• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And his defensive headers.

I noticed the defensive headers (seriously at one point he seemed to get to all of them on corners) and used that excuse as a joke on here... and a week later or so Benitez said it seriously in an interview.

ibe2eBwkp2ll07.png

Bet he posts on here, Soi Fong?

God, I forgot. Kalou, Bosingwa and Bertrand started the Champions League final and Chelsea still won it.

That is divine fucking intervention.

And Bosingwa played central defense against Barca.

and won the pen shootout despite some player with no back bone taking the first pen and missing.

qindarka

Banned
God, I forgot. Kalou, Bosingwa and Bertrand started the Champions League final and Chelsea still won it.

That is divine fucking intervention.

Bayern has home advantage as well.

Often feel as if not enough is made out of that. It is a bullshit rule. Can't they give the final to a team that didn't qualify?

Speaking of Bosingwa, for all we remember him being shit, he was genuinely great in his first season, adept both offensively and defensively. Never was the same after that season long injury in 09/10.

Meier

So if Madrid throw away the league and end up trophyless, will Carlo get another year? Would United make a run at him? Also, has any posted the Rio quotes yet?

"It's embarrassing – it becomes a personal insult. I don't want to go out when the game is finished and you even stop watching TV," he told BT Sport. "I don't want to take my kids to school. I don't want to walk on the school path and think I'm hearing things or seeing people look at me because we lost a game.

"I don't want to fill my car up with petrol or go to the shops," he continued. "It gets personal with everyone looking at you and talking about the results and the form and stuff. You don't want to live like that. You want to live freely and comfortably. You don't want to see other people lifting titles. That's what we're used to. That's what we want. That's what we train for and work for.

"We've got no divine right, don't get me wrong, you've got to earn that right. And this season we simply haven't done that."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/28/rio-ferdinand-manchester-united-season-embarrassing

This fucking guy. Welcome to the lives of 99.9999% of other pro athletes, Rio.

Some fans are threatening to turn up at the doors of the people paying for the fly over if they don't cancel their plans.

:lol

This is hilarious.

I'm sure if they just rang the police and said they were gonna shoot the plane down they'd intervene and stop it from taking off.

Interesting to see Moyes put some gentle pressure on the suits not to sack him. "Top" people.

premier-league-manchester-united-vice-chairman-ed-woodward-seeks-english-review

This Wenger and Scholes spat.

Scholes coming out of hermit mode and going all out.

Then Wenger replying:

"If six points is a 'million miles away' [from the title], I don't know what the translation of a mile into a point is."

"We're in a society where people who have managed zero games have opinions."

http://abload.de/img/mp5rmrikujmo.gif
"We live in a society where people who have managed zero games have opinions."

Scholes has, however, won 11 Premier Leagues and 2 Champions Leagues. He knows a winning team when he sees one. Awful reply from Wenger.

Ehh, the full quote:

"Everybody has opinions, people who have managed zero games have opinions and we have to accept that. We are in a society where there are thousands of opinions every day, and some go for you and some go against you. You have to live with that."​

Makes for an easy headline, I guess.

Carbonox

I accidentally left my Ginster's steak slice in the microwave for too long and it's now soggy and spongey.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS

Salazar

I accidentally left my Ginster's steak slice in the microwave for too long and it's now soggy and spongey.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS

I have two days left in the UK and diminishing funds for vittles.

Hitcher, what is good and cheap in Sainsburys ?

Carbonox

Infamous third power is kind of shit isn't it

pls

Its traversal method is awesome as fuck. Obviously nowhere near the god tier status of Neon's Endless Run though.

:loooool jesus christ.

One of the pilots is on TalkSport now and has said there is 2 banners being flown over tomorrow.

That 1 is known by everyone and the 2nd one is a secret.

sekret u say

It's a massive banner of Gollum ain't it. It is it is it is.

Yeah, in a way. I'll elaborate when I get home Suen!

Hitcher did you kill the boss or do you need help? Focus on killing the necromancers first!

Nah, I should be fine with it. Only actually been into the arena twice, and only had a decent go of it once. Getting there is a pain in the arse though. Too many enemies with long aggro range, who are too quick to let you run past them and through the fog gate.

Bit silly as the rope bridge is right above the bonfire, should have put a ladder there that you can kick down. I'd rather have a bonfire be strangely close to the fog door, than one that's so far away, it forces you to kill 12 enemies on the way there, 5 of which are reasonably difficult, especially if you fuck up and aggro more than one of them at a time

Bear in mind that it'll seem like I'm stuck when I talk about it as I go 3 days at a time without playing it :p

I think even if it's not quite as good as DS1, it's still a 10/10 so far.

Titanite is proving more difficult to find than in the last 2 games, think it's gonna prevent me from making all the boss weapons :(

edit: Oh God, I can just imagine its a banner paid for my a bunch of idiot Liverpool supporters saying 'Thank You Moyes'

Elchele

I hate it when clubs buy the best players of other, less financially capable, domestic teams.

ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

I hope Weinzierl moves to another club soon, I feel like Augsburg is just a middle step like Mainz was for Klopp. He needs to move to a bigger club like Frankfurt/Wolfsburg/Stuttgart

pls

Its traversal method is awesome as fuck. Obviously nowhere near the god tier status of Neon's Endless Run though.

Neon is where it's at

Jarnet87

I don't know if he does deserve one, and some of those players he doesn't have to pick, and he doesn't help himself sometimes. But the problems can be attributed to him, the Glazers, Woodward, Gill and Fergie, the players... we're in a mess at the moment. Unfair to attribute all the blame to him.

He's proven himself capable somewhere else. Would rather we just said bye with dignity rather than resorting to this.

He's had two windows. One in which he was busy vacationing and turned down (allegedly) Thiago, and then Ozil, only then to throw out bids like he was throwing darts at a wall blindfolded, and the other where he bought one of the best talents in the premier league only to misuse him in every way possible. I'm genuinely scared to see what Moyes spends on 150-200 million pounds on. Too many people blame the glazers for not spending money when it's Fergie and Gill. The Glazers know nothing about football and just write the check. It's not their fault when Fergie was being a stubborn old man refusing to play the modern game in transfers and pay agents extra to secure players.

So if Madrid throw away the league and end up trophyless, will Carlo get another year? Would United make a run at him? Also, has any posted the Rio quotes yet?

It's Real Madrid, wouldn't shock me to see Ancelotti go. They could have had the league wrapped up with a win in the clasico. If he makes the Champions League Finals (win or not) I think he will stay.

Those guys are heroes. They're making themselves look like morons and we can definitely call them that because it's hilariously dumb. At the same time, I'm glad that Slug's position is getting more negativity thrown at it.

And United still aren't like Chelsea who sack CL winning managers and managers that only won a league title the season before.

Carbonox

Freddo's are 20p? What the fuck, man. How much are Space Raiders now?

"Space Raiders remained at a retail price of 10 pence from their introduction in the late 1970s until late October 2007, when the price increased to 15p. It later increased to 25p before lowering to 20p. The price has continued to fluctuate, reflecting the volatility of the underlying commodity prices. At the time of the original 5p price-rise, directors at United Biscuits received death threats."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

our childhoods are dead

Wilbur

Banned
Seriously I've started looking into the prices

840 quid this one cost

surely we have 84 members willing to throw in a tenner each to see wooden's creation above old trafford

Salazar

Seriously I've started looking into the prices

840 quid this one cost

surely we have 84 members willing to throw in a tenner each to see wooden's creation above old trafford

The actual flyover would be a bonus. The real prize would be getting that molasses-voiced Danish twat on Talksport, ranting about Moyes.

Scum

Oh. I'm on mobile so I assumed you could...I have no idea how this forum will survive World Cup/E3.
E3 has been dead to me for years. Fucking shitfest for mostly been counting hardlycores. But it sucks to think that it will fuck with the servers and the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom