• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I want Bayern in tomorrow's draw.

Not because I think we have a chance of winning but because the world deserves the chance to see Alexander Buttner attempt to deal with Robben.

Slizz

image.php
image.php
image.php

Feorax

Made up to see Flanagan is getting a new contract. He's been exceptional this season.

Perfect example of a player who would be getting far more attention in the PL if he played on the continent with a foreign sounding name.

This whole post a picture of yourself without make up for breast cancer awareness craze that's doing the rounds on facebook really shows just how insecure some girls are. Some girls on my facebook have even refused to do it and instead posted a picture of themselves with some stupid effect from there webcam applied to it.

Made up to see Flanagan is getting a new contract. He's been exceptional this season.

Perfect example of a player who would be getting far more attention in the PL if he played on the continent with a foreign sounding name.

or if, you know, he wasn't ugly as sin.

Dibbz

Ground Zeroes and FFX HD tomorrow.

Can't wait.

Just finished GZ. I had not watched any trailers with the new voice. My excitement took a nose dive when I heard him first speak but then I started to play and I got fucking pumped again. Game is sex.

Clegg

Just finished GZ. I had not watched any trailers with the new voice. My excitement took a nose dive when I heard him first speak but then I started to play and I got fucking pumped again. Game is sex.
This is what I want to hear.

Nike is facing mounting competition from an ambitious Japanese fashion retailer as the battle to become Manchester United’s kit provider intensifies.

Uniqlo’s determination to wrest control of United’s global retail, apparel and product licensing business from Nike is continuing to drive up the value of one of the most sought-after sponsorship contracts in sport.

United are in line to net a deal worth in excess of £70 million a year as the club’s commercial pull shows no sign of diminishing despite the club’s miserable on-field performance this season.

Nike has a clause in its existing £23.5 million-a-year deal with United, which expires next year, that gives the sportswear giant the opportunity to match any rival bid.
Adidas initially appeared to be the main challenger to Nike, but while the German company remains in talks with the club, the greatest threat now seems to be coming from Uniqlo, whose willingness to throw huge amounts of money at United is being closely watched by Nike.

Uniqlo — the primary subsidiary of Fast Retailing Co Ltd, the Japanese retail giant — is eager to extend its sporting arm as part of the company’s wider global expansion and views United, who purport to have 325 million followers in Asia, as a dream partner.

Novak Djokovic, the tennis player, and Adam Scott, the golfer, are sponsored by Uniqlo, which has also provided the uniforms for Japan’s athletes at past Olympic Games, but the company is very much a newcomer in sport.

Although Uniqlo has plans to open dozens of stores in the United States, Asia, Australia and Europe, its global reach and brand appeal are tiny by comparison with Nike, which has been in partnership with United since 2002.

With so many of United’s players sponsored by Nike, a switch to a lesser-known company with little expertise in the complex sporting market would be a gamble, not to mention controversial, but the club continue to keep their options open.

Puma and Warrior — who won Liverpool’s kit deal from Adidas in 2012 — among other companies have been invited to pitch at United’s Carrington training base in recent months, a process that is understood to be ongoing.

A bidding war is only likely to increase the Barclays Premier League champions’ prospects of landing a huge windfall, with the contract expected to be worth at least double the £35 million-a-year arrangement that Arsenal announced with Puma in January.

United’s new shirt sponsorship deal with Chevrolet, worth about £340 million over seven years, will take effect from the start of next season. Last year United announced an eight-year contract with Aon worth at least £180 million to sponsor the club’s training ground and training kit.

Since the Glazer family bought the club in 2005, commercial income has more than trebled to £153 million last season.

Yes Moyes!

I think this is like 2 weeks old, but I can't remember reading this on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom