• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Aurelio was good, and Kyriakos wasn't completely terrible. Kelly was better then than he is now. The rest though. Yeesh.

I liked Babel

Aurelio was good when he played, but could barely play more than three matches in a row, lots of little injuries meant he didn't start often.

Seeing Kyriakos on the team sheet was a recipe for disaster, there was a spell when Dalglish first took over and he seemed to concede a penalty every single game he played (I think he conceded one against Benfica as well).

Kelly did have promise, but injuries have hurt him dearly :(

Babel was pretty trash, it seemed like both Babel and Ngog were trying to outdo each other in how bad they were.

I do forget how trash we actually were not so long ago, how much Hodgson destroyed us. Brendan has saved us.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sunderland I'm not asking for much, just get Gerrard booked. That is all.

Meier

Hull player dove pretty obviously and Nolan got piiiissssed. They showed Huddlestone after -- not sure if it was him or not though. Always funny to see. He walked over to him and was giving him the business.

Suen

Amauri jump! You're fucking tall so jump!

Balo booked for some reason. Can't wait to see him being sent off in the second half, mark my words.

Probably a year ago or whenever they renewed his contract. Why?
Goldtie is secretly killing your club. you know it.

sunface.png

Dunno why you don't try for Montella. Or Donadoni, obv.
Probably because neither of them would like to leave their team after this season. Montella is leading a potentially great (for Serie A standards) team in EL, maybe even Champions League. Donadoni is living a miracle and will play in EL next year for sure.

Milan will definitely not play in Europe next year and will probably have to live another summer with free agents and very old players. If we sack Seedorf we'll replace him with Spalletti or Inzaghi.
Goldtie is secretly killing your club. you know it.

sunface.png
Who isn't, these days?

Marc

Yep, no chance tonight. He will probably be isolated and alone up top. Kid needs to be playing with a partner. He'll probably get dropped for Altidore and never play for Sunderland again.

But I hope I'm wrong. Good luck to him.

Well if he gets as many chances as Jozy, he can only do better.

I suppose even though it is at anfield, Liverpool's defence has been shocking so may get a good chance or two. I want a Liverpool win but a few goals for Johnson and Wickham wouldn't go amiss. :D

Like Sturridge, he needs a run of ten games and to feel loved to perform and also to play to his strengths. Not saying he is on Sturridge's level, no where near, even when they were both 15 but Wickham has some very good skills and is great to play off with flicks and passes when he gets into a rythem.

Rodgers really needs to sit Coutinho down and explain to him he is shit at shooting from distance and needs to just pass it, get him to work on shooting after practice every day.

EDIT: Sounds like Hull are getting mugged off by the ref, is that right?

Draconian

Nice job ignoring the handball by West Ham, refs. Also, excellent job waiting 5 minutes before deciding to send the keeper off. Brilliant decision making all around.

Josip Drmic has 14 in 26 now (goal), despite playing for the team 2nd bottom of the Bundesliga. He could have a big World Cup for Switzerland. Got a brace v Croatia earlier this month.

His goal from the weekend was classy:

iVhPTDSj4y8eK.gif

DeafeningSameAxolotl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom