• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Or in Barca's case: ask the ref for help.

You're pretending as if Barca fans still don't think they are the best team in the world. The most common excuses you'll find are "Messi was injured", "Messi wasn't at his best" or "We were very tired at that stage of the season" or whatever pathetic excuse they come with.

You idiots, having dignity is accepting that Bayern clearly was and still is a better team regardless of how well-prepared Barca would have been while at the same time not being "omg I love Baaaaaaayeeeeeeeern so much, beating us by seven goals made me love them even more!! omg wait Pep is coaching Bayern!? PEP GOAT BAYERN GOAT!
Please let me join the Bayern bandwagon, Barca is dying and I need to pretend as if I never supported them.
"

Except nobody has done that. Not even FootballFan.Well, maybe FootballFan but that seems to be more of a Pep infatuation.

Mou brought Madrid up to the level of Barca who was dominating Spanish football and were in their best years at that time. It was certainly not an easy accomplishment, which is more evident when you even had a player like CR7 on the team and still struggling. He made us competitive with the best team in the league again, yet you don't see Madrid fans asking Chelsea fans to cum on them this season. Dortmund made us look like jokes last season, yet do you see us making a circle around Dortmund fans and dancing around like headless chickens? Do you see Moyes United fans loving Man City after their remarkable entrance recent years in the football scene in England?

Fucking pitch apes.

I don't think anyone is asking for Bayern to shame them except Moyes' boys. There's just a preference for who they'd like to win if they do get knocked out.

LTWheels

I'd hesitate to call them chances tbh. We created enough half-chances to expect a goal or two, but I wouldn't have expected any single one of the chances to go in. Sunderland constrained us to shots from the edge of the box in the main

Ok cheers.

The Gread Budapest Hotel is really good. Really enjoyed it last night. Recommend it.

Wilbur

Banned
There's been lots of moments where I've just sat here giggling at my computer, most of them have been mentioned already

That was doicare I think.

Almost as funny as confuziz's "I only believe what I can see".

:lol confuziz

iblPULFG3bQPus.gif

I really love Richie. RIP.

Blablurn

lol, u gotta love sammer

"it's only 2:2 when it comes to titles in the last 4 seasons between bayern and dortmund. we wont stop now"

Only half of the truth. Rummenigge talked about this in the FAZ or Welt and said that both players were on the table and Pep was originally favouring Floppington but the Bayern board told him that they hadnt had very good experience with young Brazilan players (especially after Brenos case) and they noticed that a transfer would be very expensive and tied with hilarious claims by the Floppington clan. Of course, the press made a story out of this saying Götze wasnt his choice, when in reality he was the equally good alternative. Pep wanted a one of the top young talents in the world and he got the best one. Regardless of his preference, the Bayern board with Pep made the right choice.

The Götze release clause had to be activated before April if I recall it correctly. Neymar would have been an even bigger gamble than just money. In the worst case, Bayern would have ended up with neither Neymar nor Götze.

I really think that Pep wanted Neymar but the board told him to fuck off with that. Also explains the public statement about Thiago, pretty much forced Bayern to go for him.

Suen

1) Football is dead
2) La Decimated
3) AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, including Jones-face
4) chicken fumes

Dunno about number 5, can't think of any that come close to those

Or did you mean footy-gaf specific things, like memes, arguments, meltdowns etc
All good ones. I also liked panty getting banned because of FF in the Madrid derby, purge of footy gaf from Omiee (pulga getting banned then out of random was quite funny), Morata saving Lego's life and Lambda hunting Kyoufu when he first came here.

Clegg

Remember that time after a Clasico when no cringe worthy or embarrassing stuff was posted from either set of fans?

Neither do I.

Wilbur

Banned
He also started to write Lallana before he decided to google it.

Looks like Wallana lool

Think I roughly agree with him. Ivanovic has been playing at RB obviously instead, and Terry's been better than both of them so the defence is the most contentious. Think he's probably got the midfield spot on (although I might have Fernandinho instead of Gerrard or Lallana), and certainly has the strikers spot on.

Splatt

1) Football is dead
2) La Decimated
3) AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, including Jones-face
4) chicken fumes

Dunno about number 5, can't think of any that come close to those

Or did you mean footy-gaf specific things, like memes, arguments, meltdowns etc

5) El Pistolero Suarez: Is Negrito Really a Racist Word Saga

I think people were arguing about it for half a year here.

I also enjoyed Evra's troll at the end of the last season where he took a bite out of a prosthetic arm.

uYulvHO.jpg

Jack cw

lol, u gotta love sammer

"it's only 2:2 when it comes to titles in the last 4 seasons between bayern and dortmund. we wont stop now"
Well, on paper he is right, but the championships had way more tension until the end. Dortmund made it basically on the last 3 matches with 5 or 10 points difference. It was close to the end. The last two seasons were Bayern leading with 25 points, so there is a huge gap in quality now and the thrill is nonexistent.
The Götze release clause had to be activated before April if I recall it correctly. Neymar would have been an even bigger gamble than just money. In the worst case, Bayern would have ended up with neither Neymar nor Götze.

I really think that Pep prefered Neymar but the board told him to fuck off with that. Also explains the public statement about Thiago, pretty much forced Bayern to go for him.
Sure, but the plan was to get a capable false 9/CAM that could be the next big thing. Its no secret that Bayern had Götze on the list for a long time and Pep preferred Neymar, but obviously didnt now what a clusterfuck of a transfer it would have been. The alternative was equally good but cost only half as much and had CL and Bundesliga experience. I guess Pep didnt complain at all and Thiago was a necessity, because Schweinsteiger and Martinez were out and were looking for a Schweinsteiger successor for years. It wasnt bad either, that he was a Pep player all along.

Jack cw

Ausgrechnet Robben!!!!! It was a great final.

Indeed. Everything came together and I remember you calling me in half time fearing we might lose this. It wasnt the best match but the most thrilling and the end was perfectly written. Robbens determination made the difference. If there was one game that had a Robbery stamp on it, then its that CL final. Incredible performance from both of them.

5. Elsk getting banned.

4. The where is Hazard going debate.

3. Chelsea winning the premier league and champions league in 2014.

2. Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Even if I was busy crying at the same time because of Copenhagen, City winning it in the last minute over United brought a smile to my face.

1. The champions league finale 2011/2012 thread. The cocky Bayern supporters, the tears of the neutrals, who were busy celebrating like Bayern had won at least a few times in the match (the first goal, when Bayern got a penalty and when Mata missed, just to quickly realize they were wrong again), football is dead,. So much salt, honestly if Moyes had gone in there he would be deader than football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom