• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Wenger and Scholes spat.

Scholes coming out of hermit mode and going all out.

Then Wenger replying:

"If six points is a 'million miles away' [from the title], I don't know what the translation of a mile into a point is."

"We're in a society where people who have managed zero games have opinions."

Wenger still thinks he's close to a title.

jpMpL93rbkJHN.jpg

Clegg

Good players don't necessarily have right opinions and certainly don't necessarily make good managers, see e.g. Lothar 'Loddar' Matthäus.
This however, is a valid opinion. Arsenal have tapered off in recent months and no longer look like winning the league. Wenger is just bitter.

Fergie

Banned
The Football Association has confirmed it will look into claims that Marouane Fellaini spat at Pablo Zabaleta during the Manchester derby on Tuesday.
Footage on YouTube has emerged appearing to show Manchester United midfielder Fellaini spitting near to Zabaleta's head while the City defender lay on the floor following a clash between the pair.
The FA is aware of the clip and is now considering whether it should charge Fellaini for misconduct.
It is understood referee Michael Oliver did not mention the alleged spit in his match report, but the FA can retrospectively punish Fellaini if it thinks he is guilty.
The FA will request clearer footage of the incident from broadcasters Sky before making a decision on the matter early next week.
The FA banned Hull's George Boyd for three matches after he spat at Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart earlier this month.
Oliver booked Fellaini moments before the alleged spit towards Zabaleta for an elbow on the Argentinian full-back.
After the 3-0 win, Zabaleta claimed Fellaini was lucky to stay on the pitch.
"I was elbowed by Fellaini. It was a red card," he said.
Oh well.

Salazar

I aslo agree, watching him talk I kept getting the feeling that the presenter was really wishing Scholes was a bit more concise and would finish talking.

The list of pundits and commentators who are more irritating and less qualified than Scholes is fucking long.

Martin Tyler doesn't have an interesting thought about football in his head.

faridmon

lol

Awww yish farid-chan

http://i.minus.com/iBwJ6Acvklrnh.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ivdCELljmQTb.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lol, love those Gifs.

Yeah listened to the first 2 tracks while downloading, They sound bloody great. Can't wait to hear more.

I am gonna listen to Big Wave Riders first, sorry!

Carbonox

The list of pundits and commentators who are more irritating and less qualified than Scholes is fucking long.

Jonathan Pearce needs to go commentate on old Robot Wars footage on Youtube or something.

Andy Townsend also needs to piss off. Him and James Milner should go do a buddy cop movie.

I tend to hate punditry across the board. From stating the obvious with no insight to stats and analysis that may as well be white noise. Ghastly waffle to fill time.

Salazar

I tend to hate punditry across the board. From stating the obvious with no insight to stats and analysis that may as well be white noise. Ghastly waffle to fill time.

"Now, I wonder if Manchester City have scored too soon. Sometimes, scoring too early is the worst thing you can do lolololololol"

Lol, love those Gifs.

Yeah listened to the first 2 tracks while downloading, They sound bloody great. Can't wait to hear more.

I am gonna listen to Big Wave Riders first, sorry!

You do what you need!

That second gif is from golden gods awards, they sounded horrible and the singer busted his head open like 1 minute into the performance...

LpEp8XK.jpg

Hilarious performance though, everyone hated them and they knew it, they were already trolling on the red carpet giving awards for worst eyeliner on male awards out to other bands, on the videos you can hear someone yelling "you suck" at them by the end of their first song lol. This reaction from some kid there sums it up pretty well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mourinho on Juve

“If Juventus were to win the Europa League it would not be a real success for me,” he told a Press conference.

“Because that it is a team that is built to win the Champions League.”

and he's right.

Wilbur

Banned
Mourinho on Juve

and he's right.

It is a fucking mad rule that you're rewarded for failure by dropping into that. Goes a long way to making it shitty for me. Despite the fact Benfica and Juve are good teams, they shouldn't get a chance to win something after they've already flopped.

WJD

Sigh.

Other than it making us look like small time wankers, it's just a shitty thing to do on a personal level too. Poor Dave.

qindarka

Banned
"We're not like Chelsea calling for the head of our managers".

By the way, what did you feel about Ancelotti's sacking?

In hindsight, it was a mistake as we ended up with AVB but I'll admit I wanted him gone at the time. Played the most awful football in the 10/11 season.

By the way, what did you feel about Ancelotti's sacking?

In hindsight, it was a mistake as we ended up with AVB but I'll admit I wanted him gone at the time. Played the most awful football in the 10/11 season.

The football was terrible and I was honestly excited to get in AVB instead, even if I liked Ancelotti. But he fooled me, he was indeed the shit one, not a new special one. But hey, that in the end led to RDM!

Wes

venison crêpe
Not sure about the hyphen. Could imply that letting one Moyes leave is all that is needed to satisfy their bloodlust. The remaining Moyesiums can stay.

Wedward has about a week left on his ban.

Wilbur

Banned
Innit.

Your worst players (Cleverley,Young, Valencia) were all Ferguson's. I think Moyes deserves a summer transfer window.

I don't know if he does deserve one, and some of those players he doesn't have to pick, and he doesn't help himself sometimes. But the problems can be attributed to him, the Glazers, Woodward, Gill and Fergie, the players... we're in a mess at the moment. Unfair to attribute all the blame to him.

He's proven himself capable somewhere else. Would rather we just said bye with dignity rather than resorting to this.

Whenever I see RDMs name I sometimes think confuziz isn't all wrong

:lol

Their manager that year was God. Who the fuck would have put money on Chelsea surviving Drogba giving away two penalties, Robben and Messi both missing, Terry kneeing someone in the back and Ryan Bertrand starting a final and they still win it?

qindarka

Banned
The football was terrible and I was honestly excited to get in AVB instead, even if I liked Ancelotti. But he fooled me, he was indeed the shit one, not a new special one. But hey, that in the end led to RDM!

I remember there being such a wave of optimism when AVB joined. Many of us, at least on the sites I frequented, were confident that this was the manager that would stay for a long time. For the early weeks, excuses were made for everything.

Pretty sad looking at how it all turned out. In the end, we'll just have to embrace the madness.

Their manager that year was God. Who the fuck would have put money on Chelsea surviving Drogba giving away two penalties, Robben and Messi both missing, Terry kneeing someone in the back and Ryan Bertrand starting a final and they still win it?

Messi penalty was from a Fabregas dive.

And don't forget that Kalou and Bosingwa also started the final. Were close to having no CBs for the final as well with both Luiz and Cahill rushed back from month long injuries.

Wilbur

Banned

I just assumed calling someone a cunt in such a serious manner would have been a perma, but apparently not!

I've warmed to him. And Baki and Barzul obviously; they've all become more self aware the more Arsenal's chances have dribbled down the drain.

Now Arnie's the new deluded one
Uus4Plt.png

I remember there being such a wave of optimism when AVB joined. Many of us, at least on the sites I frequented, were confident that this was the manager that would stay for a long time. For the early weeks, excuses were made for everything.

Pretty sad looking at how it all turned out. In the end, we'll just have to embrace the madness.

It's always weird going back and looking at people excusing, what turned out to be obviously shit. Still sometime see some deludes poor soul making excuses for Torres and pulling out assists stats.

Wilbur

Banned
God, I forgot. Kalou, Bosingwa and Bertrand started the Champions League final and Chelsea still won it.

That is divine fucking intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom