• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

there's some guy(?) yelling near the mic in the HSV Freiburg match. He yells like fucking insane with high pitch voice, I HOPE HE DIES

We've got a pretty solid record of destroying the careers of promising youth strikers. Pacheco, Nemeth, Yesil...

The weird thing is, Pacheco's game was suited to playing any of the 3 roles behind the striker when we moved to 4-2-3-1 in 07/08, yet he struggled to even get a sub appearance in the Carling Cup right up until he left.

Ah well :(

edit: Nemeth was just destroyed by injuries and a lack of dimensions to his game (ala Adam Morgan) and Yesil unforunately looks to be going the same way

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm willing to bet anything that he'll have another of his poor performances.

Especially considering the fact that he has been really bad against weaker sides and we're playing Fiorentina in Florence.

Please kill them.

don't win

KILL them

okay but win though

faridmon

I'm willing to bet anything that he'll have another of his poor performances.

Especially considering the fact that he has been really bad against weaker sides and we're playing Fiorentina in Florence.

I thought he was OK, in couple of matches, but yeah, he seem to be... a bit tired.

Fiorentina are difficult indeed, should be a good match!

I'm absolutely shitting myself.

banana-peel.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Cool, helluva time to get a chance though... kids got no chance.

Yep, no chance tonight. He will probably be isolated and alone up top. Kid needs to be playing with a partner. He'll probably get dropped for Altidore and never play for Sunderland again.

But I hope I'm wrong. Good luck to him.

TeddyBoy

Logged onto RAWK, saw this picture from 3.5 years go, had a 'nam flashback

I'm sure Feorax posted that picture here a while back as well. I looked online to find we basically let that entire eleven leave on frees except Shelvey, Reina and Kelly. Dark days they were, that team deserved to lose matches.

Wickham starting for Sunderland? About time.

I know he was scoring plenty of goals for you before Sunderland recalled him, got to be a bigger threat than Altidore for sure.

Bit disappointed for Sterling, he probably (and rightly) feels that he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Sterling is still young and needs to be properly managed, he'll probably be brought on at half time if we've got a comfortable lead to save a few players for Spurs.

Last post on page :/

Bumhead

Banned
I love Brendan Rodgers.

Never been a huge fan of Liverpool in terms of the top rank sides but it's hard not to believe him and this team.

I'm sure Feorax posted that picture here a while back as well. I looked online to find we basically let that entire eleven leave on frees except Shelvey, Reina and Kelly. Dark days they were, that team deserved to lose matches.

Aurelio was good, and Kyriakos wasn't completely terrible. Kelly was better then than he is now. The rest though. Yeesh.

I liked Babel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom