• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Edinburgh derby today. If Hibs beat Hearts, they are relegated.

These are the things rivalries are made of.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didn't Ramos escape a red card yesterday?

jbdQifJg9S0iCS.jpg
Looool what the fuck?!

He's genuinely worse than Pepe.

sohois

Today has been a very good day for me. Went to bed early yesterday, missing out on all the football and with work the next morning. Woke up to:

-Near perfect set of results for Liverpool
-have 3 extra days off work in addition to the 10 days in Barbados next week
-annoying Sunday work finishes in like half the time
-discover flights to Barbados actually arrive a day earlier than thought, so I won't miss the West Ham match
-also discover that UK time has gone back an hour, so I don't have to stay up to 2am tonight
-return home and accidentally walk in on fit roommate naked
-get drunk and eat a sweet pizza

Not bad at all. I'm almost expecting a Spurs upset now since things have been going too well.

Today has been a very good day for me. Went to bed early yesterday, missing out on all the football and with work the next morning. Woke up to:

-Near perfect set of results for Liverpool
-have 3 extra days off work in addition to the 10 days in Barbados next week
-annoying Sunday work finishes in like half the time
-discover flights to Barbados actually arrive a day earlier than thought, so I won't miss the West Ham match
-also discover that UK time has gone back an hour, so I don't have to stay up to 2am tonight
-return home and accidentally walk in on fit roommate naked
-get drunk and eat a sweet pizza

Not bad at all. I'm almost expecting a Spurs upset now since things have been going too well.

Make it a great day

Bum your roommate

edit: Januzaj's gud

Aren;t Hearts the third biggest Scottish team, in the last 10 years at least?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Make it a great day

Bum your roommate

They're up there yeah, but went into administration this season when their foreign owner was arrested and had all his assets seized lol. Started the season on -15 points, had to sell some of their best players and had signing ban imposed.

Think their fans have just accepted that they'll have to go down and rebuild. They're now owned by a fan group.

pulga

Banned
I like how Hitcher says "paltry La Liga title" when he'll die an old man never having seen Liverpool win their own league loooool

Arnie

I like how Hitcher says "paltry La Liga title" when he'll die an old man never having seen Liverpool win their own league loooool
He should've done what you did and just pick a handful of footballing superpowers as a child so he could win multiple titles a year.

sohois

Make it a great day

Bum your roommate

Somehow, I just knew this would be the first reply I got, unless it was Arnie in which case I was also expecting a question about which pizza i ate.

I walked in on her in the room with her boyfriend anyway

And I have quite enough trouble with my own girlfriends as well

hitcher pls, Ingeniero's got this. England and Manchester will be blue once again

England will never be blue.

Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal could go a century without winning a match, and we'd still have the biggest fanbases :p

In all seriousness, I don't think we'll win the league, but as long as we end the season on decent enough form, this season can be a damn good springboard to make a squad that can challenge again in the near future. Maybe not next season when Chelsea will have a world class striker, and Pellegrini will make more tweaks to his contraption, but in the next 3 or so years hopefully

We've spent the last 5 years just praying for a season to put ourselves back in contention, and back in the Champion's League. Barring a disastrous end to the season, we look to be having that season.

3rd would be a great achievement, wonder if people will make 3rd-place-trophy jokes if it happens. Basically we were hoping for improvement, and have been given a massive leap (so far)

That's good enough for me.

Laters bruvs. Hope I come back to a good result.

#nervousasfuck

They're up there yeah, but went into administration this season when their foreign owner was arrested and had all his assets seized lol. Started the season on -15 points, had to sell some of their best players and had signing ban imposed.

Think their fans have just accepted that they'll have to go down and rebuild. They're now owned by a fan group.

Yup, can't complain. We knew Romanov was a lunatic for a long time and his interest in the club gradually dissipated to something like zero in the past few years. We had to sell all our best/experienced players and it's pretty much a youth team now. We'll go down this season and it's debatable if we'll come back up at the first time of asking as we'll have Rangers for company next season. In the long term it's for the best both financially and having a club where the fans have an input and we're not at the whim of owners who don't have the clubs best interests at heart.

And yes based on average attendance we are Scotland's third biggest club. After that you've probably got Aberdeen, then Hibs then Dundee United.

Hixx

We sacked O'Neill one year ago today.

Worked out well
TadkV.gif

Though I'd rather have got relegated than watch another season of his football.

Dembele, 17 year old, demolished our u21 team a couple of months ago. United were interested in buying him. This is basically his debut for Fulham as he injured himself right away in his debut.

Having seen the past 3 RM matches, I have come to the conclusion that they badly to replace Xabi Alonso, Ramos and get a rock solid defense minded right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom