• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

_73913093_baines.jpg

Lol Baines does not give a fuck. If he wants a 99p flake, he will get a 99p flake!

I've responded with arguments. You kept moving the goalposts, introduced portugese ronaldo into the discussion when I didn't bring him up, resorted to name calling and now accuse me of discounting rational dissection. OriginalThinking hahaha

I shifted the goalposts? No buddy that was you. You want entertaining to be futsal skills, then you introduced variety of goals scored and then you decided that Messi didn't qualify because entertaining had to be 30 yard+ goals. Basically you keep inventing metrics to disqualify Messi.

I actually didn't call you any names, I merely compared your opinions merit against Steven Seagal and his latest nonsense about Putin. ie that your opinion may be shared by a minority and have little popular support.

Whereas I made the point that the most entertaining players for fans are the ones who score great goals, make great passes and beat opposition defenders. I think that's an opinion based on rationality. By that metric Messi is consistently the best that I and most people on here have ever seen in terms of pure entertainment. That isn't to say that the other players mentioned aren't great, or haven't played great games or even seasons. But in terms of consistent entertainment Messi is the GOAT.

But it's getting boring now.

Business

It wouldn't because at the end of it our attackers scored the goals and Ramos, aside from corners, is barely involved up there with them let alone in the build up of our counters or attacking play. Rayo didn't create many chances and we were dominating the play. One man down wouldn't have made any difference because they were barely pushing in our box to begin with were Ramos mostly is, they weren't keeping up.

You ignore the fact Ramos would miss the next tougher away match. There's always stuff to cry about on every game for every side, but RM, their players and their fans are really the champions at ref moaning.

faridmon

Can we please drop the Messi v Ronaldo topic which have been to death in millionth time.

Its not like they have played well against Stoke ffs

Tell me

I'm on a bus

On the atmosphere:

'I think the fans were better today than they've ever been [sic: since I've been manager I assume]. We have an army of fans worldwide, there are 533million Liverpool supporters across the world.'

Pack your bags, B-Rod. Such a shame it had to end like this.

terrisus

If you do I'll buy a train ticket to Southampton and kiss you.

Such an offer is extended to fans of any teams that take points from City and Chelsea between now and the end of the season.

How much for a train ticket from the US to Southampton?

(And don't try to fool me by giving me a ticket to one of the many Southamptons we have over here)

Arnie

On the atmosphere:

'I think the fans were better today than they've ever been [sic: since I've been manager I assume]. We have an army of fans worldwide, there are 533million Liverpool supporters across the world.'

Pack your bags, B-Rod. Such a shame it had to end like this.
He's mobilised the troops.
How much for a train ticket from the US to Southampton?

(And don't try to fool me by giving me a ticket to one of the many Southamptons we have over here)
Bazillions

I don't know what is Jesus waiting to replace Enzo. We are giving all the balls to Braga.

and we need Enzo rested now more than ever. have you seen our schedule? 5 matches in 13 days:

03/04 vs AZ (EL)
07/04 vs Rio Ave (League)
10/04 vs AZ (EL)
13/04 vs Arouca (League)
16/04 vs Porto (Cup)

Salazar

Was sat in a pub having dinner, for that.

Tried an Italian first, no tables. Went to the pub. Game was on. No table except for behind one of the tvs.

Sat there over me fish and chips for a good 45 minutes, listening to utter wankers just repeating "Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, ooh Sterling" to themselves.

Fuck off, Spurs.

LTWheels

The similarities between Liverpool and Bill Shankly's first title-winning campaign of 1963-64 are uncanny. In Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge, Rodgers' team possess their first two players to score 20 league goals or more in a season since Ian St John and Roger Hunt 50 years ago. Shankly's championship breakthrough also featured 1-0 and 3-0 wins over Manchester United and, on this day half a century ago, Liverpool beat Tottenham at Anfield to go top of the table. First place was not relinquished and Liverpool claimed their first title in 17 years.

553million? Haha Brendan is great

1 in 12 people in the world support a team that hasn't won their league since 1990. Obvsly :p

I mean, look at the filters

You have to be aware of current football
You have to like football
You have to like European football
You have to like English football
You have to pick us

So where the fuck did 533million come from? :lol

Oh well, they all count to the sponsors :p

I'm not following this argument, and this post isn't exactly a direct reply to you but

the most entertaining player isn't Messi, but he's the best.

If I had to pick one, I'd go for Ibra. In the end, it's all subjective really.

I agree it's very subjective (that's why I threw up Barthez earlier). So I tried to find a way to make it less subjective and more objective. So did Greyface sort of, but he chose metrics which I thought weren't really relevant.

Anyway, the discussion (never really a discussion as both of us are further away than ever) has become kind of pointless.

Arnie

Tried an Italian first, no tables. Went to the pub. Game was on. No table except for behind one of the tvs.

Sat there over me fish and chips for a good 45 minutes, listening to utter wankers just repeating "Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, ooh Sterling" to themselves.

Fuck off, Spurs.
I got my Italian in before the match.

Quick scran and a coke before the Guinness starts to pour.

And then it was Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, ooh Sterling.

FootballFan

1 in 12 people in the world support a team that hasn't won their league since 1990. Obvsly :p

I mean, look at the filters

You have to be aware of current football
You have to like football
You have to like European football
You have to like English football
You have to pick us

So where the fuck did 533million come from? :lol

Maybe its Facebook likes? I have no idea. Its a pretty specific number too lol. 553million.

580million when the season ends.

GorillaJu

Fuck off, Spurs.

I watched it with some local cats in a jazz bar. We were all wearing turtle necks.

Salazar

I'm not following this argument, and this post isn't exactly a direct reply to you but

the most entertaining player isn't Messi, but he's the best.

If I had to pick one, I'd go for Ibra. In the end, it's all subjective really.

You're not wrong.

Ibra takes "good touch for a big lad" to another level. He elevates it from cliché territory.

How such a fucking oaf produces such fucking elegance is beyond me.

I watched it with some local cats in a jazz bar. We were all wearing turtle necks.

<3

3Sixty

We all Italian foodies up in this.

Made myself spinach and ricotta tortellini lavished in a tomato and mascarpone sauce.

Chung ting

Scum

image.php

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Everton

5. Arsenal
6. Man Utd
7. Spurs

Congrats again, LiverpoolGAF. Time to watch Batman: Dark Knight Returns on Amazon Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom