• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

1972250_384067585066342_484887778_n.jpg

:lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I find it amusing how the concept of art and its value seem completely incomprehensible for parts of GAF.

Anyone that has ever read an exposé (not sure if this is the correct English term) on art, or even "just" literature or music, can understand how incredible paintings can really be.

they don't (want to) get art but they still insist gaming is art.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1972250_384067585066342_484887778_n.jpg[MG]

:lol[/QUOTE]

haha is it really fair to calculate it like this? It's like saying Buffon is still worth 50 million.

Meier

The best part is Navas cost 7m less than that even so the difference is slightly more pronounced. Hart was also only 200k or so as well. Someone did one with the values adjusted for inflation (still in pounds):

ibmDNfe7vluXV8.jpg

Lacks the compensation fee for Rafael -- I think they used the figures from transfrmarket. Any way you slice it though, United's team was more expensive.

Marc

City, the people's champion's.

Still amazing that Kompany was so cheap despite everyone scouting him for years, worst kept secret yet no one gambles on him.

Blablurn

how i met your mother got so boring again. there were some hopes here and there but for the most time its just crap. i just wanna know how it ends. but its so bad :/

Wilbur

Banned
Lacks the compensation fee for Rafael -- I think they used the figures from transfrmarket. Any way you slice it though, United's team was more expensive.

Which I don't think is what people refer to when they say 'City are ruining football'

Clegg

If you really want to be accurate then you may as well take away the fees for Rooney, Rio , Evra and Carrick. They were all bought before City's windfall.

Zabojnik

useless site. Benfica is also on a 27 match unbeaten streak since the loss to Olympiakos back in November.

24 wins and 3 draws.

Excluding the likes of Bayern, Benfica are the hottest club in Europe right now. Fueled by last year's debacles. I don't see them losing the championship or EL. Truly a glorious time to be a Benfica fan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guys pls. so insecure.
I love you Blayern, but this is incredibly funny coming from Bayern GAF
KuGsj.gif

useless site. Benfica is also on a 27 match unbeaten streak since the loss to Olympiakos back in November.

24 wins and 3 draws.

Top five leagues!

lol don't worry though, Serie A is below Portugal next season*.

*co-efficient-wise. Since Serie A is below the Greek league in reality innit

City is truly the club for us commonfolk. Such a cheap team, it's amazing that they've been able to keep up with behemoths like United.

;-)

So United's next step should be buying City's best players? ;-)

Meier

Still amazing that Kompany was so cheap despite everyone scouting him for years, worst kept secret yet no one gambles on him.

Total bargain. Closest comparison in recent years is Varane -- what a steal for him at €10m.

faridmon

To be fair, did people rated Kompany before coming to Man City?

I don't think I have heard his name as much if he was that sought out, but again, that may be just me.

L1NETT

That United team has been there (some of them like Rooney and Rio Ferdinand) been there donkey's years

Pretty unfair comparison. Looking at net spends over the last few years proves it.

--

Oh boom Arrow is on tonight.

Huntress episode though :/ Can't top last week

Not kermit, just pop in here after days like yesterday! You gotta savor the good times while they happen eh? I was just giving shit anyway, united-gaf has taken this season much better than one would have expected.

Marc

Total bargain. Closest comparison in recent years is Varane -- what a steal for him at €10m.

Massive bargain, natural leader as well which as Arsenal know is really hard to find in the market.

To be fair, did people rated Kompany before coming to Man City?

I don't think I have heard his name as much if he was that sought out, but again, that may be just me.

Yeah, he was well known in football circles as a future world class CB. I knew about him and dont really follow foreign youths except when watching England.

He was linked to every club under the sun for years it seemed like, think he was injured for a time so interest cooled a bit.

Meier

That United team has been there (some of them like Rooney and Rio Ferdinand) been there donkey's years

Pretty unfair comparison. Looking at net spends over the last few years proves it.

It's just a silly comparison, but really, all that shows is that United were "buying the title" long before City did. Then you get into the "earned" versus "given" argument blah blah.

I actually think City and United have a fairly similar net spend over the past two seasons.

L1NETT

. Then you get into the "earned" versus "given" argument blah blah.

I don't think decades of success building one of the world's biggest clubs shouldn't be ignored. That's how clubs should grow, by playing good football, winning titles, bringing through generations of youth.

Kind of like a sport ya know.

But yeah agree the comparison is rubbish.

--

Milka <3. Good stuff there confuziz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom