• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
What'll they do when the fans start booing (which they will), ban them?

During our darkest hours during the mid 2000's our Chairman at the time banned and even took legal action against dissenting voices from the stands and supporters clubs. Dragged one bloke through the courts while he was also battling cancer.

There are some seriously shady characters in charge of football clubs. Two decades of pure success makes Manchester United an unknown quantity in times like this. It'll be interesting to see how the club react if the atmosphere at OT does become toxic.

EGqxCZP.png

Agreed. CBOAT was the only good one and they ran him out of town :lol

What about that guy who said he had a "pen friend", that had told him (quite some time before announcement) Team Ico's next game was about this huge creature bird thing and a boy, that was great lol.

Finally. cboat also got a temp ban sometime back I believe.

The ban to CBOAT is dumb as fuck. He had said titanfall on xbone was 720p and it turned out to be.... 792? Yeah, that's still pretty fucking close and hard to spot, unlike something like from 120p to 900p or 1080p.

Scum

What about that guy who said he had a "pen friend", that had told him (quite some time before announcement) Team Ico's next game was about this huge creature bird thing and a boy, that was great lol.

The ban to CBOAT is dumb as fuck. He had said titanfall on xbone was 720p and it turned out to be.... 792? Yeah, that's still pretty fucking close and hard to spot, unlike something like from 120p to 900p or 1080p.

Yep. People starting a thread asking for him to be banned was pathetic.

The reason they are doing it, or at the least the original reason, is because they asked for "The Chosen One" banner to be taken down. There is a group called SEF who have basically become the clubs official supporters group for flags/banners/mosaics in the ground. The guy who runs this group is called Andrew Kilduff, commonly known as Tufty and he is a complete scumbag who basically does what the club tell him to do.

He refused to take the banner down.

These fans then decided that they needed to demonstrate that SEF is not a supporters group which speaks for or stands for all the supporters. That is when they decided to do something anti-Moyes. But the club doesn't allow anything anti-Moyes into the ground. Security has been stepped up and is being ramped up further for tmrws game and as has been mentioned the banner has been guarded.

Now, this fly-over is pathetic and embarrassing and it seems to have morphed into something more than just a claim against SEF - but that's a short background.

Ah, cheers.

'Fuck off Tufty' would have been a better, and cheaper message :p

Scum

From the thread it seems the two talked about it with each other. He made a mistake, it happens to the best of us. If he repents things should be fine.
Eltopo, pls. He won't be fine in the eyes of many. If I were him, I'd take a break and come back after E3 is over...

...or switch to his alt, Wooden. :p

danwarb

Nah, he reaffirmed his claim that Respawn would revert to the space-saving alpha textures and run at a lower resolution than the beta. It was a ridiculous claim and looked like account suicide.

Nah, he reaffirmed his claim that Respawn would revert to the space-saving alpha textures and run at a lower resolution than the beta. It was a ridiculous claim and looked like account suicide.

Ah I see.

Fuck being sued.

He got famous on an internet forum.

Totally worth it.

When Lionhead was to cut their teams down from 3 to 2 teams and fired a bunch of their staff, I managed to get to know that before half the people actually working there and... leaked it on our the movies fansite! I got internet famous and our themoviesplanet website got more viewers than ever
and had Lionhead people were calling me and shit, i was 15 and shitting bricks.

#noregret
#yolo

Arnie

A fly-over banner is such a fucking tosh attempt at corralling fan support, though. It's not like an organised protest or a fan sit-in. It doesn't inspire anyone else to get involved or even muster much meaningful debate; nor does it offer a lasting and direct impact upon the club.

It's a ten second problem that the dissenting supports are fucking paying to have float off into the sunset.

Splatt

When Lionhead was to cut their teams down from 3 to 2 teams and fired a bunch of their staff, I managed to get to know that before half the people actually working there and... leaked it on our the movies fansite! I got internet famous and our themoviesplanet website got more viewers than ever

#noregret
#yolo

hahahaha

That's an awesome story.

I'd have probably cried like a little baby begging them not to sue me :D

Salazar

A fly-over banner is such a fucking tosh attempt at corralling fan support, though. It's not like an organised protest or a fan sit-in. It doesn't inspire anyone else to get involved or even muster much meaningful debate; nor does it offer a lasting and direct impact upon the club.

It's a ten second problem that the dissenting supports are fucking paying to have float off into the sunset.

A hot air-balloon coasting over the stadium, blaring "MOYES RAUS" in a beguiling Danish accent would do it.

People see flyover messages all the time. You got to hit them with art, to soften them up for the ideology.

Zabojnik

#noregret
#yolo

LOOOOL, that's brilliant. Wooden's dark past. How did you get the info before everybody else?

Scum

What's this for again?
From the Uncharted 4 director leaving. Famousmortimer dropped office gossip onto GamingGAF concerning a few Sony studios and seemingly got into trouble for it. He's apologise but I think he's Batigol'd from GAF.

Arnie

A hot air-balloon coasting over the stadium, blaring "MOYES RAUS" in a beguiling Danish accent would do it.

People see flyover messages all the time. You got to hit them with art, to soften them up for the ideology.

Paddy Power should get behind it all, maybe have a waxwork of Fergie pulled along by the fuselage.

Had as arduous a Friday as one working in PR is likely to have. Just ordered £15 worth of Indian food that'll soon fall straight into my belly. And I bought that Tomb Raider game via the online store, which miraculously downloaded to my PS4 whilst I was away. Technology is great.

Linius

My laptop is running Titanfall so sweet in the best settings. I must say I'm pretty happy I decided to get in to some PC gaming despite the fact that it's taking me way too long to install all kind of shit to get everything going. Now I can easily postpone getting a PS4 till early 2015.

Barzul

So my interview went great, they talked like I already got the job, but they said they'll let me know for sure in two weeks. It's a small company (only 16 employees) and I'll be very hands on. Apparently they're hiring two people for the role which is an entry level developer position and they want them starting together.

OT imagine if Diaby is the one to save our season by scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final. Scenes.

Scum

This catsu curry is all good, but why the fuck am I watching netball?! There's nothing there, SkySports 2! D:

My laptop is running Titanfall so sweet in the best settings. I must say I'm pretty happy I decided to get in to some PC gaming despite the fact that it's taking me way too long to install all kind of shit to get everything going. Now I can easily postpone getting a PS4 till early 2015.

Wooden, we have another one. Welcome, PC Bro.

hahahaha

That's an awesome story.

I'd have probably cried like a little baby begging them not to sue me :D

It all ended well, a bunch of us nerds were even invited over there, while they were making Fable 2 and Milo (which we were not allowed to see... but however heard about later as some got drunk with us later haha, at this point it had nothing to do with kinect or anything though, just some experimental stuff). This was when MS bought them and I guess they thought they could blow a bunch of money on whatever they wanted, Molyneux was really nice though, i still like him even if he talks a lot of shit. He showed us around the office while this PR lady was following him and constantly telling him what he couldn't show us, and as an offended child he seemed to disregard it all the time.

But it was very weird having my mom yell to me, in my room "there's a man on the phone from England who wants to speak with you". The man being Sam who also posts on here with his belgian ass accent haha. This is him from when we met a few years later, yes, it's him with the wooden dildo, or as he called it, door stopper, in my face as we went to him and another LH guys house to crash for the night (I was 16 or 17 and had slept on a bench in guildford the night before!).

Well that sure explains the picture of him with a dildo next to his mouth in their HQ!

It was at Sams home. Not LH HQ! We were not allowed to take photos there other than the Molyneux interview we did.

LOOOOL, that's brilliant. Wooden's dark past. How did you get the info before everybody else?

Someone there who was pissed and already leaving. They allowed a lot of devs to talk openly with us on their forums back then and on irc, so us nerds that sat and talked about the movies and black and white all day had some weird friendship with them.

Salazar

Paddy Power should get behind it all, maybe have a waxwork of Fergie pulled along by the fuselage.

Effigy of Mick Hucknall takes a hanging drop from the balloon, swings morbidly as the crowd gasps.

Had as arduous a Friday as one working in PR is likely to have. Just ordered £15 worth of Indian food that'll soon fall straight into my belly. And I bought that Tomb Raider game via the online store, which miraculously downloaded to my PS4 whilst I was away. Technology is great.

I'm ready to get on the plane. My nephew back home has apparently started chattering like a mad bastard. Particular neural lights have started flashing, it seems, and he's roaring away. I love the little man, and am pretty keen to see that.

Scum

So my interview went great, they talked like I already got the job, but they said they'll let me know for sure in two weeks. It's a small company (only 16 employees) and I'll be very hands on. Apparently they're hiring two people for the role which is an entry level developer position and they want them starting together.

OT imagine if Diaby is the one to save our season by scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final. Scenes.
Scenes. Yeah. Off the stretcher as he picks up an injury on his way to collect his winners' medal.

bud23

#noregret
#yolo

You're an amateur, Wooden. Learn from the master;

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1475632/gta_5_behind_closed_doors_e3_rumours_persist_report.html

Splatt

It all ended well, a bunch of us nerds were even invited over there, while they were making Fable 2 and Milo (which we were not allowed to see... but however heard about later as some got drunk with us later haha, at this point it had nothing to do with kinect or anything though, just some experimental stuff). This was when MS bought them and I guess they thought they could blow a bunch of money on whatever they wanted, Molyneux was really nice though, i still like him even if he talks a lot of shit. He showed us around the office while this PR lady was following him and constantly telling him what he couldn't show us, and as an offended child he seemed to disregard it all the time.

But it was very weird having my mom yell to me, in my room "there's a man on the phone from England who wants to speak with you". The man being Sam who also posts on here with his belgian ass accent haha. This is him from when we met a few years later, yes, it's him with the wooden dildo, or as he called it, door stopper, in my face as we went to him and another LH guys house to crash for the night (I was 16 or 17 and had slept on a bench in guildford the night before!).

lol I thought Yurt was just making a joke, but the dildo pic is actually real.

#dead

Great story, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom