• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This conception 2 game from fatlus man...

TcuhwmN.gif

tNFmuf2.jpg

ihjWKOv.jpg

iJyrLKRKn019E.gif

Jarnet87

I'll believe in this Halilovic kid when he's actually out there producing.

People hyping this kid are the same people who were going around telling everyone Bojan Krkic was better then Messi. The next amazing wunderkid.

Salvadora

I'll believe in this Halilovic kid when he's actually out there producing.

People hyping this kid are the same people who were going around telling everyone Bojan Krkic was better then Messi. The next amazing wunderkid.
The same ones who hyped Gervinho as the black Messi.

When will they learn.

Jack cw

The model themselves are not very good, it's just that they directly copy pasted photos of players onto them.

Thats for players not individually modeled. Fox Engine has new player models and facial animations are based on polymodels with muscles and bones made for every star player. The majority of faces is still pasted though, but the identitiy stars (around 350 players) are completely modeled.

Thats for players not individually modeled. Fox Engine has new player models and facial animations are based on polymodels with muscles and bones made for every star player. The majority of faces is still pasted though, but the identitiy stars (around 350 players) are completely modeled.

and they chose to do this on last gen... Never change konami, only 8 years too late this time. Seriously last time PES was relevant, Arsenal had just won a trophy. THINK ABOUT THAT SEABASS.

GorillaJu

What are the top 5 footygaf moments? It can also include anything from spinoff threads like the Champions League/Europa final threads.

When Liverpool finish above Arsenal this season, I'll lay out a novel's worth of quotes from jtb about how Liverpool are harmless, aren't top 4 contenders, are never going to finish above Arsenal, are nothing to worry about, etc.

There will be narrative, as he slowly comes to recognize that the table is turning, and his dismissive attitude turns to desperate attempts to save face.

It will be a top 5 footygaf moment.

The Llama

Ramsey is still "a few weeks out."

This is really, really mental. End of the season is going to come before we get him back, probably.

Amazing that after all these years Wenger hasn't changed his training methods. He's clearly doing something bad during training thats causing all these injuries.

For PC? Not likely. PS3 and 360 it's available today. It's not a good DLC anyway, it's just a WC mode and the Brazil kit, they didn't add any other licenses.

Man, PC is always getting screwed in football games. Stuff like this made me really tempted to pick up a Infamous PS4 bundle I saw the other day. Spent a good 5 min just looking at the box.

Madrid-GAF

What a terrible week jesus christ, everything that could go wrong went wrong. We lost to Barca in the league cup when we'll have to face them again for the CDR cup. I dont even care about the bad refereeing anymore, what matters is we lost the points and they gained. We lost to Sevilla showing absolutely zero pace, makes me miss Di Maria even more. Whats worse is we were up +3 points but now we're -3 points. We were in the best form I have ever seen this team be in in the last 5 years, to complete dullness.

We're now at the mercy of other teams fucking up, we lost control of our own placement in the league. We now rely on both Barca and Atletico to stumble, something uncharacteristically of them to be honest.

As for the champions league, Klopp intimidates me. I know we're the better team this year but Klopp may simply pull a rabbit up his sleeve.

Back to back losses.. I'm no longer exuding confidence. Simply need to forget this wreckage of a week and move on, there is still a good amount of games remaining.

Jack cw

For PC? Not likely. PS3 and 360 it's available today. It's not a good DLC anyway, it's just a WC mode and the Brazil kit, they didn't add any other licenses.

Konami should release a demo for PES 15 with 2 national teams and 4 clubs and one stadium and sell it for 30 EUR to fund the development and licences.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nothing will ever be worse than the fallout from the Classico games a couple of seasons back.

Genuinely couldn't bear to read the thread.

BUT LOOK

HE DIDN'T TOUCH HIS LEG

2411988_o.gif

Yeah, I know.

I don't actually have any quotes from him saved.

But still.
Please don't do this to him :(
Bayern and Barca 69ing eachother is the worst thing I've ever seen in this thread.

(joke post)

You can see why though. No one likes Bayern GAF (except for me) and no one likes FF (except for his parents). Everyone wants to feel loved.

Jack cw

If MGS:GZ is a success I wouldn't be surprised to see other companies jump on this shameful train, not just Konami.

Yeah, this and Collectors Editions without the actual game.
Lets see how big the backlash will be with Ground Zeroes and if that many people bought it. Game industry is crazy right now... Facebooculus, Wolfenstein, Ground Zeroes...

rvy

Banned
Konami should release a demo for PES 15 with 2 national teams and 4 clubs and one stadium and sell it for 30 EUR to fund the development and licences.

And the point of this would be... what? Having the EPL and the Bundesliga? Then there's no point, because EA has those licenses exclusively and there's no way around it.

Carbonox

If MGS:GZ is a success I wouldn't be surprised to see other companies jump on this shameful train, not just Konami.

I don't mind the idea of releasing prologues for games that aren't coming out for a while. Obviously it needs to be priced correctly though.

With Ground Zeroes I've put in around 6 hours and will probably add another 3 hours to it in my journey to 100% the game. I paid 23 quid for it and I know I'm getting my money's worth. I've paid double in the past for games that have lasted me less. Not that this applies to everyone of course.

In principle though, something like this should be 10-15 maximum as not everyone will go to 100% it or whatever. The core game and its missions take like 3 hours maximum to do altogether at a relaxed pace. That's obviously not 20+ quid's worth of game.

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see other devs do it. Again, I wouldn't mind it if it's priced correctly but let's face it, it won't ever be priced properly. :p

Jack cw

And the point of this would be... what? Having the EPL and the Bundesliga? Then there's no point, because EA has those licenses exclusively and there's no way around it.

They could outbid them when the licences expire. But I guess thats impossible. I wonder how much those licences cost because they are exclusive too which is insane.

rvy

Banned
They could outbid them when the licences expire. But I guess thats impossible. I wonder how much those licences cost because they are exclusive too which is insane.

Anyone outbidding EA ever.

pls

They know their game is casual shit that loses its appeal after 4 weeks. Losing the licenses would be insane, they would have to sell the game on its merits as opposed to its licenses.

Meier

Aguuuueeeerrroooo! has to be #1 but that Bayern-Chelsea final was pretty damn great. When Drogba scored that goal.. unreal.

I doubt even his daughter respects him anymore. I bet she's sucking Zaha's dick in the living room.

Genuinely great comment.

Korean Messi is the biggest talent isn't he? He broke Messi's goal scoring record for a youth level I can't remember.

City are apparently trying to get him. We'll see what happens.

Salazar

Zaha does actually have theoretically useful traits for us.

When he goes down the line, he properly fucking legs it. Like he's not expecting to be stopped. Which is how it should be.

And he likes to cut inside.

Jack cw

Anyone outbidding EA ever.

pls

They know their game is casual shit that loses its appeal after 4 weeks. Losing the licenses would be insane, they would have to sell the game on its merits as opposed to its licenses.

Absolutely. Thats why I think Konami should go all in to force EA Sports out of the game. But as you said, wont happen. Ever.

The Llama

When he goes down the line, he properly fucking legs it. Like he's not expecting to be stopped. Which is how it should be.

Zaha was always a ridiculous signing for the fee they paid IMO. Shame for him, really, since I think he would have developed a lot more if he had just stayed at Palace for another year. That said, I always thought he was a bit overrated anyway.

City are apparently trying to get him. We'll see what happens.

I don't think he'll go. He also has some korean friends in Barca's youth team.

Zaha has the tools. He just needs to learn how to utilize it better and has to be more consistent with his first touches. He also needs to work harder. It's a big reason why I'm not keen on him.

On the subject of players out on loan. Wigan fans think Nick Powell is a lot like Berba in that he really is lazy on the pitch. I also heard he's not much of a worker off the pitch.

Salazar

Zaha was always a ridiculous signing for the fee they paid IMO. Shame for him, really, since I think he would have developed a lot more if he had just stayed at Palace for another year. That said, I always thought he was a bit overrated anyway.

True.

I've come round to Viva's view on him. Swap for Reus.

operon

When Liverpool finish above Arsenal this season, I'll lay out a novel's worth of quotes from jtb about how Liverpool are harmless, aren't top 4 contenders, are never going to finish above Arsenal, are nothing to worry about, etc.

There will be narrative, as he slowly comes to recognize that the table is turning, and his dismissive attitude turns to desperate attempts to save face.

It will be a top 5 footygaf moment.
Which one of them bet that Arsenal would finish above Liverpool this season

Bumhead

Banned
I think this is the first year out of the last 15 or 16 that we have nothing to play for in March.

We've either been fighting for promotion or - far more commonly - to avoid relegation. We are currently 13th on 48 points so aren't going down and it's too late for a play off push.

Considering we didn't win a game until November I'll take this though. What a turn around. If only we'd managed to beat the might of Yeovil and Doncaster Rovers though, maybe we would have been talking about the play-offs.

Carbonox

That Zac Efron thread in OT is making me laugh every time I click on it. Just seeing "Mutual combat" brings a flash of Mortal Kombat-related thoughts, sayings and the theme tune in to my head.

Don't Sal.

He legs it cos he's kicked it that fucking far he has to.

Wilbur

Banned
UGHHH today's been mad.

Woke up at half 9 for a phone interview with one PR place at 10, didn't get a phone call. 11 o'clock, still no call. Tried ringing them and couldn't get through.

Come 1 I get an email from arnie's company saying I've made the next stage of their scheme and they want a phone interview, and then I get an email while replying from the first place saying they've been trying to get through to me all day when the only calls I've had are from my boss asking me to work from 6 and from Kipless RIP for moral support

And to top it all off I need to go get my haircut and I'm doing a big shit

Pls

Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot058.jpg

Damn, son.

Damn.

Looks great, but with that IQ I have no doubt it's a bullshot, running at 5fps on some monster pc with crazy amounts of supersampling.

UGHHH today's been mad.

Woke up at half 9 for a phone interview with one PR place at 10, didn't get a phone call. 11 o'clock, still no call. Tried ringing them and couldn't get through.

Come 1 I get an email from arnie's company saying I've made the next stage of their scheme and they want a phone interview, and then I get an email while replying from the first place saying they've been trying to get through to me all day when the only calls I've had are from my boss asking me to work from 6 and from Kipless RIP for moral support

Pls

You probably gave them the wrong phone number.

Salazar

Don't Sal.

He legs it cos he's kicked it that fucking far he has to.

No fear. I don't want him back.

Ideally, a mug like Pardew will scoop him up. Transfer window gonna be mad, with or without Moyes.

Be relieved to see some players out the door. As someone mentioned, Hernandez is a good guy, but there's been no point in him being with us for a long time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Batman pls. Leather pants in the rain
KuGsj.gif

UGHHH today's been mad.

Pls

Why are you nervous! It's just a phone interview! Hell, do it naked if you want.
3AQmK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom