• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Remember when Thiago/Kroos/Schweinsteiger/Dante/Pep were going to Manchester United? Now it's actually true

Hahaha, yeah. Well, we havent won this thing yet. It still takes a lot of quality to turn a 0-2 around in KO stage. ManU has nothing to lose actually.

MPW

Moyes United - Bayern

Well...shit lol

Sg9x2mi.gif

Elchele

Hahaha, yeah. Well, we havent won this thing yet. It still takes a lot of quality to turn a 0-2 around in KO stage. ManU has nothing to lose actually.

I'm not saying that we'll win, I really don't know what to expect from Guardiola after his three consecutive fuck ups in CL.

Ashes

Banned
I'm imagining Young and Valencia against Bayern's full backs and I can't stop laughing.

Then I imagined our CMs versus their's and I almost died.

You know how TV producers like to compare two giants in the game? like the best attacking team in Europe versus the best defence in Europe. They won't do that this time.

Though you could arguably make the case that it's the best team still left in the Champion's League versus the worst team left in the Champion's League.

Jack cw

I can't be the only one who thinks our CL performances have been very underwhelming

We dont need to wipe the floor with every opposition. We made it through rather easily with great performances and basically dominating every side. You cant expect any team to completely shut up the offence of the top European clubs. Last year was the same. Rather solid performances and the annihilation began at the quarter final and we won the final with a huge piece of luck too.
Are the Semis not worked out as well?

No. Another draw.

i can see Munich going close to double digits over the 2 legs. better record that CL anthem, gonna be a few years till you listen to it again at Old Trafford.

danwarb

It's possible for Utd to progress. Maybe our universe is the one in which the Moyes Boyes don't get lose 10-0 on aggregate.

Dark Rider

Like the last four times, eh? Fortunately for Madrid Dortmund are severely crippled by injuries and a missing Lewandowski.

It was fortunate for Dortmund last time that Mou has already sold out by the time we played them and was just a ghost on the bench. Real Madrid manager Mou screwed us royally by the end of last season after he sold out and arranged for his Chelsea return during CL 16-stage.

Mastadon

Banned
United isn't without chance. If you look at some of Bayern's matches against "weaker" competition, there are ways to put pressure on us and keep us from scoring goals, at least for a while.

If you copy that and manage to use your few chances then you can win, no doubt. It's going to be hard, but not impossible.

If Utd can't manage to interrupt or impair Liverpool's passing and attacking play, how are they going to stop Bayern?

Jack cw

United isn't without chance. If you look at some of Bayern's matches against "weaker" competition, there are ways to put pressure on us and keep us from scoring goals, at least for a while.

If you copy that and manage to use your few chances then you can win, no doubt. It's going to be hard, but not impossible.

Thats always the case. Even the invincible Barca from 2008-2011 were basically beatable and Inter and Chelsea made it. These are obvious things. I doubt that Bayern underestimates United because regardless of their current form, they have a name and are the richest club in the world and still sound better than Stuttgart or Freiburg.

qindarka

Banned
I don't doubt that United will lose but don't think they will get thrashed either. Don't see more than a three goal victory over two legs.

Jarnet87

I'd like to somehow see the second leg go into penalties and from there have Neuer and De Gea take a penalty each.

Have you seen United take penalties in the last few years? We are dreadful. See our shootout against Sunderland in the League Cup and 2009 FA Semi against Everton for laughs.

Slizz

Have you seen United take penalties in the last few years? We are dreadful. See our shootout against Sunderland in the League Cup and 2009 FA Semi against Everton for laughs.

No I know, I just think the most interesting matchup between the 2 teams is Neuer and De Gea.

faridmon

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to the Franz Ferdinand gig tonight, for the lower price of £15 instead of £25

I just hope they play some tracks from ''Tonight''

Walshy

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to the Franz Ferdinand gig tonight, for the lower price of £15 instead of £25

I just hope they play some tracks from ''Tonight''
I seen them just the other week at the BBC6 Music festival in Manchester, they was just before the National.

They played a few off Tonight, they ended their set with Ulysses. It was a pretty good set, you'll enjoy it.

First album is still my favourite album of theirs.

faridmon

I seen them just the other week at the BBC6 Music festival in Manchester, they was just before the National.

They played a few off Tonight, they ended their set with Ulysses. It was a pretty good set, you'll enjoy it.

First album is still my favourite album of theirs.

Good to know.

I really don't understand the hate for Tonight. I do see where people are coming from when they say the first one is the best, because that was an amazing album.

I personally think that Tonight is their best followed by their first album.

What did you think of Right Thoughts?

VLiberty

I think the only predictable match is Bayern - UTD. I'd say Real - Dortmund too, but then we all remember how it went last year.

BTW how's OL? Seems incredible to say after the great CL performance they had, but Juventus is now the only chance we have to win something in Europe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom