• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Was Shenmue even any good? What was so special about it? I mean, it was on the Dreamcast - the most irrelevant console since the early 80s. (Obvs I've never played it.)

Cosmos is top. Liked how the second episode dealt with evolution considering how scientifically illiterate some parts of America are (and similarly many of Northern Ireland's politicians, hence why I find that interesting)

Messi

Best striker in Europe.

kloppe3kzr.gif

Was Shenmue even any good? What was so special about it? I mean, it was on the Dreamcast - the most irrelevant console since the early 80s. (Obvs I've never played it.)

Shenmue is and was a mind blowing game. What they managed to achieve with that hardware back in the day eclipses pretty much any modern game in scope and execution even today.

Its obviously aged a bit but its still a classic.

I can't stop shaking in anger. My cousin ended his life this morning after an awful year. He's the third person I know who has done it this last couple years, and the third in my family who has committed suicide. He, like me, has BPD/OCD but he was only allowed to seek treatment recently. Im just broken.
He didn't deserve this. Deactivated my Facebook to avoid looking at all the half passed condolences on his wall and in my messages. This really has been the worst couple of years I've had. Really need to spot people in need and help them instead of letting them down.

I can't stop shaking in anger. My cousin ended his life this morning after an awful year. He's the third person I know who has done it this last couple years, and the third in my family who has committed suicide. He, like me, has BPD/OCD but he was only allowed to seek treatment recently. Im just broken.
He didn't deserve this. Deactivated my Facebook to avoid looking at all the half passed condolences on his wall and in my messages. This really has been the worst couple of years I've had. Really need to spot people in need and help them instead of letting them down.

Damn man. My condolences. Obviously it would be nice to catch everything, but don't go around beating yourself up over possible suicidal signs you could or could not have spotted on your cousin.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm so sorry to hear that Atticus. You can't let yourself believe you let anyone down though, that will not have been the case. I know from one or two suicides (well one suicide, one attempted) in my own family and friend groups that if someone's going to do it, there's very little rationalising they do in their own head. They think that's the best thing to do and they do it, regardless of what anyone says. Don't blame yourself. Go be with the rest of your family, remember your cousin for what he was, not what you think you couldn't do for him. Hope you and his loved ones are good, man.

Zabojnik

That's horrible, Atticus. Condolances.

2nd episode was much better as it was more focused.

It's still a bit too basic for my taste, but the production values make up for it. Couldn't help but laugh out at the "look you dumbasses, evolution is a FACT, deal with it" segment. It still amazes me that there seems to be a very significant (or at least very vocal) segment of the US population that outright denies evolution, wants to have it removed from textbooks, etc. In 2014. I don't even.

faridmon

I am really sorry to hear that Atticus. You have to stay strong despite the bad streak you are having. I know its easier said than this, but maybe you are one of the few personnel in the family/friends who can hold everyone together.

I really feel bad, because I feel useless while writing this :(

flyover

This is great. Moyes really does have them playing like a Hodgson team. With the personnel they have, it just makes no sense. What helps you overachieve with an undermanned squad doesn't always work at a club with more resources.

Maybe it'll be like Liverpool with Hodgson. The club legend steps in to replace the flailing coach who's stubbornly using outdated tactics. The legend then steps aside for a young manager who can bring the club back to prominence. (Hopefully not too soon though. The Moyes era has been way too entertaining.)

The Llama

It's better than Warrior and would be interesting to see how they do over Nike.

A bit too early to say whether they're better/worse than anyone!

That said, I really love the a lot of the stuff Warrior has put out for Liverpool (the home kits, training kits, etc.). Its always just the away and 3rd kits that are, uh, interesting...

This is great. Moyes really does have them playing like a Hodgson team. With the personnel they have, it just makes no sense. What helps you overachieve with an undermanned squad doesn't always work at a club with more resources.

Maybe it'll be like Liverpool with Hodgson. The club legend steps in to replace the flailing coach who's stubbornly using outdated tactics. The legend then steps aside for a young manager who can bring the club back to prominence. (Hopefully not too soon though. The Moyes era has been way too entertaining.)

IMO its no surprise. I mean, there was a reason no bigger club ever wanted to hire him.

GorillaJu

I'm starting to believe Rodgers is a really astute tactician. Always knew he was a good man manager but it's been more and more apparent to me that he really knows what he's doing. The fact that he's found a position where Gerrard can thrive is a testament enough.

A bit too early to say whether they're better/worse than anyone!

Despite them having no experience with football, I honestly cannot imagine them being worse than Warrior. Warrior are just so tacky. There's a reason why they love tribal, all over print, and butchered asian style writing. Hell, part of the reason why I think Odd likes them is because they're so shit that it's charming.

jose-enriques-brilliant-reaction-to-the-new-liverpool-away-shirt.jpg

GorillaJu

Exactly, Kid A. It's kitschy. And the home jerseys are legit, straight forward really great kits. The away and third kits are charming in the same way Seinfeld in a puffy shirt is charming.

Flutter, everyone loves Uniqlo, dude! They're the biggest (or one of the biggest) company in Japan. If I ever buy an expensive new jacket or something, I always get one or two things to "fill in the blanks" from Uniqlo, since it's so cheap and the quality and fit is passable.

TeddyBoy

My condolences Atticus, you've been through a lot these last couple years but you sound like your still ok and tried to not let this get you down. Continue being strong mate and don't let this get into your head, it's not your fault.

Love you too Herr K.

Suen

You are if you come into the thread to say you're drunk like Andres used to do.
Why would he come back as a junior when his original account is still active? Jesus christ I know Moyes have damaged you Moyes Utd fans and that most of you are beyond help but get a grip of yourself.

Suen

On Sunday against Genoa ...
i3DCX3HDaM8Cv.gif

... four days later.
ibj2HvlVf2hBfu.gif

The mastah. <3
Beautiful and amazing that he can still pull it off as he grows older. Pirlo is class, this will make our victory in Turin even more glorious in two weeks.

OH SHIT SUEN-BABY
Hitcher <3. I saw the result of Moyes Utd - Liverpool, it was amazing, but the only sad thing was the penalty hat trick not happening :(
Regardless the result made the trashing of Arsenal in Anfield feel slightly less hurtful

Hitcher <3. I saw the result of Moyes Utd - Liverpool, it was amazing, but the only sad thing was the penalty hat trick not happening :(
Regardless the result made the trashing of Arsenal in Anfield feel slightly less hurtful

I'm perversely happy that he missed it considering that it didn;t change the result, and Sturridge dived for it

And it changed the course of the game so Suarez could score :p

That 5-1 wound will be reopened when we beat you to the league by a 1+ goal difference

football deities pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom