• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 21m

Maybe I could have gone Hazard for Young player but Henderson's improvement edged it for me. Always like to see improvement. Hazard top draw

Sounds fair. Not the way I'd judge my choices if I had a vote, but each to their own

Cheers :)

@King_Moc, shit. We're gonna pick up so many bandwagoners when we win the league.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 21m

Maybe I could have gone Hazard for Young player but Henderson's improvement edged it for me. Always like to see improvement. Hazard top draw

If Hazard is in contention for Young Player of The Year then no one else comes close. Suarez too, for Player Of The Year.

Most improved Young Player however, goes to Welbeck. Ramsey is great but Welbeck went from the worst striker on record last year to be pretty damned good now.

My votes would go for Yaya Toure for player of the year and Lukaku for young player of the year.
Yaya because he is the most complete player and 17 goals from midfield is incredible. Lukaku because he has been a force for Everton and he is still only 20 years old. I think 21 should be the cut off for young player awards.

My votes would go for Yaya Toure for player of the year and Lukaku for young player of the year.
Yaya because he is the most complete player and 17 goals from midfield is incredible. Lukaku because he has been a force for Everton and he is still only 20 years old. I think 21 should be the cut off for young player awards.

Anyone who thinks Suarez shouldn't win it is basically wilfully deluded. Like claiming Ronaldo shouldn't have won it in 07/08

You can shove your big game goalscoring record up your arse

My vote would go to Aaron Ramsey.

We can just extrapolate what he would've been like in the second half of the season.

On the one hand, it's given us a hand overhauling you (for now)

On the other, I'd have liked to have seen if he could sustain it for a full season. Ramsey and Walcott injuries have been ignored a bit I think. Both are key players, it'd be like us trying to cope without Sturridge and Henderson for over half a season.You could maybe have lessened the blow with some January transfer moves though

Salvadora

On the one hand, it's given us a hand overhauling you (for now)

On the other, I'd have liked to have seen if he could sustain it for a full season. Ramsey and Walcott injuries have been ignored a bit I think. Both are key players, it'd be like us trying to cope without Sturridge and Henderson for over half a season.You could maybe have lessened the blow with some January transfer moves though
I'm telling you, we would have won the league.

And Aaron Ramsey would have ascended to heaven before Luis "can't perform in big games" Suarez.

What is everyones favourite movie starring Stan Collymore? Mine is Basic Instinct 2.

I decided to look him up on IMDB. This is his mini bio:

Stan Collymore was regarded by some as one of the most gifted, charismatic and outspoken soccer players of his or any generation. After several high profile, multi-million pound moves in English soccer, and scoring some of the most amazing goals in recent football history, combined with a highly intuitive mind, natural screen charisma and athleticism, he decided to make the break from pro sports, and move into his second love, movies.

After being quoted as wanting to be "the first black James Bond", in a tongue-in cheek magazine interview, casting agents and directors alike sat up and started taking the Maverick from the Midlands seriously, especially after his 2004 critically acclaimed autobiography, Tackling my Demons saw Collymore as an intelligent, multi-talented phenomenon, rather than the one dimensional character that had seen him grab the front pages of the UK tabloids as often as the back.

One thing is for certain, it seems that after his movie debut in 2005 alongside Sharon Stone,in the eagerly awaited Basic Instinct 2 sequel, Stan Collymore's talents are as diverse as his persona.

Do you think he wrote it himself?

Do you think he wrote it himself?

That is amazing. It reminds me of the Michael Owen brochure.

michael_owen_brochure_12.jpg

Hixx

@skysports_bryan 55s
KNVB statement: "Guus Hiddink, Danny Blind and Ruud van Nistelrooy form the new technical staff of Dutch team.. after 2014 World Cup."

It's so weird to me that they announce these things before tournaments. Like there's going to be one eye on 'well, when he fails he's being replaced in a few weeks anyway'.

@skysports_bryan 55s
KNVB statement: "Guus Hiddink, Danny Blind and Ruud van Nistelrooy form the new technical staff of Dutch team.. after 2014 World Cup."

It's so weird to me that they announce these things before tournaments. Like there's going to be one eye on 'well, when he fails he's being replaced in a few weeks anyway'.
LvG said he'd quit after the WC when he was appointed as manager.

Salazar

@skysports_bryan 55s

No Verheijen ?

BoerBert

@skysports_bryan 55s

The weirdest part is that Blind will be the new coach after 2016.

There's a Support David Moyes thread on Redcafe

And it's even more mental than I expected.

There's like 2-3 posters actually defending Moyes while everyone shoots down their arguments. One of the Pro-Moyes posters thinks United's squad is the 7th best in the league.

Can someone explain Kingdom Under Fire II to me?

Is it like a MOBA with a few more RTS elements? I have no idea what's going on but it looks fun.

Where's Kyoufu when you need him?

Suen

I love you even more now

Overall? No, Demon's is better.

Go for Dark Souls if you're craving more Demon's Souls. It's far superior to DS2.

And both of them are way too easy compared to Demon's lool
What the fuck is this bullshit? I've only played Demon's Souls (quite an amount) and the difficulty is what made it challenging and fun

WJD

That gif's just made me realise how long it feels since we last saw some Adnan magic. Would like to see him start on the right tomorrow.

That gif's just made me realise how long it feels since we last saw some Adnan magic. Would like to see him start on the right tomorrow.

Moyes is in charge of his development. Just think about that for a second. The man that doesn't focus on passing and flair is in charge of our most talented youngster. The man that teaches his players that crossing is the best method of scoring is in charge of Adnan's most crucial time in developing as a player.

ib022YXAGKWyuD.gif

WJD

Moyes is in charge of his development. Just think about that for a second. The man that doesn't focus on passing and flair is in charge of our most talented youngster. The man that teaches his players that crossing is the best method of scoring is in charge of Adnan's most crucial time in developing as a player.

ib022YXAGKWyuD.gif

stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom