• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
u mad salty bruv

stay salty

he reminds me of a pundit show, a couple of weeks back, where they talked that for all the "sucess" Porto had in the last 30 years they're still a small regional club unable to get supporters outside their own little pig infested town.

one of them even quipped there were more Benfiquistas in Porto during the 80s than Portistas. and how the default club the international media mentions when talking about Portuguese football is still Benfica.

they're like a midget with a big dick. sure you're packed but you're so small.

Showaddy

image.php

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Everton

5. Arsenal
6. Man Utd
7. Spurs

Congrats again, LiverpoolGAF. Time to watch Batman: Dark Knight Returns on Amazon Prime.

Look on the bright side Scum, no more Sherwood & no more Europa League.

rvy

Banned
he reminds me of a pundit show, a couple of weeks back, where they talked that for all the "sucess" Porto had in the last 30 years they're still a small regional club unable to get supporters outside their own little pig infested town.

one of them even quipped there were more Benfiquistas in Porto during the 80s than Portistas. and how the default club the international media mentions when talking about Portuguese football is still Benfica.

they're like a midget with a big dick. sure you're packed but you're so small.

#DEAD

ether

Portugeezer

u mad salty bruv

stay salty
And they are the "greatest" despite getting dominated for decades.

Also looks like they might win a rare league title.

Though, to give Liverpool some credit, they did win the Champions League in the 21st century, their kiddies know the feeling of glory unrestricted to just football chants.

Yen

The Brazilian Flanagan speaks:

"@officialcafu: Good to see the RedCafu is playing well! Liverpool amazing to watch!"

rvy

Banned

Though, to give Liverpool some credit, they did win the Champions League in the 21st century, their kiddies know the feeling of glory unrestricted to just football chants.

i can't hear you over the sound of all the prostitutes I had to bribe referees with to achieve my so called success

oh shit

a ref just requested a black one

brb

Scum

Look on the bright side Scum, no more Sherwood & no more Europa League.

I want Van Gaal before Man Utd decide to pinch him away. :-(

Fuck it! I'm going to Suen it! London clubs, here comes my support!

Fulham 1 - 3 Everton
C. Palace 1 - 0 Chelsea
L. Orient 0 - 1 Bradford City
Q.P.R 1 - 1 Blackpool

zknS7MG.png

It's pretty weird how Liverpool just bottomed out in 7th, even when the glory days were clearly over. So many teams just drop like a stone when their time is done, thank fuck we've had owners pouring enough money into us to ensure that our overall failures have not been calamitous failures which threaten our entire existence. Small mercies and all that.

Sturridge is very well spoken, seems a good lad.

Can anyone elaborate on how and why things went so badly wrong for Rodgers at Watford and Reading?

Suen

both sides are provoking each other. And they're both shitting up the thread.

Barca and Madrid GAF please go and create your own OT or post in the MLS thread
Just to let you know I wasn't posting to any Barca GAF member, nor was I provoking anyone of them. I didn't even mention a name from that group. If I can't even post about highlights of a football game and tell how ridiculous the ref is; in a game that was rather important for the result of the team I support then just tell me to stop posting about football here completely. What do you want me to post? How Moyes is a genius? Wilbrr's anus?

No offense Suen, but claiming that a red card at the start of the game wouldn't have changed anything because you won 5-0 without the relevant player being involved in the goals is complete nonsense.
I'm not only saying he's not involved in the goals, he's not even close to being involved in that region of the pitch. You'd have more of a case if Ronaldo, Bale or Benz was sent off (and with regard to our goals then). Ramos sent off would have still kept us as lethal up front, it wouldn't have diminished our attacking power in the slightest. If Rayo actually managed to get through our midfield and pushed our defense then you could say we prevented them from good goal scoring opportunities and they didn't. We weren't meeting Barca or Atletico
or Sevilla

No, I just like to see you getting wound up. It's so easy.
So you're a joke, thanks.

KICK IT AWAY MELLBERG FOR FUCKS SAKE.

and fucking hell, referees too busy being on twitter to judge madges, spineless cunt.
Is Mellberg still alive? Legend.

You ignore the fact Ramos would miss the next tougher away match. There's always stuff to cry about on every game for every side, but RM, their players and their fans are really the champions at ref moaning.
Ramos has been worse than Varane and that guy has been injured for months. If we lose a game against a team I guarantee you it's not because we don't have Sergio Fucking Ramos, if anything he's more likely to make us lose. Of all our defenders Ramos and Carvajal have been the least impressive this season, even Arbeloa has been better than both of them together.

Madrid fans here are pretty tame compared to some Real Madrid forums out there.

The shit i have seen... the meltdowns...

Kate we have to go back
Just look at the comments at goal.com. You'd think the Madrid and Barca fans there are the same people
yes non-Madrid and non-Barca gaf, you can laugh at this reply and say we are identical in all aspects.

So what is up with the Barcelona handball penalty yesterday?

I just saw today. What was the ref on.
Quiet you're not allowed to discuss it here.

Ball bounces from Neymar's arm, hits Lopez arm, Barca get a pen. Yes, exactly like that.

you know how i know the sodium levels are off the chart?

when winning a league title is "rare" despite that we have 32 of them, 5 more than them.

and you know who eliminated that CL winning Liverpool the following season? yeah.

Scum

Pls Scum

we ain't going to CL

Don't be modest, Farid-chan. You're getting points when it counts. You can rely on Everton for something. Rely on Spurs? lol

It's pretty weird how Liverpool just bottomed out in 7th, even when the glory days were clearly over. So many teams just drop like a stone when their time is done, thank fuck we've had owners pouring enough money into us to ensure that our overall failures have not been calamitous failures which threaten our entire existence. Small mercies and all that.

Sturridge is very well spoken, seems a good lad.

Can anyone elaborate on how and why things went so badly wrong for Rodgers at Watford and Reading?

Maybe both clubs couldn't be arsed to help a young bright manager do his thing? He's a got a bunch of good lads upstairs at Liverpool who allow him to do what he has to do.

Blackhead

Redarse
I'm not following this argument, and this post isn't exactly a direct reply to you but

the most entertaining player isn't Messi, but he's the best.

If I had to pick one, I'd go for Ibra. In the end, it's all subjective really.

You're not wrong.

Ibra takes "good touch for a big lad" to another level. He elevates it from cliché territory.

How such a fucking oaf produces such fucking elegance is beyond me.

Nutters :)

L1NETT

He kept Watford up, mainly due to the ineptitude of the teams below after a very slow start.

Then claimed he was 100% committed to the club

Then walked out on them after they showed faith in him.

Sounds like Rodger's has commissioned a 659m followers-esque survey.

Watch PSG come out with some bullshit about how many people have thought about the Eiffel tower now. 2bn fans!

Scum

Scum, we won't interfere. You can have your Dutch mentalist.

But Sal, he's exactly the type of old cunt we could do with, for 2 seasons at least. Someone to stick his cock, balls deep into these bunch of soft cunts. I knew we'd lose this game, but sixth with six games to go and on -4 goal difference? loooool

He kept Watford up, mainly due to the ineptitude of the teams below after a very slow start.

I stand corrected.

Oh, for some reason I had it in my head that they fired him. Rodgers goes on the list with Downing of 'football people whose word means fuck all until they sign on the dotted line' :p

L1NETT

Oh, for some reason I had it in my head that they fired him. Rodgers goes on the list with Downing of 'football people whose word means fuck all until they sign on the dotted line' :p

As soon as Coppell left Reading (resigned IIRC) Rodgers distanced himself initially but then when compensation was done and dusted the Hornets couldn't stop him from going. A certain Malky Makay was 1st team coach.

Bit of a black mark on him but all water under the bridge now tbh.

you know what I like?

how we went with our B Bus. Because we knew they'd do this loooooooooooooool

no

This is completely ignorant (as per) but sometiues it feels like there are certain fanbases trying to cling onto the glory days by acting like cunts all the time, while others have just moved on in the main in the realisation that football really isn't worth stabbing someone over.

Clegg

The problem with going for Reus is that Dortmund are almost certainly losing Gundogan this summer and won't sell their other star man.

And in some freak event that he actually becomes available there'll be bigger and richer clubs who'll outbid you in an instant.

Mastadon

Banned
As cities, location and industrial rivalry, multiplied by the building of the Manchester canals which let them compete with the Liverpool docks (I think)

Football-wise, its complicated.

It's not really that complicated. We were the dominant force in domestic football for two decades, and then Man Utd were. :p

L1NETT

If you think Liverpool don't have status as a club your either a troll or someone who considers the last 10 years as the entirety of football history.

Salazar

We can definitely sign Reus.

We have the money and the status.

Let's go all in.

Shut up.

Had a peculiar confrontation this morning. Was at an ATM in an alley and there was a Welsh bloke having a semi-private slash against a wall. He finished up, turned around, saw me, and started apologising. Sorry boyo, Sunday morning, nothing's open, what can a man do etc. I said no worries, we've all been there, and his mood drastically fucking changed. Thought he was going to belt me. Just stood there about two yards or so away from me getting progressively crankier, calling me names, and I discreetly jogged in the other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom