• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

I'm perversely happy that he missed it considering that it didn;t change the result, and Sturridge dived for it

And it changed the course of the game so Suarez could score :p

That 5-1 wound will be reopened when we beat you to the league by a 1+ goal difference

football deities pls
When you consider Assley Young's extrodinary acting and Rafael's cuntiness throughout the seasons some dives are nothing. Sturridge should have dived more just in that game.

The 5-1 wound will not be hopen as you will, from this week, slowly start slipping down and end up fifth as Everton beat you by 1+ GD.

Martinez pls

Jese's career is over, and Isco's neat little beard has 'palm-magnet' written all over it.
Pls don't say that. Jese injury are the worst news this season. It hurts even more since he was performing so good for his first season, really hoping he comes back strong. Damn I really wanted to see him in El Clasico :(

Why would he come back as a junior when his original account is still active? Jesus christ I know Moyes have damaged you Moyes Utd fans and that most of you are beyond help but get a grip of yourself.

ibiwJhJ3EBVtBJ.gif

Calm down. It was a joke. I never once thought it was really Andres.

If someone came in and said something bacon would say (some thing racist) I would have said welcome back Bacon. Get a grip pls.

When you consider Assley Young's extrodinary acting and Rafael's cuntiness throughout the seasons some dives are nothing. Sturridge should have dived more just in that game.

The 5-1 wound will not be hopen as you will, from this week, slowly start slipping down and end up fifth as Everton beat you by 1+ GD.

Martinez pls

Pfft

Buckshot Brendan > The Loan Ranger

Any estimate on Jese's time to return to training yet? Guessing 6 months is an optimistic hope. We'll give him the gametime he'll need to get back to full fitness, yous lot can have him back in summer 2015

Suen

ibiwJhJ3EBVtBJ.gif

Calm down. It was a joke. I never once thought it was really Andres.

If someone came in and said something bacon would say (some thing racist) I would have said welcome back Bacon. Get a grip pls.
But racism and Bacon = exclusive relationship.

Drunk football fan != Andres, just look at Wilbrrr. He is drunk plenty of times as he rants about pussy and Moyes winning everything.

Pfft

Buckshot Brendan > The Loan Ranger

Any estimate on Jese's time to return to training yet? Guessing 6 months is an optimistic hope. We'll give him the gametime he'll need to get back to full fitness, yous lot can have him back in summer 2015
The Brendeemer fuel is vaninishing, you better prepare tuning in for European football on Thursdays.

Don't think there's any estimated time, just that it ended his season. I'd love to have him back for the pre-season but doubtful that will happpen. You can have him till the winter transfer window and then give him back with Suarez in exchange for Benz. Look how Benz season is shining now, he's not so bad.

9 goals in 24 PL games. Surprised?

jYMfxTJuc5kJr_e.jpg
Sure he's not been a beast at scoring many goals but considering it's his first season in BPL and how much faster City have become in attacking with him up there I expected a bit more.

Tbf, I barely know who Jese is.
He's not really that well-known yet, even less so outside of La Liga, but he's promising, very promising.

But racism and Bacon = exclusive relationship.

Drunk football fan != Andres, just look at Wilbrrr. He is drunk plenty of times as he rants about pussy and Moyes winning everything.

Since when did Wilbur come into the thread and say "I'm durnkkkkkkk!" like Andres used to? Come on m9. Wilbur posts more than that. He would probably say something like "I was drunk and almost fucked a midget clown."

Sure he's not been a beast at scoring many goals but considering it's his first season in BPL and how much faster City have become in attacking with him up there I expected a bit more.

Negredo has been fantastic, but the poll was asking about the PL. Negredo has done most of his damage outside of the PL.

Suen

Welbeck has 9 goals... in 19 games. DAT MOYES.
looooooool Tsaroslav <3

Please tell me how you feel about AVB and exiting CL with that score against Dortmund.

Since when did Wilbur come into the thread and say "I'm durnkkkkkkk!" like Andres used to? Come on m9. Wilbur posts more than that. He would probably say something like "I was drunk and almost fucked a midget clown."
Ok tbf he rarely does it here. It happens more on whatsapp :lol

The Brendeemer fuel is vaninishing, you better prepare tuning in for European football on Thursdays.

Don't think there's any estimated time, just that it ended his season. I'd love to have him back for the pre-season but doubtful that will happpen. You can have him till the winter transfer window and then give him back with Suarez in exchange for Benz. Look how Benz season is shining now, he's not so bad.

I don't care how many goals Benz scores, he's shite.

And The Kite of Brendan is flying high

l1.png

EL draw is gonna be so rigged. they'll go for a Juve v Benfica finals so they'll get paired with the easiest teams. it's gonna look something like this:

Benfica v AZ/Basel
Juve v Basel/AZ
Porto v Valencia
Lyon v Sevilha

I have a confession to make:

I'm kind of interested in watching Attack on Titan

The premise sounds interesting. Is the English dub good? (assuming there is one)

looooooool Tsaroslav <3

Please tell me how you feel about AVB and exiting CL with that score against Dortmund.

Ok tbf he rarely does it here. It happens more on whatsapp :lol

The reason I like the AVB signing the most is that I know he wouldn't have taken the job if we didn't promise him that we'd spend big on transfers. Which we desperately need. AVB is motivated to repair his image and is young enough to learn from his mistakes. He'll have a longer leash and more autonomy here than he did in England so hopefully he'll succeed. #NOWISTHETIME

The 2nd leg against Dortmund just confirmed my suspicions that Spalletti was a cancer to the team. If we fired him in December like I wanted to we might have actually had a chance to beat Dortmund. Oh well I guess I'll just have to settle for the treble next season.

Roman Abramovich should face sanctions, says Vladimir Putin critic
David Cameron and Barack Obama were facing calls on Thursday night to take financial action against Roman Abramovich, the Chelsea FC owner, over Russia’s annexation of Crimea.
A prominent Russian opposition politician said Western governments’ response to the Crimean crisis should include seizing the assets of wealthy Russian businessmen, including Mr Abramovich and Alisher Usmanov, a major shareholder in Arsenal FC.
So far, Western sanctions imposed in protest at Russian aggression in Ukraine have fallen on Russian politicians and officials.
But Alexei Navalny, a leading critic of Vladimir Putin, said the sanctions should be aimed at billionaire “oligarchs” with close links to the Russian president.

Mr Navalny said the West should take action including “freezing the oligarchs’ financial assets and seizing their property”.
In an article in the New York Times, he called for action against a list of businessmen including Mr Abramovich and Mr Usmanov.
Neither man has any public connection to Mr Putin or the Russian government.
Mr Abramovich declined to comment. He is understood to consider himself a private citizen with no connection to the Russian government, meaning there should be no question of sanctions being applied to him.
The White House on Thursday night imposed sanctions on at least half the names on Mr Navalny’s list – including Mr Putin’s right-hand man, Sergei Ivanov. However, neither Mr Abramovich nor Mr Usmanov faces any action from US authorities. Nor has Britain taken any action against them so far.

Government sources said there was no question of sanctions against the pair. Britain is targeting action solely on people involved in fomenting trouble in Ukraine, a source said.
Brooks Newmark, a Conservative MP, said Russian oligarchs should be included in an expanded sanctions regime.
“It is better to focus on the money men around Putin,” he said. “That would hurt Putin far more than attacking a bunch of politicians. The oligarchs are where the real power lies.”
Parliamentary support for targeting the oligarchs is growing, Mr Newmark said.
“There is a general feeling that we should be tightening the noose around those closest to Putin.”
Dr Andrew Foxall, director of the Russian Studies Centre at the Henry Jackson Society think tank, said there was a “legitimate case” for sanctions against Mr Abramovich and other oligarchs because they help keep Mr Putin in power.
“We know that Abramovich is part of Putin’s inner circle,” he said. “There is a case to argue that, like Crimea was Ukraine’s soft underbelly, the oligarchs are Putin’s soft underbelly.
“London is where they have their property, where their assets are, where their wives shop and their children go to school. Without the support the oligarchs give to Putin he would not be in power.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10713040/Roman-Abramovich-should-face-sanctions-says-Vladimir-Putin-critic.html

Suen

I don't care how many goals Benz scores, he's shite.

And The Kite of Brendan is flying high
Hahahaha pls.

The premise sounds interesting. Is the English dub good? (assuming there is one)
Just warning you: the manga isn't over yet and it's fucking slow. I'm not talking about the monthly chapter release itself (which is painful enough) but that the story develops very slowly. That said the anime version ends in the middle of the ongoing story but quality is good and it is a very entertaining otherwise. Some episodes are shite because they do nothing but talk in it about one decision. I mean it, they can talk about ONE little decision for 20 minutes when it could have been done in 2-3 minutes. I don't recall having several chapters for one decision in the manga but tbh I read those chapters years ago so I'm likely forgetting lots of details.

sohois

There isn't an English dub yet, but I believe one has been announced. You'll have to wait a while though, just watch it subbed if you want to watch it.

It's like the Lost of anime. there's certainly better stuff out there but it's easy to get caught up in the mystery and excitement of the show. From what I gather people who have started watching it now, when the first series has fully aired, appreciate it more than those of us who watched it as it was airing; the pacing is a lot less irritating whe. you don't have to wait a week for something to happen.

There isn't an English dub yet, but I believe one has been announced. You'll have to wait a while though, just watch it subbed if you want to watch it.

It's like the Lost of anime. there's certainly better stuff out there but it's easy to get caught up in the mystery and excitement of the show. From what I gather people who have started watching it now, when the first series has fully aired, appreciate it more than those of us who watched it as it was airing; the pacing is a lot less irritating whe. you don't have to wait a week for something to happen.

You don't know me at all, sohois-chan.

Cheers guys, will wait for the English dub. Are they just dubbing the stuff that's already out there, or will they keep up with new episodes?

sohois

You don't know me at all, sohois-chan.

Cheers guys, will wait for the English dub. Are they just dubbing the stuff that's already out there, or will they keep up with new episodes?

I wasn't aware you had ever mentioned a preference for dubbing over subbing. These kind of small details aren't things I can really remember.

As Suen mentioned, the show is based on an ongoing manga. There isn't even enough material yet for a second season, so don't expect season 2 until 2015. So there shouldn't be problems with the dub not being up to date.

Suen

The reason I like the AVB signing the most is that I know he wouldn't have taken the job if we didn't promise him that we'd spend big on transfers. Which we desperately need. AVB is motivated to repair his image and is young enough to learn from his mistakes. He'll have a longer leash and more autonomy here than he did in England so hopefully he'll succeed. #NOWISTHETIME

The 2nd leg against Dortmund just confirmed my suspicions that Spalletti was a cancer to the team. If we fired him in December like I wanted to we might have actually had a chance to beat Dortmund. Oh well I guess I'll just have to settle for the treble next season.
You'd need to spend big though if you want to attract proven players (who aren't past their prime). Those kind of players are always going to want to go to the big ones in Spain, Germany (only Bayern), England or Serie A (if they still get paid enough). Going to the Russian league or a league like Ligue 1 isn't exactly the dream of those who wish to play at the highest level so you'd have to throw lots of money like Monaco and PSG did to attract them. Otherwise you'll be relying on players from less popular leagues (where they earn less money) who look very promising but might as well become shite few years down the road; a gamble basically.

I kind of miss Spaghetti coaching Zenit. There was something attractive about it....

You'd need to spend big though if you want to attract proven players (who aren't past their prime). Those kind of players are always going to want to go to the big ones in Spain, Germany (only Bayern), England or Serie A (if they still get paid enough). Going to the Russian league or a league like Ligue 1 isn't exactly the dream of those who wish to play at the highest level so you'd have to throw lots of money like Monaco and PSG did to attract them. Otherwise you'll be relying on players from less popular leagues (where they earn less money) who look very promising but might as well become shite few years down the road; a gamble basically.

I kind of miss Spaghetti coaching Zenit. There was something attractive about it....

That's why we've lately been targeting players from the shower of shite known as the Portuguese league. It's full of South American mercenaries who don't care where they play as long as we line their pockets. AVB should help with that. Something like Garay + Fernando would be a nice haul for the summer.

As for Spaghetti, his time has definitely come. He lost the team.

I wasn't aware you had ever mentioned a preference for dubbing over subbing. These kind of small details aren't things I can really remember.

As Suen mentioned, the show is based on an ongoing manga. There isn't even enough material yet for a second season, so don't expect season 2 until 2015. So there shouldn't be problems with the dub not being up to date.

You mean you don't pore over every post I make and obsess over every word I say? wtf

People like you will be straight up the gallows when I claim my birthright as Premier of the Formerly British Isles :p

Feorax

I see the Suarez to City rumours have started up again.

Put it this way, if we make the CL this season, there's no way City could afford him and not fall embarrassingly short of FFP requirements. He won't go to a rival for less than a 9 figure sum, and his wages will need to be around £300k a week plus before there's even a remote chance of the move happening.

Suen

You mean you don't pore over every post I make and obsess over every word I say? wtf

People like you will be straight up the gallows when I claim my birthright as Premier of the Formerly British Isles :p
dubbing of anime is most of the time bad. Hitcher I'm sorry, while we can agree Kpop is one big pile of shit we have to disagree on dubbing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Txiki is gonna deliver Suarez in the summer. /muppetry.

When you get rid of Rodwell, Milner, Richards and Lescott, won't you have to sign some English players? Do you still own Sinclair?

Jack cw

According to Sky Italia (!) Mario Mandzukics agent is in London in talks with Chealsea and/or Arsenal. Tranferfee is around 20 million pounds.

TeddyBoy

According to Sky Italia (!) Mario Mandzukics agent is in London in talks with Chealsea and/or Arsenal. Tranferfee is around 20 million pounds.

Is that dimarzo from twitter? They had loads of stories during the winter and summer transfer windows, I wouldn't believe a word they said.

Jack cw

Is that dimarzo from twitter? They had loads of stories during the winter and summer transfer windows, I wouldn't believe a word they said.

Sure, but its not a secret that Lewandowski is coming to Bayern and Mandzukic might lose his starting position. Cheking out interest is legitimate.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Di Marzio is generally on the money, I find. I wouldn't dismiss his stories immediately like I would with most other journalists.

TeddyBoy

Di Marzio is generally on the money, I find. I wouldn't dismiss his stories immediately like I would with most other journalists.

He can be, but I think he jumps the gun on his stories quite a lot. The first sign of movement and they'll post about it.

Sure, but its not a secret that Lewandowski is coming to Bayern and Mandzukic might lose his starting position. Cheking out interest is legitimate.

I can see Chelsea and Arsenal enquiring, but I doubt they'd start talks so early. Plus unless Bayern allowed him too, Mandzukic wouldn't be able to talk to anyone yet anyway (except a couple general questions from his agent).

I'd say this is more speculation than a story, Chelsea want a world class striker and I doubt they'd settle for Mandzukic. Arsenal can probably buy someone cheaper or of better value.

LTWheels

Don't know why Suarez would want to leave to a club that will finish below us in the league. Plus Cuty have a shit ton of good strikers already.

Jack cw

I'd say this is more speculation than a story, Chelsea want a world class striker and I doubt they'd settle for Mandzukic. Arsenal can probably buy someone cheaper or of better value.

There are only 3 or 5 world class strikers on the market and nearly all are priceless and wont move. Arsene Wenger stated several times that he was always interested in Mandzukic who is top class. He is far better than Benzema for example.

And CL draw is in less than 50 minutes!
bildschirmfoto2014-03v4z2p.png

Mastadon

Banned
I love the praise Flanagan is getting at the moment. I remember when he was named in the team against Everton and I said something along the lines of giving them the three points because he'd inevitably fuck up.

He was MoTM.
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom