• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual flyover would be a bonus. The real prize would be getting that molasses-voiced Danish twat on Talksport, ranting about Moyes.

They would hire me as a co-host, when they are enlightened of my radio abilities.
Seriously I've started looking into the prices

840 quid this one cost

surely we have 84 members willing to throw in a tenner each to see wooden's creation above old trafford

Can it print photos though? Doubt it.

Oh. I'm on mobile so I assumed you could...I have no idea how this forum will survive World Cup/E3.

Oh yeah, mobile GAF does it automaticly with links.

Our manager won't be at the game tomorrow as its his sons wedding. Heh!

It does however give Lee Bullen the chance to manage the team, which means he will now have represented us as captain, in goal, left back, right back, centre back, left midfield, right midfield, centre midfield, upfront, youth team manager, assistant manager and manager.

I love him.

Boss

That is fucking shite.

Aye

"A two goal lead can sometimes be the most dangerous scoreline!"

Feels like it's true sometimes, Sunderland game was a case in point. The defense are a little jittery as there's still a chance of a comeback, but the team start striving for a perfect goal resulting in the forwards overcomplicating things or playing selfishly, and summarily failing to score, and the midfielders abandoning their positions as they try and get in on the act

Like, its not quite enough to go gung ho to the point that you'll definintely score, but it's not small enough for the players to keep their concentration and discipline in all aspects

I should really stop having E4 on in the background while I work. Week after week the morning/afternoon/early evening schedule is the same thing and it repeats the same episodes every day. Charmed, Ugly Betty, Happy Endings, New Girl, How I Met Your Mother and Hollyoaks. On and on and on and on and I can't turn the channel over cos there isn't anything else on.

#firstworldproblems

It's absolutely terrible. During our break at work yesterday there was some comedy on called Dads, it seemed beyond dismal. Even had a South American housekeeper, where the joke was that she's South American and speaks in a comparitively strange vernacular and accent. Made me weep for humanity.

Whenever I see RDMs name I sometimes think confuziz isn't all wrong

RDM is not a Champion's League winning manager. I refuse to accept it.

I have two days left in the UK and diminishing funds for vittles.

Hitcher, what is good and cheap in Sainsburys ?

Good and cheap? Not much tbh, I've found that you'll either be shelling out for delectable expensive stuff, or for cheap yet delectable trash that makes you feel like you should be living in a bedsit in a Dartford back-alley, like SuperNoodles. Not much of a middle ground at Sainsbury's in my experience :p

@Real Madrid fans, will Ancelotti be fired if you finish third, and get knocked out before the final in the CL, and fail to win the CdR?

What do you guys think of Demon Days btw? I remember really liking it for about a year after it came out, but I don't really like any of the songs any more

@Scum, isn't E3 in May?

Salazar

Like, its not quite enough to go gung ho to the point that you'll definintely score, but it's not small enough for the players to keep their concentration and discipline in all aspects

Shut up. It's bollocks.

United game clashes with something I should do tomorrow. Don't mind if we're great or shite - I just don't want us to be boring. I can handle either extreme, I just can't take the soullessness.

Clegg

Moyes won't resign over a fucking banner. He'll get himself sacked soon enough if he can't get the players and fans back onside.

Suits everyone that way.

iKkAltPpcFhj9.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Good lads. We're 30 quid down. Wilf will be delighted

You don't deserve to shop at Sainsbury's.

Gonna watch Prisoners tomorrow. Are there any subplots like one of the main characters struggling with alcoholism, or the breakdown of their marriage?

what a fucking odd question

seriously

have you ever made a post without one

what a fucking odd question

seriously

have you ever made a post without one

A couple here and there. I just generally find that subplot incredibly boring, in TV and film. I'm not interested in the personal lives of Jimmy McNulty or Raylan Givens. I appreciate that for most people it gives depth and another note to the character, and is often ties in with their actions relating to the main thrust of the film/show, but still.

Yen

SSN just showed Fellaini spitting on Zabaleta while he was on the ground. What a scumbag. He has to get three games for that.

Wilbur

Banned
A couple here and there. I just generally find that subplot incredibly boring, in TV and film. I'm not interested in the personal lives of Jimmy McNulty or Raylan Givens. I appreciate that for most people it gives depth and another note to the character, and is often ties in with their actions relating to the main thrust of the film/show, but still.

Well, it's a two hour film about families that lose their daughters. You'd expect some tension to seep into their personal lives m8

Well, it's a two hour film about families that lose their daughters. You'd expect some tension to seep into their personal lives m8

I don't know who the main characters arein relation to the story. If one of them is like the dad of the daughters, I can live with a fair amount of focus being on his struggles to deal with things :p

If there's a haggard detective who's been through the mill and half the film is about his alcohol abuse, then fuck that

I don't know who the main characters arein relation to the story. If one of them is like the dad of the daughters, I can live with a fair amount of focus being on his struggles to deal with things :p

If there's a haggard detective who's been through the mill and half the film is about his alcohol abuse, then fuck that

You'll be fine.

The Llama

So drunk just got home.fuck Moyes you fucking cunt. Also fuck all of you who support more than one team. Anyway fuck yurt. Because I said so. I do imagine him as being some form of Italian sex god though. So fuck Bayern. Fucking hate that team. I like Sunderland though so I hope they stay up. Wilbyr one day I will repay the favour and show you my balls. But that is not this day! Because I'm already in bed sorry goodnight

Post of forever. Wow.

Can't wait to see the "Moyes Out!" plane thing. Thats hilarious.

arkon

Ehh, the full quote:

"Everybody has opinions, people who have managed zero games have opinions and we have to accept that. We are in a society where there are thousands of opinions every day, and some go for you and some go against you. You have to live with that."​

Makes for an easy headline, I guess.

Lol at the way that got twisted. Dearie me.

Imagine if it was actually a brilliant piece of marketing, and millions of people watched the game in anticipation, only for it to fly over saying 'Nike - Just Do It'

That would leave people disappointed and angry = bad marketing.

What would be 'good' is if the second banner is a Paddy Power one with the odds for Moyes to get sacked on it.

The Llama

Now I'll be disappointed when this doesn't happen.

How they do that during their next match! Only bad thing is Old Trafford is probably the most "enclosed" stadium in the PL, so it's probably the hardest to see a plane flying over from. Kinda makes the whole plane thing a bit pointless, tbh, even if it is amazingly hilarious.

Which game do you think Moyes is gonna get sacked after?

I think we will lose 4 games in a row in April. Bayern, Newcastle, Bayern, Everton.

That's probably when they'll put him down. Unless we lose tomorrow and then Bayern batter us.

The Llama

I think we will lose 4 games in a row in April. Bayern, Newcastle, Bayern, Everton.

That's probably when they'll put him down. Unless we lose tomorrow and then Bayern batter us.

If he's sacked before next season starts, it'll be about a week after the last game of the season IMO. They're definitely going to finish the season, take a bit of time to assess the situation (and which managers they could possibly replace him with), and then make their move. A bit similar to what happened to Kenny at Liverpool.

Also, REALLY need Arsenal to beat City this weekend.

How the fuck has 'Google Glasses look stupid' turned into an actual debate? They clearly do, regardless of functionality and any potential for people to just get used to the way they look through exposure.

@Viva, Everton game, agreed. Maybe end of the season if they can't get the planned manager in before that time. Giggs as interim is a fool's errand imo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Titanite is proving more difficult to find than in the last 2 games, think it's gonna prevent me from making all the boss weapons :(
There's vendor that sells them! You'll meet her at the beginning of the area after the Skeleton Lords(?). She's next to the first bonfire.

And I agree, while not as good as DS1, it's still better than most fucking games.

There's vendor that sells them! You'll meet her at the beginning of the area after the Skeleton Lords(?). She's next to the first bonfire.

And I agree, while not as good as DS1, it's still better than most fucking games.

Her and the blacksmith only sell 10 each :(

Rosabeth looks awesome clad in my throwaway armour :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

"Put him down" is killing me :lol fuck :lol

Salazar

"Put him down" is killing me :lol fuck :lol

That was my chance, yesterday. My opening.

Ian McEwan was reading from his new book. About conjoined twins. One will definitely die; the other will only survive if the two are separated (actively killing the first).

I should have posed the Moyes & MUFC analogy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moyes will come good guys. We aren't Chelsea we should give him time.

United stop being shit and ruining my CL dreams :( it's bad enough that I'm not going to see Scholes+Giggsy in Torino again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom