• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

UMF starts today in Miami. Terrible traffic for 3 straight days incoming.

Might go this year if my buddy gets his hookup. I went last year and it was pretty fun, there is gonna be more hip-hop this year so I'd be looking forward to that.
My bro was in a band that played Ultra many years ago. Looks like it'd be a lot of fun if you have some drugs. Which i guess everybody does.

Farid, King_moc. I'm just gonna see if I can make it to London, the price of the festival won't be too much trouble. But I have to see what it will cost me to fly there and a cheap hotel and what not. If we could do a meet up then that would be awesome.
Someone let this dude sleep on their couch or floor.

Slizz

My bro was in a band that played Ultra many years ago. Looks like it'd be a lot of fun if you have some drugs. Which i guess everybody does.

Yeah, when I went last year I was definitely on a more sober level than most. It is fun though, lot of people from different countries and tons of females.

faridmon

Farid, King_moc. I'm just gonna see if I can make it to London, the price of the festival won't be too much trouble. But I have to see what it will cost me to fly there and a cheap hotel and what not. If we could do a meet up then that would be awesome.

Well, if everything lines up perfectly, I might have somewhere for you to stay. Let me buy the tickets first and decide on things, so take it a long-shot guarantee!

Yeah, I'm keeping tabs on festivals troughout Europe just to be sad I can't go to all of them :p

I remember this one was leaked somewhere before the official website and ticket info were up. This line-up is pretty crazy for a first year. But it's ATP, Primavera and Pitchfork working together so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Another festival going good this year is La Route Du Rock. I need to make sure I can make it to go there next year. The past few years been constantly good line-up wise and the location is absolutely stunning. http://www.laroutedurock.com/english/

Also quite happy with Best Kept Secret which I'm actually going to. They announced The War on Drugs, Forest Swords and a few more names this morning.

Lykke li so high and huge on the poster

Mogwai so small and down on the poster

fuck that festival.

faridmon

Sounds good. Keep y'all posted. And PM me if you know anything Farid :)

Will do!

My former flatmates are renovating their house in order to lease it in the future. I really don't know Ho much they are gonna change the house and whether some rooms will be left, but I am sure the Living room and its Sofa is gonna be there.

I am gonne visit London This Easter and talk to them and see whats up!

Lylle li so high and huge on the poster

fuck that festival.

The smaller those letter are for Mogwai, the better.

Linius

Lylle li so high and huge on the poster

fuck that festival.

Well yeah that's obvious. As opposed to a lot of other countries (especially Spain) we don't get much subsidy for festivals like this from the government. So to make money they have to book some acts like that and place them high on the bill to lure more people. It's the only way they can maintain a big festival like that. If they were to set up something like Primavera for example it would flop immensly.

Jarnet87

UMF starts today in Miami. Terrible traffic for 3 straight days incoming.

Might go this year if my buddy gets his hookup. I went last year and it was pretty fun, there is gonna be more hip-hop this year so I'd be looking forward to that.

I'm gonna stream it from home because i am an old fart. Ticket prices for Ultra are crazy these days. When I was in highschool you could get them for $60-$80 presale. Silly EDM posers, all your doing is jacking up the price.

Was thinking about the game vs Bayern on Tuesday, we honestly should line up like this

4-4-1-1
De Gea
Rafael Jones Fit CB(lawls) Evra
Valencia Fletcher Cleverly Welbeck
Fellaini
Rooney​

Were at home but Moyes is a coward and will go defensive. Our players have no ability or confidence to play out of the back, combined with Bayerns pressure means we will be hoofing it first touch every chance we get. If were gonna hoof it we may as well have Fellaini up the field as an outlet. We Everton now. Football Genius.

Will do!

My former flatmates are renovating their house in order to lease it in the future. I really don't know Ho much they are gonna change the house and whether some rooms will be left, but I am sure the Living room and its Sofa is gonna be there.

I am gonne visit London This Easter and talk to them and see whats up!

Nope. Just nope.

Well yeah that's obvious. As opposed to a lot of other countries (especially Spain) we don't get much subsidy for festivals like this from the government. So to make money they have to book some acts like that and place them high on the bill to lure more people. It's the only way they can maintain a big festival like that. If they were to set up something like Primavera for example it would flop immensly.

Come to Roskilde Festival and lets get drunk together for a week.

Honestly I'm not that into their albums, but caught them a few times at festivals and they have been one of my favorite concerts there every time.

Did you buy ire works?

Slizz

I'm gonna stream it from home because i am an old fart. Ticket prices for Ultra are crazy these days. When I was in highschool you could get them for $60-$80 presale. Silly EDM posers, all your doing is jacking up the price.

Yeah, it's almost getting to the point where its too big for its own good.

faridmon

Oh man, I am sure I saw one of those super niche Shibuya-key groups who haven't released anything in a decade, release something last month, but I can't find it where I saw it. Someone on Last FM asked me for information and it just disappeared of the face of the internet.

Nope. Just nope.

Lets face it. They have been recycling their previous coats in their newer album in different coats and Rave tapes was shit!

WoodenLung said:
Honestly I'm not that into their albums, but caught them a few times at festivals and they have been one of my favorite concerts there every time.

Did you buy ire works?

My bad, Live wise, I haven't kept up with them since they are always premium whenever they do a live show, but their records haven't been outstanding in quite sometimes.

as for ire, my backlog is keeping me from getting it. but now that you have reminded me, I shall do it this weekends since next month is gonna be slaughter when it comes for music releases.

Oh man, I am sure I saw one of those super niche Shibuya-key groups who haven't released anything in a decade, release something last month, but I can't find it where I saw it. Someone on Last FM asked me for information and it just disappeared of the face of the internet.

Speaking of stupidly hard music to get your hands on, I had a few songs from Greg Puciatos old Baltimore band. But I wanted the whole thing, so I managed to find a few of the old members on facebook and tried to message them.... You have to pay to message people not on your friend list unless it just goes into a spam folder! Fucking facebook... and I did it anyway. But at least it seems to have paid off.

Did you buy ire works, farid-chan? Go listen to it on spotify or something!

faridmon

Speaking of stupidly hard music to get your hands on, I had a few songs from Greg Puciatos old Baltimore band. But I wanted the whole thing, so I managed to find a few of the old members on facebook and tried to message them.... You have to pay to message people not on your friend list unless it just goes into a spam folder! Fucking facebook... and I did it anyway. But at least it seems to have paid off.

Did you buy ire works, farid-chan? Go listen to it on spotify or something!

The fucking Mp3 download is more expensive than the actual CD on Amazon. WTF?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...re+the+dillinger&rh=i:aps,k:ire+the+dillinger

Yeah, spotify it is!

Hixx

omgloltlkvr.png

Imagine

I would probably die

3Sixty

4 years ago today Saints won the Johnstons Paint Trophy!

Team that day.

Southampton
01 Davis
02 Harding
06 Jaidi (Perry 90+2)
12 Fonte
18 Mills
10 Wotton (Connolly 85)
14 Hammond
37 Antonio
07 Lambert
09 Papa Waigo (Gillett 76)
20 Lallana
Substitutes
28 Bialkowski,
05 Perry,
23 James,
08 Gillett,
38 Connolly

I miss Papa Waigo.

Fergie

Banned

Wilbur

Banned
Our manager won't be at the game tomorrow as its his sons wedding. Heh!

It does however give Lee Bullen the chance to manage the team, which means he will now have represented us as captain, in goal, left back, right back, centre back, left midfield, right midfield, centre midfield, upfront, youth team manager, assistant manager and manager.

I love him.

That's great.

ok

was woken up this morning by someone texting me saying the lecturer was cancelled today, great day.

The fucking Mp3 download is more expensive than the actual CD on Amazon. WTF?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...re+the+dillinger&rh=i:aps,k:ire+the+dillinger

Yeah, spotify it is!

The age of digital games and music is weird sometimes when it comes to prices, also relapse are dicks so they don't deserve money. Good man. One step closer to getting GAF members to go to TDEP concert with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6F3UJsZCcE&t=1m8s

PLEASE UNDERSTAND

Fergie

Banned
This Wenger and Scholes spat.

Scholes coming out of hermit mode and going all out.

Then Wenger replying:

"If six points is a 'million miles away' [from the title], I don't know what the translation of a mile into a point is."

"We're in a society where people who have managed zero games have opinions."

mp5rmrikujmo.gif

Carbonox

Wenger's losing it cos he still thinks he can win the title. The goose needs to go manage Monaco or something.

I should really stop having E4 on in the background while I work. Week after week the morning/afternoon/early evening schedule is the same thing and it repeats the same episodes every day. Charmed, Ugly Betty, Happy Endings, New Girl, How I Met Your Mother and Hollyoaks. On and on and on and on and I can't turn the channel over cos there isn't anything else on.

#firstworldproblems

faridmon

ok

was woken up this morning by someone texting me saying the lecturer was cancelled today, great day.

The age of digital games and music is weird sometimes when it comes to prices, also relapse are dicks so they don't deserve money. Good man. One step closer to getting GAF members to go to TDEP concert with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6F3UJsZCcE&t=1m8s

PLEASE UNDERSTAND

Fuck it. I bought it. Just for you man, Just for you.
and I hate spotify

3RGaiUc.png

Clegg

"We live in a society where people who have managed zero games have opinions."

Scholes has, however, won 11 Premier Leagues and 2 Champions Leagues. He knows a winning team when he sees one. Awful reply from Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom