• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen the past 3 RM matches, I have come to the conclusion that they badly to replace Xabi Alonso, Ramos and get a rock solid defense minded right back.

Madrid's issue is far more fundamental and won't be fixed just by replacing those two players. Despite being a team packed full of quality the possession was pretty much 50/50 against Rayo, at home. Madrid are very much still a counterattacking side with immense pace. They look a lot better with Modric mind.

Until Madrid can learn to control games against the very best opposition they are likely to fall short.

Wilbur

Banned
Bj-THNKCMAE67Cw.jpg:large

Adnan pls.

Fuck these women making a quick quid

SHINJI

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Madrid's issue is far more fundamental and won't be fixed just by replacing those two players. Despite being a team packed full of quality the possession was pretty much 50/50 against Rayo, at home. Madrid are very much still a counterattacking side with immense pace. They look a lot better with Modric mind.

Until Madrid can learn to control games against the very best opposition they are likely to fall short.

Madrid doesn't have to be brilliant with possession. Liverpool for example also relies on snap counter attacks. Pure speed.

The problem is that Xabi Alonso is old as fuck and can't keep up the pace nor defend properly, and Ramos is such a dumb fuck he ruins everything. Obviously when Bale and Ronaldo can't track back for shit, they need rock solid side backs. Coentrao/Marcelo/Carvalhal..... these three can't defend for shit.

The problem is not the system, it's the IQ and main quality aspects of some players. Mou was right, as is Ancelotti. But Real Madrid is in a tricky place because a couple of key positions are dragging the whole system down.

Flo would do well to bring some high IQ players into the mix. They need a new rock in front of the defense, and they need a CB that isn't brain dead, and a RB/LB that knows how to defend.

LTWheels

Must be hard to prepare against Spurs.

No idea what kind of tactics Tim will attempt to utilise, not even his players known.

I don't want us to play a diamond. Would be quite happy with dropping Allen today and going back to 4-3-3 like against Arsenal and Everton. I expect to see a bit of a high line from Spurs.

Arnie

Must be hard to prepare against Spurs.

No idea what kind of tactics Tim will attempt to utilise, not even his players known.

I don't want us to play a diamond. Would be quite happy with dropping Allen today and going back to 4-3-3 like against Arsenal and Everton. I expect to see a bit of a high line from Spurs.
You just know we're going to be unchanged.

Allen's starting.

And we're winning.

POETRY

Hixx

In Fulham scored there it would have been disgraceful.

Fulham player playing basketball to take it off Osman, how the fuck did the ref miss it?

Madrid doesn't have to be brilliant with possession. Liverpool for example also relies on snap counter attacks. Pure speed.

The problem is that Xabi Alonso is old as fuck and can't keep up the pace nor defend properly, and Ramos is such a dumb fuck he ruins everything. Obviously when Bale and Ronaldo can't track back for shit, they need rock solid side backs. Coentrao/Marcelo/Carvalhal..... these three can't defend for shit.

The problem is not the system, it's the IQ and main quality aspects of some players. Mou was right, as is Ancelotti. But Real Madrid is in a tricky place because a couple of key positions are dragging the whole system down.

Flo would do well to bring some high IQ players into the mix. They need a new rock in front of the defense, and they need a CB that isn't brain dead, and B/LB that knows how to defend.

Disagree. Madrid have performed poorly against Atletico and Barça in the league this season. And in Europe it's incredibly difficult to win the CL as a counter puncher. You've got a far greater chance of winning and consistently winning titles if you can dominate possession against your rivals in addition to scoring. Liverpool aren't a great example given that they've won absolutely nothing this season and there's no pressure for BR to win the league. They aren't even in Europe. If Madrid don't win the decima or league this season it will be yet another year wasted in the second Perez era. Madrid can continue to throw money at players but a more fundamental shift in system is required to create long term success. Incidentally it was when Alonso returned that Madrid went on their long unbeaten streak. They are a better team with him, but due to his age he'll need replaced anyway.

TeddyBoy

Fulham are playing pretty well today, Magath has made them look like a good side again. Still expect an Everton win though, Lukaku loves his late goals.

Seen Bob Cass has written a story today about how Fergie won't have anything to do with the decision to keep/sack Moyes. Fergie trying to push the burden over to the Glaziers?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Paulinho has been ruled out of the game today with conjunctivitis. He wasn't going to start but he might have been useful from the bench.

Ushojax

Unlucky Fulham. They were never going to get anything after wasting a those chances in the first half.

Ushojax

Is Lamela playing? I think I haven't seen him play in England yet. I had such high hopes...

Injured since December. I think he will come good though, it's a shame that our Bale replacement has hardly played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom