• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

@BBCSport
Man City announce the first phase of work to expand the Etihad Stadium from its current 47,670 capacity to 62,170 is to begin imminently.

we bought 2 players:

Pawel Dawidowicz, 18 years old CM from Lechia Gdansk. costs us 2 million, will be sold by 25 in 3 years.

Michy Batshuayi, 20 years old FW from Standard Liège, top scorer of the belgian league. cost is unknown at this point but he'll be sold by 10 times what we paid for him in 2 years.

@BBCSport
Man City announce the first phase of work to expand the Etihad Stadium from its current 47,670 capacity to 62,170 is to begin imminently.

15k extra empty seats. City doing their best to impersonate Serie A's riveting atmosphere.

rvy

Banned
we bought 2 players:

Pawel Dawidowicz, 18 years old CM from Lechia Gdansk. costs us 2 million, will be sold by 25 in 3 years.

Michy Batshuayi, 20 years old FW from Standard Liège, top scorer of the belgian league. cost is unknown at this point but he'll be sold by 10 times what we paid for him in 2 years
Shouldn't we be buying right backs?

You know, seeing as Maxi isn't good to begin with and is getting up there in age.

Jack cw

but Pep is

I doubt you would appreciate Pep even if he defends all titles. I like your Pep trolling though. If we fail you could pretend that you were always against him.
Edit: That Robben goal!
I couldnt stop laughing when he scored that goal of the century.

Shouldn't we be buying right backs?

imhJoGWSzje5z.gif

Meier

Michy Batshuayi, 20 years old FW from Standard Liège, top scorer of the belgian league. cost is unknown at this point but he'll be sold by 10 times what we paid for him in 2 years.
Is that official? Nice get if so. He's been linked with Everton all year but they apparently didn't want to pay his full release clause (it was around 10m if I recall).

Blablurn

I doubt you would appreciate Pep even if he defends all titles. I like your Pep trolling though. If we fail you could pretend that you were always against him.

Jupp is just angry that Pep broke Heynckes early title record.

Jupp, pls change

L1NETT

D-Day for Leeds, Cellino nutcase appealing against the ruling

If Red Bull want to step into English Football, is there a better opportunity.

Elchele

you really don't have to be a football genius to notice his defensive tactics are LvG-level of shit. The difference is we have better players now and Neuer, so it doesn't look that bad, but Heynckes' tactics make DvB, Contento, etc look like top class defenders

GorillaJu

we bought 2 players:

15k extra empty seats. City doing their best to impersonate Serie A's riveting atmosphere.

Aren't you looking forward to them actually like, playing for your club? It's not like having owners and agents swim in money is going to make Benfica suddenly relevant in the top echelons of football.

King_Moc

Banned
@BBCSport

I wish Liverpool would pull their finger out with their expansion. They can actually sell it out.

I might be able to get tickets more often too.

WJD

Erghhh, Seeing that Robben goal brings back all the bitterness. We really should have gone through that tie and at the very least been in the final.

Aren't you looking forward to them actually like, playing for your club? It's not like having owners and agents swim in money is going to make Benfica suddenly relevant in the top echelons of football.

i know Benfica's role in world football. we're a feeder club for the big sharks. i'm ok with that.

do i look forward to watch them play? sure.

do i know that if they're good they won't be staying long? sure.

we lost Matic already and by summer time Garay, Rodrigo and André Gomes are 100% gone. probably even more players leaving.

Shouldn't we start betting in our youngsters? You know, that portuguese team our president wants in 2020.

deusvieira2d3a3y.png

our B-Team has so much quality and we currently have by far the best youth squads in the country. if the don't pull the trigger soon it's gonna be a bunch of talent wasting away.

Jack cw

Jupp is just angry that Pep broke Heynckes early title record.

Jupp, pls change
Haha, sounds legit.
you really don't have to be a football genius to notice his defensive tactics are LvG-level of shit. The difference is we have better players now and Neuer, so it doesn't look that bad, but Heynckes' tactics make DvB, Contento, etc look like top class defenders
So Heynckes used some magical secret sauce that made DvB and Contento good? Tell me more!

Jack cw

Kroos signs a new deal per @BILD_Bayern

Well technicalleh he has a contract until 2015, so that doesnt really exclude a transfer, only Bayern wont sell him in the next year. I guess the new contract will be signed in may when the team is presenting the trophies in Munich city.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the only thing they say: Rummenigge verspricht: "Toni Kroos wird gesichert auch im nächsten Jahr das Trikot von Bayern München tragen!" Jetzt fliegen die Bayern ab.

rummenigge promises: toni kroos will surely also wear the bayern shirt next year

I'm sorry on behalf of Janusz Michallik

he'll stay if he knows what's good for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what does Tancredi have to say about this?

@Tancredi 3h
BOOM! BIG NEWS COMING stay tuned.
(RT 860)

@Tancredi 1h
Mama mia you not belive this. Bayern oh bayern
(RT 320)

@Tancredi: 43m
BREAKING NEWS:rummenigge promise: toni kroos will sure also wear bayern shirt next year. WILL SURE, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT
(RT 10)

MrKaepora

our B-Team has so much quality and we currently have by far the best youth squads in the country. if the don't pull the trigger soon it's gonna be a bunch of talent wasting away.
We are already a talent waster. Or do you think we are going to start playing next season with Cavaleiro and Bernardo Silva?

Every fucking year is the same thing. Buy a ton of players, have 3 or 4 that are good and give the rest to play for other teams while our president talks about youngsters and that they are the future.

Blablurn

@Tancredi 3h

@Tancredi 1h

BREAKING NEWS:rummenigge promise: toni kroos will sure also wear bayern shirt next year. WILL SURE, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT

yurt pls stahp

@Tancredi 3h
(RT 860)

@Tancredi 1h
(RT 320)

(RT 10)

According to Sky Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom