CL, that would be exceptional."

So Ba seems gone, Eto'o too with his contract being up and all... Then just need Torres off to Atletico or Inter (who are not denying interest in him).

I'd like Eto'o to stay for another year as third choice, preferably on reduced wages. Lukaku on as 2nd seems ideal but if he goes, he'll already be needing to look at two strikers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pfft, got it done easily in the end. Beat the boss first time as well :D

Had already beaten Lost Sinner. In Huntsman's Copse now, got a choice between 2 pretty daunting fog gates, one across a rope bridge, one below a waterfall. The hints on the floor lead me to believe that the one across the rope bridge is bloody difficult

the one across the bridge is an optional fight that leads to a covenant for Invaders. Great covenant for a pyro. It's a gimmicky frustrating fight, if you need some help let me know! But you'll be fine with that shield ;)

the one below the waterfall is the real boss of this area, and he's disappointingly easy. Just like the rest of the bosses in DS2

my character looks like the guy on the right + a Moonlight [magic] Sword!

Meier

I'd like Eto'o to stay for another year as third choice, preferably on reduced wages. Lukaku on as 2nd seems ideal but if he goes, he'll already be needing to look at two strikers.
:lol He did that once to join you (since he got a buyout). Never again.

Salvadora

Define that one for me.

He's lost the press, players and fans. The only thing the board haven't done is publicly voice their discontent and/or sacked him. Moyes is the only one talking about him being at the club long term.
The press have been remarkably pro-Moyes and wouldn't hesitate to jump back on the bandwagon (as we've seen) if you go on a 'good run', or even, I suspect, if you don't.

The fans, on the other hand, have voiced some discontent but have largely kept Old Trafford quiet of anti-Moyes chants. I don't see that changing significantly by the end of the season.

As for the players, lots of the potential troublemakers like Rio, Vidic and Evra are off come summer. And you'll be left with people like Ashley Young, Tom Cleverley and Kagawa. Players who lack a set of balls and are a bunch of pussies. And others like Rooney who the club has resolved to appease no matter what the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom