• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Have you guys seen Meireles recently? Epic beard action when he's not getting straight red cards for stupid challenges.

omg yurt's back. Time to be asctive in football thread again.

Dark Souls 2 bros, i dare you to pop an ascetic at Sinners rise and fight Lost sinner in NG+ difficulty. Literally a videogame cunt.

Abraxas

The Ozil signing proves we can attract someone who has already gone to a big club and then fallen out of favor and/or "failed" (depending on who you ask, obviously). Remember, our top target last summer before Ozil and Suarez was another Madrid "failure" in Higuain. In that vein, I'm thinking Dzeko or Benzema are more realistic than the rising stars like Costa.

I wouldn't mind benzema, but as i said yesterday, we will most likely get Remy and some 14 year old french wünderkid.

Hixx

the one across the bridge is an optional fight that leads to a covenant for Invaders. Great covenant for a pyro. It's a gimmicky frustrating fight, if you need some help let me know! But you'll be fine with that shield ;)

the one below the waterfall is the real boss of this area, and he's disappointingly easy. Just like the rest of the bosses in DS2

my character looks like the guy on the right + a Moonlight [magic] Sword!

My dude is naked because the Smelter Demon fight made me realise armour is pretty fucking useless and just wrecks your roll.

NAKED SOULS FOR LIFE

Jack cw

I don't know about that

the game looks much better than this haha

Well, Dortmund will make it... somehow.
And yeah, I have it on 360 and it looks very bland. At least its running above 30 fps, so it plays decent. I hope the PC version is prettier.

Ingeniero

606b742e_2ns25vs.gif
hahaha come on man
:(

The press have been remarkably pro-Moyes and wouldn't hesitate to jump back on the bandwagon (as we've seen) if you go on a 'good run', or even, I suspect, if you don't.

The fans, on the other hand, have voiced some discontent but have largely kept Old Trafford quiet of anti-Moyes chants. I don't see that changing significantly by the end of the season.

As for the players, lots of the potential troublemakers like Rio, Vidic and Evra are off come summer. And you'll be left with people like Ashley Young, Tom Cleverley and Kagawa. Players who lack a set of balls and are a bunch of pussies. And others like Rooney who the club has resolved to appease no matter what the cost.

I think the match going fans will start turning on Moyes. Fans have been praising them for their support, but are now starting to have a go at the match going fans for not voicing their opinions. A more evident example that is getting a lot of attention right now is the chosen one banner and the discontent shown to whoever put that up.

faridmon

Is that all you have to say in order to sustain a certain business?

''I have found out the importance of Water and hence will symbolise your country's top with it''

Some have it easy, don't they?

Salvadora

I think the match going fans will start turning on Moyes. Fans have been praising them for their support, but are now starting to have a go at the match going fans for not voicing their opinions. A more evident example that is getting a lot of attention right now is the chosen one banner and the discontent shown to whoever put that up.
We will continue to see isolated incidents, but the vast majority of the United home support are undoubtedly still imbued with a sense that United are 'different' than other clubs like Chelsea and must support the manager, no matter what the circumstances.

Only talking about the rest of this season, mind. Could see movements starting if it's the same in August or later.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
(Dark Souls post. Scroll down!)

Have you guys seen Meireles recently? Epic beard action when he's not getting straight red cards for stupid challenges.

omg yurt's back. Time to be asctive in football thread again.

Dark Souls 2 bros, i dare you to pop an ascetic at Sinners rise and fight Lost sinner in NG+ difficulty. Literally a videogame cunt.
WHAT'S UP BABY!

I'm right there on NG+ atm!

I was invaded by a guy with a Hex build earlier and HOLY FUCKING SHIT! The dark spells are truly awesome and terrifying.
My dude is naked because the Smelter Demon fight made me realise armour is pretty fucking useless and just wrecks your roll.

NAKED SOULS FOR LIFE

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

seriously Hixx, I killed 99% of the bosses wearing NOTHING. A spellcaster shouldn't really bother wearing anything -_-

the Smelter Demon was a fucking nightmare, I had NO TIME to cast anything.

LegoArmo

Even if United sacked Moyes in the summer, I'd still say they had a lot more patience and will for the manager to succeed than a team like Chelsea.

Being supportive during the games is right, in my opinion, I don't like situations where the crowd turns on the manager or team like that, I feel like it can make things worse.

Abraxas

Indicative of the situation of the club.

Despite being injured since Christmas, Aaron Ramsey has still completed the most tackles (56) in Arsenal's squad.

Over reliance on one good young player, so typical of the team.

Facism

(Dark Souls post. Scroll down!)

WHAT'S UP BABY!

I'm right there on NG+ atm!

I was invaded by a guy with a Hex build earlier and HOLY FUCKING SHIT! The dark spells are truly awesome and terrifying.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

seriously Hixx, I killed 99% of the bosses wearing NOTHING. A spellcaster shouldn't really bother wearing anything -_-

the Smelter Demon was a fucking nightmare, I had NO TIME to cast anything.

Hex shit is straight up broken in PVP. Some dudes firing big ass black balls that move faster than light and stagger your ass because you can't dodge quick enough :( Will definitely be building a hex character when the pc version comes out.

Yeh Smelter is a bellend. He's manageable with a high casting speed, though.

danwarb

Man Utd are a point and a goal worse off than Moyes's Everton after 31 games last season. Same number of goals conceded. At least Moyseh isn't doing much worse.

Even if United sacked Moyes in the summer, I'd still say they had a lot more patience and will for the manager to succeed than a team like Chelsea.

Being supportive during the games is right, in my opinion, I don't like situations where the crowd turns on the manager or team like that, I feel like it can make things worse.

The problem is that it might take the fans to turn against the manager for them to finally sack him. In which case, they need to bite the bullet and do it.

Hex shit is straight up broken in PVP. Some dudes firing big ass black balls that move faster than light and stagger your ass because you can't dodge quick enough :( Will definitely be building a hex character when the pc version comes out.

Yeh Smelter is a bellend. He's manageable with a high casting speed, though.

Wasn't Dark horrendously overpowered in DS1 when people started getting it from PTD?

Surprised FROM didn't nerf it for PVP at least if so.

When do I get to start learning Dark sorcery? Do I need to increase my Intelligence? The NPC won't talk to me :(

Pate's enemy
looks boss, looking forward to seeing that story unfold

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, sacking Moyes at the start/mid-way through next season is even more pointless than sacking him now. Letting him start next season is essentially doubling down on the stupidity.

Feorax

Well, this would be fun.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/26/manchester-city-offer-bacary-sagna-arsenal-three-year-deal?CMP=twt_gu

Bacary Sagna has been offered a three-year deal by Manchester City and he will consider whether to become the latest Arsenal player to move between the clubs in the summer. The 31-year-old full-back remains locked in contractual stand-off with Arsenal, his club since 2007 and his current terms are set to expire in June, making him a free agent.

Arsène Wenger, the manager, has indicated a readiness to break the club's general policy of granting only one-year extensions to players in their thirties and he is extremely keen for Sagna to stay. The France international has proved his worth on many occasions this season.

The offer of two more years at the Emirates Stadium is there for Sagna but he is holding out for three and he knows that City will give him what he wants, not to mention a significant increase on his £50,000-a-week salary.

The path from Arsenal to City is well trodden, with Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Touré, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy each making the move between 2009-2011. Other former Arsenal players are employed or have been employed by City, namely Patrick Vieira, Brian Kidd, Brian Marwood, David Platt and Stuart Taylor while Wenger remembers how Yaya Toure, the City midfielder, played for Arsenal in a pre-season game in 2003. His performance against Barnet, Wenger has said, was "completely average."

Sagna is embroiled in a game of brinkmanship with Arsenal and he has not ruled out staying if the club were to give him the length of contract that he wants. He is in a strong position, with interest from elsewhere in his services. Liverpool and even Tottenham Hotspur would take him on a Bosman transfer (although the latter is a non-starter on Sagna's side) while Inter Milan, Paris St-Germain and Monaco are also keen.

The Inter president Erick Thohir told his club's official website on Wednesday about his wish to sign Sagna. "We're interested in Sagna because we need to balance the team," Thohir said. "Right now, we only have [Yuto] Nagatomo and Jonathan. If one of them gets injured, you need somebody else to come in. But it Sagna decided to stay in England, we'd understand and in that case, we might bring in a young player from our academy."

FootballFan

Anyway, I cant believe people are even daring to critisize pep for playing... boring? The heck. We're scoring beautiful goals all the time. I seriously don't understand what else you want? We even won a title under pep now? And it doesn't matter if we win the CL or not. The league title is the most honest titles as those guys like to say. He proved himself by not even losing one game so far. I'm just grateful that he came to us and took over Jupps team. Not many years ago we lost games like those in Mainz and Berlin. And now it doesn't even look like the other team has a chance. That's probably the best Bayern team I've ever seen. Seriously. I'm watching the games since almost 20 years now and I can't remember such a strong Bayern team. Really grateful. Based Pep.

Absolutely. All the Pep hate is so daft and childish. We are on a new level and with him we are favourite in all competitions for the years to come. Never thought a german club could play that role, but it was hard work, like this championship. We are scoring more goals, have more chances, more dominance, run more, concede far less goals and the most important thing: We have a variety in playstyle that I havent seen before. From tiki-taka to Heynckes attack-football, box to box play and incredible counters. This Bayern is the closest that ever came to voetbal total.

XWPY7K7.gif

Good luck in the CL Bayern-bros. If we don't win it(which we will), I hope Bayern does.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Oh I burned him to death two seconds later
KuGsj.gif

I kill pretty much anyone with 2-3 hits in PVP.

surprisingly, I only struggle with dual-wield builds. :( They dodge everything and when they get close to me I'm basically done.

BUT NOT WITH MY MOONLIGHT SWORD! I can dish out some decent close-range damage finally.

When do I get to start learning Dark sorcery? Do I need to increase my Intelligence? The NPC won't talk to me :(
there's a guy in your area before the first bonfire! (or 2nd mm). The weird guy staring at a wall. But I think you need 8 INT and 8 FTH to buy his spells.

Carbonox

first infamous second son platinum and now ground zeroes nearly 100% i can taste it

then to final fantasy x which i will not stop until i platinum

i am a platinum machine

i can feel a tonk piece of phlegm somewhere in my throat that if i were to get it out they would hear me from iran. i have football later though so i can do a diouf.

jtb

Banned
if all it takes to get Sagna to stay is a three year contract, just give it to him ffs

we've happily given tons of shitty young players long term 50k/week+ contracts but we can't do it for one of our best players? it'll be disappointing if he's off to City in the summer though, I expected him to go to PSG.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BayernGAF are so weird haha

no one is saying Bayern is a bad team, they're clearly the best team in Europe. And will continue to be so with Pep at the helm.

Boring to watch is another thing altogether though. Jupp's football was more fun to watch, at least in my opinion.

BayernGAF are so weird haha

no one is saying Bayern is a bad team, they're clearly the best team in Europe. And will continue to be so with Pep at the helm.

Boring to watch is another thing altogether though. Jupp's football was more fun to watch, at least in my opinion.

Sounds like something a Pep Hater would say.

Oh I burned him to death two seconds later
KuGsj.gif

I kill pretty much anyone with 2-3 hits in PVP.

surprisingly, I only struggle with dual-wield builds. :( They dodge everything and when they get close to me I'm basically done.

BUT NOT WITH MY MOONLIGHT SWORD! I can dish out some decent close-range damage finally.

there's a guy in your area before the first bonfire! (or 2nd mm). The weird guy staring at a wall. But I think you need 8 INT and 8 FTH to buy his spells.

Ah, fuck that then. Levels have become too expensive for me to waste them on Faith, just to get Dark sorcery I'll never use :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom