• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
UnkemptSpottedCricket.gif

No, this only affects friendlies. An attempt to make them meaningful.

#justabunchomates

Cheers

As an aside, I'm not sure where I stand on countries like San Marino being in the qualifiers. Its good for romantic and fairness reasons, but they really are completely pointless games, which do nothing but interrupt the flow of domestic football. Perhaps there could be a system where there's a sub league with, say the 12 (or whatever makes it mathematically sound) worst teams in Europe fighting for spots in the main qualifiers. Then you'd have the problems of:

-Those teams not bothering with the games against eachother, as the only reward would be getting twatted against the good teams
-Those teams would struggle to get a game aside from the games in the sub-league, aside from friendlies against other rubbish teams. And their football teams will not be able to improve if they're stuck playing against eachother. Even though its very unlikely that any of the nation I'm talking about will ever be of a decent quality, they should be given the chance to improve ito such a state, surely?

Thoughts?

Arnie

Bit rough now, but god I love rolling to another Brendan win on a week night.

And what a win it was. And those flags before the match. Game was over before the players even got off the bus.

Even if we don't win it - slim fucking chance - this has been a remarkable season of football.

LegoArmo

Manchester United's Class of 92 'in talks over Old Trafford takeover bid'

David Beckham and his former Manchester United teammates are exploring the possibility of buying out the club, according to reports

Do it!

Jack cw

The one common factor in both teams. Not a coincidence. Goat.
Still cant believe all the naysayers doubting him. I even rate his Barca time higher than with Bayern until now. That team before 2008 was fourth in the league and far away from a dominting force. Pep changed everything and while he is shitty with transfers, his tactical knowledge and obsession with working on details is amazing. He led that team 4 years in a row in to the CL semis and won it twice. He took over a nearly perfect Bayern team and made them even better, with great transfers like Thiago and Götze and is about to repeat another dominating era with a club. This guy is seriously crazy, but thats why he is indeed GOAT.
Sometimes I rate it even higher than VII. Loved it when I was young.

It is in every regard better than FF7. Even Kingdom Hearts 2 was better than FF7.

Looking through the reports on United over the last couple of days and Moyes is becoming a figure of fun now.

"David Moyes excuse generator".

I doubt even his daughter respects him anymore. I bet she's sucking Zaha's dick in the living room.

Looking through the reports on United over the last couple of days and Moyes is becoming a figure of fun now.

"David Moyes excuse generator".

I doubt even his daughter respects him anymore. I bet she's sucking Zaha's dick in the living room.

He needs to leave before he completely burns his own reputation at this point.

@Milanello said:
Fiorentina have decided not to buy Matri as they aren't satisfied with his performances. He will return to Milan after the season.
Damn, I thought that those two goals he scored in his first match with Fiorentina made him the best striker ever. People were telling me that we made a mistake by letting him go on a loan. I don't understand :(

Bayern and Barca 69ing eachother is the worst thing I've ever seen in this thread.

Not true.

Must have been this day when Arsenal was still first (lol) and all those Arsenal fans were going crazy over how they'll sign Diego Costa and Reus and Draxler and whothefuckelse. That was proper fucked up.

Not true.

Must have been this day when Arsenal was still first (lol) and all those Arsenal fans were going crazy how they'll sign everyone. That was proper fucked up.

I don't recall that tbh

Can well believe that it happened though.

Lightning, jtb, wedward, Baki, Barzul, omgkitty, the walrus, GHG, Mr Marston and Suen doing sweepstakes between Suarez, Cavani, Vidal, Ali Dia, Dzeko, Maradona, Costa and Mandukic, while Salva watches on with Windows Notepad running on his laptop, just endless typing #smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh

Nothing will ever be worse than the fallout from the Classico games a couple of seasons back.

Genuinely couldn't bear to read the thread.

Jack cw

I've started FF VII for the first time and I'm only shortly in - after the crossdressing scene - but I just don't get why this game is so praised yet. Maybe once it opens up I'll see. It's too early to tell anyway.
Most of the magic was in 1997 when I played for the first time and was blown away by the presentation and the rewarding renderscenes. But looking back at it, its a decent RPG but FF8 had a way better story and simply better gameplay functions.
i laughed about this comment back then and i still laugh about it now.
Because its true :p
Bayern and Barca 69ing eachother is the worst thing I've ever seen in this thread.
Not true.
Must have been this day when Arsenal was still first (lol) and all those Arsenal fans were going crazy over how they'll sign Diego Costa and Reus and Draxler and whothefuckelse. That was proper fucked up.
This a hundred times! And hyping Özil... and Oxlade-Chamberlains dribbling against Bayern that resulted in nothing.

Suen

Not true.

Must have been this day when Arsenal was still first (lol) and all those Arsenal fans were going crazy how they'll sign everyone. That was proper fucked up.
That's just Arsenal fans who are desperate to win something after so many trophyless years. You have to understand where we are coming from even though many of us went mental and made us look like a bunch of twats. Besides that's just funny and mostly sad.

Barca and Bayern sucking each other's dick in this thread is the most disgusting thing I've seen on a forum. Bayern gaf is fine in that they mostly talk about their team and their league but Barca fans getting all warm and comfy with Bayern fans in this thread when they trashed them, "the best team in the world", by seven goals (three in Camp Nou itself) is just pathetic and shows no dignity, something you already know the modern cheating Barca club doesn't have. You kind of understand why though; majority of the Barca fans started watching football six years ago so they wouldn't know any better.

Jack cw

Barca and Bayern sucking each other's dick in this thread is the most disgusting thing I've seen on a forum. Bayern gaf is fine in that they mostly talk about their team and their league but Barca fans getting all warm and comfy with Bayern fans in this thread when they trashed them, "the best team in the world", by seven goals (three in Camp Nou itself) is just pathetic and shows no dignity, something you already know the modern cheating Barca club doesn't have. You kind of understand why though; majority of the Barca fans started watching football six years ago so they wouldn't know any better.

tumblr_n2pafzmHmK1r6ibubo6_250.gif

I fucking love you Suen, and I don't know why. I think it's the delectable mixture of disappointment in Madrid, bitterness towards Barca, trolling, and the way you just ignore the whole 3-team thing while you have a go at other fans :D

Suen

I don't recall that tbh

Can well believe that it happened though.

Lightning, jtb, wedward, Baki, Barzul, omgkitty, the walrus, GHG, Mr Marston and Suen doing sweepstakes between Suarez, Cavani, Vidal, Ali Dia, Dzeko, Maradona, Costa and Mandukic, while Salva watches on with Windows Notepad running on his laptop, just endless typing #smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh#smh

Cavani was just a dream
I never mentioned Vidal
I mentioned we could forget about Costa.
I wasn't fan of getting Dzeko

Do one.

They're gonna do the same with whoever follows him.

I've started FF VII for the first time and I'm only shortly in - after the crossdressing scene - but I just don't get why this game is so praised yet. Maybe once it opens up I'll see. It's too early to tell anyway.
It won't have the same wow-factor today as it had then. I was mindblown by the CGI then, looks bad today of course. Still if I went back and played the game it would still be the best JRPG game I've played.

Most of the magic was in 1997 when I played for the first time and was blown away by the presentation and the rewarding renderscenes. But looking back at it, its a decent RPG but FF8 had a way better story and simply better gameplay functions.

Because its true :p

This a hundred times! And hyping Özil... and Oxlade-Chamberlains dribbling against Bayern that resulted in nothing.
FF8 gets too much hate, it's good and I did like its battle system slightly more than FF7. It was harder to get into at first but became so flexible and comfortable once you understood it. The only thing I hated about it was drawing magic, fuck that part. The world wasn't as interesting as well. It's not better than FF7. Wes pls.

arkon

lol No dignity. Utter gumpf.

No dignity would be them claiming to still be the best team around even though they were completely dismantled by Bayern, making all sorts of excuses for their defeat and just generally sticking their heads in the sand/avoiding the reality of the situation.

Blablurn

since i never played any card games in my life i always feel proud when i get a win in hearthstone. i imagine i beat one typical nerd who couldnt even beat a Deutscher Meister like me.

Lakitu

st5fu
God, every day is dragging between games. Regardless if we fall out of the running for the league, I'm absolutely happy with how this season turned out.

FootballFan

Lol suen. So salty. Dignity? Do you even know what you are saying.

We thrashed bayern 5-1 in 2009. I don't remember bayern fans hating barca because of it.

Sometimes the other team is better and you accept it, unless your team is full of chokers, in that case, blame the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom